Thread: Success!!

renjr70 is offline Junior Member

Success!!

Finally, I found a Dr. willing to write me a script for my test and willing to let me self administer the shots. My General Doc ran the blood work and found me with low test about 4 months ago and sent me to a urologist who put me on HRT. But he was unwilling to write me a script and wanted me to come in for office visits every 2 weeks for a shot. Really ridiculous but I continued to go while I searched for another doc. Finally Friday I had an appointment with another urologist that when i explained that I could'nt take time off from work every two weeks for an office visit he was willing to write me a script. Now I'm off on my own with 200ml a week of Test E. Took me awhile but I finally got here, gave myself my first home injection yesterday. I need to give him blood in 30 days but after that I should be on my own for awhile!3

Triple Stack is offline Associate Member
    Good job, I had the same thing with my main doc so he sent me to the urologist. The urologist said to come in for shots but I told him upfront that I couldn't break away from work to get shots from him. He relented and wrote me the script, and said to come on in if I needed help getting started with pinning myself. Mission accomplished!

He was surprised that I wanted shots...he said it was antiquated and that there are better options like androgel . I told him it grossed out my wife & that I just wanted to be able to just pop a shot & not worry about daily administrations of gel crap. He seemed to understand that...

I must add that at least you got started off at a healthy dose. My guy is starting me at 200mgs every 3 WEEKS....I'll have to break into my stash to make up the difference!

they wanted to put me on the gel also. I told them I have a 5 year old and 2 year year old sons that i didnt want to worry about any climbing on me or wrestling around with. No argument at all from him when I brought the kids up.

well it took me 4 months to get up to that dose. I have blood work done every 2 weeks to show my levels and i walked into the new docs office armed. He couldnt really justify knocking me back down to a smaller dose. The other doc was pinning me every 2 weeks and he started at 100mg for the 1st month, took my to 300mg eow for the 2nd month and got up to 400mg eow for the 3rd month. He would've taken me to 500mg next month, he was good that way but i hated the office visits. The new doc likes my levels at 400mg eow but I told him I wanted to administer myself weekly because i really felt the crash at 2 weeks. He agreed

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    I started out on the gel and you were right in avoiding that... what a disappointment. Congratulations on the self inject and the nice starting dose!

now to get to work on my own supplementation, gonna need some help on this guys.

You'll be gtg, check your inbox!

Funny, I told my doc that I didn't want to contaminate my wife & kids with the gel too!

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Stack View Post
    I must add that at least you got started off at a healthy dose. My guy is starting me at 200mgs every 3 WEEKS....I'll have to break into my stash to make up the difference!
    Mine started me off real low too. I had to suck it up for a while so we could get a couple blood tests back till he would prescribe more.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    congrats bro....any goals?

Thread Information