Titleesq is offline Junior Member

Dr. Crisler Quote......

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to a nice extended weekend. I have read Dr. Crisler's paper on TRT numerous times, and I always find myself rereading and analyzing the below comments. It seems to me that most on this board go the injectable route, as do I. I have two young daughters and would NEVER even consider going with a gel because any risk at all no matter how slight of the possibility of transference completely kills that. I would rather feel like shit for the rest of my life then take that chance. What is everyone's thoughts on these comments, especially this one:

The constant variability of serum androgens provided by T gels mimic the hormones of a young man; the stable daily level provided by T injections mimic the hormones of an old man;

TESTOSTERONE GELS AND CREAMS

The only way to go, in my professional opinion, if physician and patient agree on a transdermal (TD) delivery system. Or TRT at all. As I have gained knowledge and experience, my position is now that TD’s are vastly superior to other modalities in TRT medicine. They are easy to apply, usually well absorbed, and rapidly establish stable serum androgen levels (by the end of the third day). I recommend all practitioners first try a testosterone gel for their TRT patients. Gels are better than creams, as I want the rapid T uptake into the dermal layer, which serves as reservoir for distribution throughout the day. Men do better on lower serum T levels on TD’s than IM.

The constant variability of serum androgens provided by T gels mimic the hormones of a young man; the stable daily level provided by T injections mimic the hormones of an old man;

I'm real curious to hear what you guys think.

THANKS!!!

sirupate is offline Member
    Interesting for sure. Guys here have commented continuously about the variability of delivery of the gels/creams....but in a negative light. I'd sure like to have the hormones of a young man again, but I'm not sure if he is saying that gels provide that or not. I'd be one of his patients in a heartbeat if he was 4 hours away or less. I think he is about 7 hours from me. Am considering a long weekend to visit him this fall. Could do it up with an overnight and nice dinner with my wife.

That's an old (admittedly) paper; his position has changed. He almost always prescribes injections.

Titleesq is offline Junior Member
    Thanks G, that's good to know.

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdevine View Post
    That's an old (admittedly) paper; his position has changed. He almost always prescribes injections.
    You'd think he would update the paper then. Has he written anywhere about this change in preference?

Go listen to his interviews on Super Human Radio with Carl Lanore. He speaks to it numerous times in discussion. He admits his writings need to be updated but he also admits to being incredibly overwhelmed.

Here's his post regarding his work; he wrote this post in 2007 so you can see how dated some of his writings are:
    "I wrote this paper several years ago, and clearly needs to be updated, as my thinking has evolved much in the meantime. It's still a good starting point, though, so hopefully will be of some use to you".
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 09-02-2011 at 02:25 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    what would have made him say it in the first place

VMAAG is offline Female Member
    Injections are superior with respect to realizing results however there is the risk of Erythrocytosis which is not to be taken lightly. Also if you're using T for anti-aging purposes you will be doing a life-time of injections which can get old. Using T gel/cream long term is much more manageble. As far as transferring to children or other family members...the T only stays on the surface of the skin for about 2 hours at most - if it's a real concern apply it in areas where you would be putting clothes on top of it. Keep in mind women and children also naturally produce T within their own bodies so on the off chance they got a little on their skin once they would be ok - it's repeated exposure that's a problem.

Plz excuse any typos.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by VMAAG View Post
    Injections are superior with respect to realizing results however there is the risk of Erythrocytosis which is not to be taken lightly. Also if you're using T for anti-aging purposes you will be doing a life-time of injections which can get old. Using T gel/cream long term is much more manageble. As far as transferring to children or other family members...the T only stays on the surface of the skin for about 2 hours at most - if it's a real concern apply it in areas where you would be putting clothes on top of it. Keep in mind women and children also naturally produce T within their own bodies so on the off chance they got a little on their skin once they would be ok - it's repeated exposure that's a problem.

Plz excuse any typos.
    all good...welcome to the forum...

most have tried gels and the hassel of everyday application is the biggest downfall but most also reported dropping levels after a brief increase..

this has been posted many many times...

the ONLY new demoninator is this new stronger % gel....i have no interest myself however

Many men don't absorb gels well or absorb at levels that don't have a positive influence on overall Test levels.

Transdermal delivery systems can last for 16 to 18 hours as the dermal layer serves as reservoir for distribution throughout the day; they are formulated that way for steady levels and absorbtion (actually one of the benefits of gels).

One big and nice upside to gels/creams is impact on DHT versus IM. DHT is all things male!

arizona32 is offline Junior Member
    Dr. Crisler likes the gel for stability, but is aware of its weaknesses. For me being in the sun a lot (AZ sun) and having a wife and small kids, gel isn't an option. Besides real men should use the needle. Only pu$$ies prefer gel.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arizona32 View Post
    Dr. Crisler likes the gel for stability, but is aware of its weaknesses. For me being in the sun a lot (AZ sun) and having a wife and small kids, gel isn't an option. Besides real men should use the needle. Only pu$$ies prefer gel.
    Bingo, that's one of the best points. it's not a good idea to have it rubbing off on the wife/girlfriend and kids for obvious reasons.

Thread Information