euphoric is offline New Member

My test levels, questions

Curious what you guys think/how you feel about this.

I'm 25/male. Anything else you guys need to know about these please don't hesitate to ask.

Free test 12.6 on expected of 9-30
    Total test 381 on expected of 240-950

Should I ask for any other testing for a better view of my overall levels? I have my opinion about my numbers but first I am obviously biased, I don't have much experience in this area or knowledge about "normal" numbers, I have no medical experience or training in this area.

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Well.....they look low. But more importantly, how do you feel?

If you feel fine I would hold off (TRT is for life), if you are having a lot of symptoms or a couple really annoying ones......go for it.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your #'s are very low for a 25 y/o.

What is LH and estrogen levels?

What is your height, weight, and if known your body fat %?

Any medical history or drugs? Cycle history?

Your top priority should be to figure out why your numbers are low and get them up. TRT should be a last resort. If you go the TRT route before exploring everything else you may miss an important health condition that you never discovered.

I have been struggling with a lot which is why I asked my primary to run it. Energy levels are always down, strength, constant fatigue, libido, moods. I just constantly feel lack of energy and run down. the nights I get good sleep I still struggle with energy/ strength/ any sort of mental focus/clarity. He asked me about depression last time I chatted with him. Family history, but no personal issues. overall I am very blessed and happy in life, just wish I could get myself up and going to how I want to feel.

those were the only results on the test. I can request to run LH, and estrogen. What is LH?

Im 6' and 195lbs, BF% roughly 13. I work out 5 days a week. I am physically active and work two jobs and am always trying to do something.

Medical. Ill try to make it short and sweet. I'm on thyroid replacement. I am trying to figure out if this is causing low T, or vice versa, or if they are just coincidentally both off right now. I have not run a self prescribed cycle. Ironically enough this same Dr prescribed me androgel a few years back when I was having low T and all the same problems. It was a real low dose and to be honest I don't remember much in terms of dosage or lab results after.

Sorry for the novel. anything else that would be useful just let me know.

Your thyroid can be causing your hormonal imbalance! What was your diagnosis and what are you taking?

Here's a list of assays you need when you get your blood work-up:

• Total Testosterone
    • Bioavailable Testosterone (You can see this as “Free T and/or Loosely Bound”)
    • Free Testosterone (if Bioavailable T is unavailable)
    • SHBG
    • DHT
    • Estradiol (or E2 and make sure to ask for the “sensitive” assay for males)
    • LH
    • FSH
    • Prolactin
    • Cortisol
    • Thyroid Panel
    • CBC
    • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
    • Lipid Profile
    • IGF-1, IGFBP-3

More importantly, you need a Physician who can read all of these and understand what they mean in context to hormonal balance and optimization. Don't assume your Doc because he has a medical degree will have the knowledge...most don't.

If you don't know what all these assays mean do some research and learn (meaning study). Google is your friend

Actually I apologize for not being clear. I have no thyroid so my supplementation is actually replacement and something I of course have to take (well assuming I want to stay above ground ) I am currently on 200mcg of synthroid daily. I want to get switched over to a replacement that is optimal and not simply an man made dose of T4 which I cant believe would be the best option for someone. I was reading up on natural replacements like westhroid and naturethroid IIRC on the names.

Wow thats quite the assortment and I have never had such an wide range of tests done. Ill definitely have to start researching more because to be honest I havent heard of a quarter of those if not more.

Thread Information