londonvic is offline New Member

Help with T-results!

Hi forum members - would be hugely appreciated if someone could help interpret my T-results

I got these tests done after experiencing the following:
    -lethargy & fatigue
    -decreased training energy
    -noticable drop in libido and performance in the sack

TESTOSTERONE 18.4 nmol/L 7.6 - 31.4
    Free Testosterone 13.6 pg/ml 7.2 - 23.0

Myself:
    40 YO male, 5'9" 82kg train (lift) 3-4 times a week. No supplements other than standard protein/creatine stacks. Meds only fluox (prozac) but this has never been a prob in the past

Any ideas? This has been a noticeable change in the last 3-4 months

Cheers!

Vic, London

38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Looks low to me, you are a candidate for TRT.

BeastintheSheets is offline New Member
    The prozac possibly raised prolactin and lowered dopamine so that it is unsufficient to excite LH production from the pituitary. You could try getting off the SSRI and using things like tribulus to jump start you, or you should hop on TRT. Mid to low range is no fun, as that is most likely the unhealthiest segment of the population.

londonvic is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastintheSheets View Post
    The prozac possibly raised prolactin and lowered dopamine so that it is unsufficient to excite LH production from the pituitary. You could try getting off the SSRI and using things like tribulus to jump start you, or you should hop on TRT. Mid to low range is no fun, as that is most likely the unhealthiest segment of the population.
    Thanks very much for the advice - would you advise consulting an endocrinologist as a private patient and would they be of the same opinion or would I have trouble getting TRT prescribed as my levels are within range?

Honestly, you are mid to low mid for total and Free looks okay. You need to have a complete BW done, or if you did, post it here and let's see what else is going on. Did you get E2 numbers? Did you get your Thyroid checked? FSH, T3 & T4 Free? Many time hypothyroidism has the same symptoms as low T and you need to have all of this checked before you go on a TRT protocol.

Find a good Endo and get a complete work-up done. If all things are ruled out most Doc's won't put you on a TRT protocol with your numbers. If you are hell bent on getting on it an anti aging clinic (online) would probably put you on one.

Just remember, when you start it's for life!
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 03-01-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Thread Information