Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Post Finasteride Syndrome

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    iron.triangle is offline Junior Member

Post Finasteride Syndrome

Hey everybody,

I could really use some help here. I was an awesome guy before this drug hit me like a truck. I took propecia for 3-4 weeks back in May 2017. I got hit with sides pretty much immediately and tried playing with the doses/EOD/E3D....... until I decided it wasn't worth it and stopped.

Here I am now, exactly 4 months 4 days off the drug (18 weeks). Things have pretty much stayed the same for me. I suffer from mostly sexual side effects. Low libido, ED, lower ejaculate, less sensitivity, I feel like my testicles are smaller, unhealthy veins forming on my penis. Mentally, I have some minor cognition/concentration/memory problems but this could easily be related to the massive amount of worrying and research I am doing. I just don't feel as mentally sharp and I have a mentally demanding job, but I do have a lot on my plate. The physical sides are that I pretty much can't lose weight as easily or pack on muscle as easily as before. I also just feel weird a lot of the time, hard to describe the feeling, just off. I am also having some varicose veins/unhealthy veins appear on my penis shaft.

The urologist I saw said that he thinks I have low Total Testosterone . It has been hovering / fluctuating around 9.3 - 12.4 nmol/L. I would say the bottom of the reference range is around 10 nmol/L. My FSH is below the ref. range. LH is bottom of the ref. range. My estradiol has gone from 87 pmol/L to 146pmol/L (top of range is 146 pmol/L) and is now hovering around 120 pmol/L.

I got my DHT tested once. It was about 3082 pmol/L (range 860-3406 pmol/L). Cortisol I only got tested once and it was 395 nmol/L (AM: 138-690 nmol/L PM: Approx 1/2 of AM Values) Vitamin D on a one time test was also relatively insufficient, so not deficient but low. My TSH has also been climbing up each test I take and is now around 2.77. I have read that hypogonadism and high estrogen can cause this, and that by treating the hormone problem you can fix or recalibrate the thyroid problem. I am hoping this is true.

I have attached an excel spreadsheet with all my labs organized. Remember that the reference range for total T is wrong according to my urologist. 5.8 is not an accurate bottom of the reference range.

So with all this in mind. I was thinking of trying some treatment. My urologist I think is going to recommend clomid monotherapy. However, I feel that I want to be a bit more aggressive and do the Mike Scally "Power PCT" protocol. I know this isn't quite the same as having secondary hypogonadism from anabolic steroids , but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable guys out there and I am looking for advice.

The "power pct" is this.

Day 1-20 : 2000iu HCG every other day.
    Day 1-30 : Nolva 40mg/day (20mg was taken twice per day) ; Clomid 100mg/day (50mg was taken twice per day)
    Day 31-45 : Nolva 40mg/day (20mg was taken twice per day)

Days 1-45: Low dose Aromasin (exomestane) 12.5 mg EOD ( I believe)

It seems a lot of guys don't take the Aromasin however I don't understand how once you stop drugs things will keep running with so much Estrogen. Since Estrogen is so suppressive of the HPTA wouldn't it just cause everything to go back low again. I don't know.

I need to fix this problem guys. It is destroying my life. Feel like crap. Still fighting hard but really need to try and do something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information