Indiana J is offline Junior Member

Help me with my GF's bloodwork, please

So my gf went to an anti-aging endo. I've learned a lot here about my levels. Just wondering what you guys and girls see here.
    Here are her test results.
    Free test- <0.2 (0.0-2.2 pg/ml)
    Test serum- 17 (8-48 ng/dl)
    Ferritin serum- 14 (13-150 ng/ml)
    Estradiol- 80,2 pg/ml

Any thoughts?

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Looks good...I guess.
    With the females, itīs important to know when the Blood was drawn in relation to their menstrual cycle.
    Her Estro is only normal according to her cycle which you didnīt post, and her Iron is low, but if this was drawn post bleeding, maybe ok.

No Thyroid panels???

TSH
    FT4
    FT3
    RT3

Very important in women moreso then men actually.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Have her read anything by DR Uzzi Reiss and I will find some other threads for her to read...

Plus agree needing the thyroid results and cortisol if you have that too....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Indiana J is offline Junior Member
    I don't think they tested thyroid. I'll check later tonight. The Dr did mention she wanted to retest t and e2. She thought the t was low. My gf has been impressed w the progress I've made over the last 4 weeks she's looking into age management too :-)

Vettester is offline Banned
    As Flier mentioned, we need to know what menstrual phase she was in (follicular, ovulation, or luteal)? If this was taken during the ovulation phase, then her E2 is on the low side. Also, what's her age and stats? Include DHEA on the list of other labs she NEEDS to look at. Very good chance that this hormone is also on the low side, and it will make a night to day difference with her when it's optimized!

Your gf's testosterone is in the gutter! The total serum is bad enough, but the free test makes it even worse. Seriously, how can a lab range of (0.0-2.2 pg/ml) be acceptable? So they're saying that if she has 0-zero free test that's within range? I would imagine her libido is very low.

Is your gf anemic? Not that she would want it, but she (or anyone here) can have my ferritin ... My level is >1400 if not controlled. I donate blood to control it.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Thread Information