Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member

HRT - HCG Breaks?

I've been searching around trying to find some more specifics over the past couple of years, but haven't really come across any firm opinions or data other than some 'recommendations.'

I was reading the latest MD and 'The Anabolic Doc' talks about taking some 'trial periods off' from HCG while on HRT each year. He also alluded to maintaining 'normal size' of the balls isn't going to last and that all of the research/testing is around fertility and nothing else. This sparked my interest in my previous searching and still come up mostly empty.

My clinic says its fine to take HCG year round with no breaks, but it seems like to them its more about $ and less about any real data.

Anyone have any good input on the subject?

Thanks!

I don't have any good input on the subject. I guess I'd want to know what kind of benefit do you expect to get by taking trial periods off of hCG ? The Pituitary gland produces LH on an ongoing basis, as needed, in a natural state (not shut down) so why stop hCG for periods is what I am asking I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    I don't have any good input on the subject. I guess I'd want to know what kind of benefit do you expect to get by taking trial periods off of hCG? The Pituitary gland produces LH on an ongoing basis, as needed, in a natural state (not shut down) so why stop hCG for periods is what I am asking I guess...
    I definitely understand how LH works and agree with you. I guess some of the comments/recommendations (some from pretty experienced DR's such as the Anabolic Doc) recommend some off periods and for what I'm guessing is to help stave off some downregulation of the Leydig cells or something like that.

I'm fine staying on HCG all the time, I guess thinking HRT long term I'd like to make sure I don't 'burn out' my Leydig cells or something similar.

The only option might be trying to reach out to some Dr's and e-mail The Anabolic Doc...

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can offer a little bit of personal experience. I started TRT and sure enough the boys shrank big time. No big deal but they got sore from being pinched by the shrinking sac too. After 12 weeks started HCG @ 250 IU 2x/week. After 2 weeks of that the boys were doing great and almost 100%. They were hanging in the sac again and not pinched up.

After those first two weeks I ended up going on vactation for two weeks. HCG does not travel well because it has to be refrigerated, so I just left it at home and skipped it. After 1 week the boys started shrinking again. After 2 weeks the soreness started again. So based on my limited experience not sure how much of a layoff you can do.

If you only use it 250 IU 2x/week you are not supposed to desensatize. The issue is when you use it every day.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    or at extremely high doses

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    I can offer a little bit of personal experience. I started TRT and sure enough the boys shrank big time. No big deal but they got sore from being pinched by the shrinking sac too. After 12 weeks started HCG @ 250 IU 2x/week. After 2 weeks of that the boys were doing great and almost 100%. They were hanging in the sac again and not pinched up.

After those first two weeks I ended up going on vactation for two weeks. HCG does not travel well because it has to be refrigerated, so I just left it at home and skipped it. After 1 week the boys started shrinking again. After 2 weeks the soreness started again. So based on my limited experience not sure how much of a layoff you can do.

If you only use it 250 IU 2x/week you are not supposed to desensatize. The issue is when you use it every day.
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    or at extremely high doses
    Yes, I've definitely seen some data on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post

Personal experiences are the best bench marks sometimes.

Thanks for sharing man.

G

Thread Information