jtd
    jtd is offline New Member

Good levels, but low energy

Ok so I need a little help. I am 35 and have been on TRT (cyp) for 6 months. I just got my last labs back, and total Test was 925. When I started 6 months ago it was at 272. I do feel better, but no where near like I did as a teenager like I have read from pretty much every other post on here. Is there anything I might be able to do to help with getting my energy level up. Any suggestion to what might be going on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't feel like I did when I was a teenager, so that might be an unrealistic goal. How are your estrogen and IGF-1 levels?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Curious as to how often you pin. Might make a bit of a difference. Thinking out loud. Any more info?

awesome1 is offline Associate Member
    Taking a look at all of your other hormones would help. What's your diet like? Ever considered b12 injections?

Vettester is offline Banned
    ^^ Agree with the B12 thought. Also look at DHEA, cortisol, sleep patterns, and YES diet & exercise is vital. What other labs did you run beyond total test serum?

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    By levels where over 1200 but know energy until i got the E2 under control

Any other possible symptoms you might be overlooking besides just fatigue? I had the same problem, but in my case, it was more than just Low T. As the others have already inferred, it's difficult to diagnose without more info. Could be *many* things.

have you checked your thyroid?

jtd
    jtd is offline New Member
    Thanks for the responses. I'm still learning about whats what, so I dont have the answers to some of your questions. I guess I need to get on that portion of things. I can tell you that I am taking 100 a week of cyp. I'm not a gym rat but do workout on a regular basis. I eat pretty good, could take in more protein and water, but over all not bad. I will call the Dr office and see what the labs where that they ran and see if I cant answer some of the questions posed. I never thought about my thyroid. Guess I need to get that checked. any specific test I should be looking to have done regarding my thyroid ? Again thanks for the responses and any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thyroid..
    get a complete thyroid panel and make sure they include the breakdown of T3 and T4 which many docs do not include
    some docs just do a TSH....the more BW the better to find out why you are so tired

Thread Information