Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member

Number of carbs to take in after the shot?

I was reading an article and it stated that generally, the average person should consume about 10g of cars per IU within 10-15 after thier shot. So when I start off with a dose of 2 IU PWO dose that means I only need to have a carb drink with 20g of carbs, and lets say someone was running 20IUs PWO that would mean that they need 200g of carbs. So if I need to take 20g of carbs (dextrose) PWO should I be mixing the dex, gluta, crea into water? B/c if I mix into fruit juice of gatorade I would be comsuming an unnessary amout of carbs correct??

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    First of all, the longest you should wait to consume the carbs is 5 minutes after the shot. And yes, since you want your carb intake to be precise, stay away from juices and other drinks that will add to the carb total. I mix (after 10IU) 100 grams dex, 10g creatine, and 10g glutamine-all in the same drink and consume it 5 minutes after the shot.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hi testsubject.

Yes that is correct, 20g of carbs with 2IU is fine, so the general guideline that you heard about is spot on. However, people do play around with their carb intake and take less than 10g for every 1IU, but I would not recomend this to a beginner. So if you are a beginner which I am assuming you are, stick with the 10g p/1IU rule. Once you are more experinced with Insulin you may experiment how far you can push your limits. But even if you do that, be carefull.

When you take all your PWO nutrition, mixing the creatine, glutamine and dextrose in water is the way to go. Don't mix with any other carb drink as you may be consuming excess carbs (like you said) which may be stored as fat. Consume all that immidietly post injection followed by a protein shake that consists of 75g of protein isolate 15 minutes later.

Hope that helped, and good luck.

-Gear

Good, thanks guys.

Ok now, when your comsuming your first whole meal after the shot is there a set amout of carbs you need to take in, or does each person need to play around with it and just take enough in to not go into hypo??

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    PWO: 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 15 minutes later 75g protein
    PPWO (1.25hrs later): 40 - 50g carbs, 50g protein
    PPPWO (2.00hrs later): 40g carbs 40g protein
    By the time you have your next meal, Insulin will no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Above refers for Sub-Q. If you were to take Insulin IM, Insulin would just about be getting out of your system a little before your PPPWO meal, so your PPPWO meal could be anything as by then Insulin should no longer be active. I like to play the game safe so regardless if I am shooting Sub-Q or IM, I always avoid fats for PWO, PPWO and PPPWO meals.

Keep some glucose tabs on you incase of emergency.

Hope that helped.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    PWO: 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, 15 minutes later 75g protein
    PPWO (1.25hrs later): 40 - 50g carbs, 50g protein
    PPPWO (2.00hrs later): 40g carbs 40g protein
    By the time you have your next meal, Insulin will no longer be active therefore you may eat as you usually do.

Above refers for Sub-Q. If you were to take Insulin IM, Insulin would just about be getting out of your system a little before your PPPWO meal, so your PPPWO meal could be anything as by then Insulin should no longer be active. I like to play the game safe so regardless if I am shooting Sub-Q or IM, I always avoid fats for PWO, PPWO and PPPWO meals.

Keep some glucose tabs on you incase of emergency.

Hope that helped.

-Gear
    Perfect, thanks bro.

Thread Information