Thread: Colonic....

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member

Colonic....

I had a friend suggest trying colonics for blah blah blah.. just curious if anyone has any experience with this

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I tried it once. Really cleans you out. I heard lot of bodybuilders do them. I bought a colon cleanse product from GNC that worked even better. I lost a few pounds and felt much healthier for about a month. I would recommend it at least once a year.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I eat enough oatmeal to feed the Canadian army. Hopefully I won't ever need one. I was talking to an ER doctor once, and he told me that the average man carries between 10-15 pounds of fecal matter in his intestines, mostly due to the consumption of red meat.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I too eat mucho oatmeal. In addition, i eat psyllium husk fiber, and I am always 100% clean. Terds come out shaped like a bullet, no mess, no fuss. One square of TP is about all it takes.

^I've heard the same thing about the weight of fecel matter. I'm extremely regular, and I metabolize anything I eat usually in 12 to 18 hours... pretty fast throughput. I probably only hold a couple of pounds at any given moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I too eat mucho oatmeal. In addition, i eat psyllium husk fiber, and I am always 100% clean. Terds come out shaped like a bullet, no mess, no fuss. One square of TP is about all it takes.

^I've heard the same thing about the weight of fecel matter. I'm extremely regular, and I metabolize anything I eat usually in 12 to 18 hours... pretty fast throughput. I probably only hold a couple of pounds at any given moment.
    Your a lucky man. I'd been dealing with serious constipation for over 10 years. I'm sure I've carried 20+ lbs of *crap* in my intestine. Tried everything, even one of those 2 week detox cleans programs. All it did was give me severe diarrhea and make me mess my pants a couple times with unexpected "sharts". Even did 6 Metamucil capsules a day plus Miralax. Nothing. I could eat a corn cob and it would take a week before I'd see a kernel. That is until I finally dialed in my thyroid meds about 2 weeks ago. *Man what a difference!* Had one of the biggest craps in my life the other day. Must have been 2+lbs .. No lie. Just goes to show how important HRT is and how much your endocrine system *really* does effect everything. Just glad to be "normal" again.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Your a lucky man. I'd been dealing with serious constipation for over 10 years. I'm sure I've carried 20+ lbs of *crap* in my intestine. Tried everything, even one of those 2 week detox cleans programs. All it did was give me severe diarrhea and make me mess my pants a couple times with unexpected "sharts". Even did 6 Metamucil capsules a day plus Miralax. Nothing. I could eat a corn cob and it would take a week before I'd see a kernel. That is until I finally dialed in my thyroid meds about 2 weeks ago. *Man what a difference!* Had one of the biggest craps in my life the other day. Must have been 2+lbs .. No lie. Just goes to show how important HRT is and how much your endocrine system *really* does effect everything. Just glad to be "normal" again.
    thyroid? hmmm..... my woman gets backed up like you. thanks for the idea (nothing really works on her either)

I have IBS.. so I eat and it comes right out the other end... but I still get bloated and gassy as hell...

I don't know what IBS is, but I go as often as I eat. Drives my woman crazy.

Irritable bowel syndrome.. basically you eat.. you go.. and you have no control over it... for me I get almost no warning that I have to go.. maybe 5 minutes if i'm looking.. if i think i need to go.. i make a dash to the bathroom

Thread Information