Buy Steroids



Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Incline angle

  1. #1
    dooie's Avatar
    dooie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Syd, Aust
    Posts
    1,414

    Incline angle

    What angle do you use for incline bench press??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Incline angle-image-3232083926.jpg  

  2. #2
    Turkish Juicer's Avatar
    Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    2,984
    I currently adjust the bench at 55 degree angle for incline bench press exercise.

    I have gone as high as 70 degree angle to overcome the issue my upper-pec development (low muscle insertion points in upper-pecs).

    The higher you go, the more of a shoulder workout this exercise becomes; however, the benefits are also inarguable. It does fill the upper-chest. Using a lighter weight and increasing rep range gave me the benefit over risk at 70 degree angle.

  3. #3
    dooie's Avatar
    dooie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Syd, Aust
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer
    I currently adjust the bench at 55 degree angle for incline bench press exercise.

    I have gone as high as 70 degree angle to overcome the issue my upper-pec development (low muscle insertion points in upper-pecs).

    The higher you go, the more of a shoulder workout this exercise becomes; however, the benefits are also inarguable. It does fill the upper-chest. Using a lighter weight and increasing rep range gave me the benefit over risk at 70 degree angle.
    Wow 55 TJ! And here I am thinking 45 was pushing it! Im going to try a steeper angle!

  4. #4
    drose979's Avatar
    drose979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    178
    Why is it my incline rm is approaching my flat rm? Flat is 2 rm at 275 and incline is 2 rm at 245. I've had major shoulder problems to the degree that I couldn't lift right arm above my head without dislocation. I've came a long way in shoulder strength but I just feel like my flat should be greater.

  5. #5
    JAB1's Avatar
    JAB1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    708
    I have been putting bench on # 2 so maybe 30 degrees?? Not to steep but been doing dumbells and upper chest development and strength have improved quite a bit

  6. #6
    dooie's Avatar
    dooie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Syd, Aust
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by drose979
    Why is it my incline rm is approaching my flat rm? Flat is 2 rm at 275 and incline is 2 rm at 245. I've had major shoulder problems to the degree that I couldn't lift right arm above my head without dislocation. I've came a long way in shoulder strength but I just feel like my flat should be greater.
    For me, flat bench hurts my shoulders, if ur shoulders are week, this may explain why incline is catching up! I'm stronger on incline, only because of muscle memory though!

    Ps don't worry about RMs just keeprep ranges from 8-12 and u won't hurt your shoulder

  7. #7
    drose979's Avatar
    drose979 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by dooie

    For me, flat bench hurts my shoulders, if ur shoulders are week, this may explain why incline is catching up! I'm stronger on incline, only because of muscle memory though!

    Ps don't worry about RMs just keeprep ranges from 8-12 and u won't hurt your shoulder
    So doin 6 reps isn't as good as dropping weight and doing 8? Should I start at 8 and work my way up to doing 12 at that weight before I increase weight?

  8. #8
    dooie's Avatar
    dooie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Syd, Aust
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by drose979

    So doin 6 reps isn't as good as dropping weight and doing 8? Should I start at 8 and work my way up to doing 12 at that weight before I increase weight?
    How old are you??
    I aim for 8-10 every set! If I can do 12+ I'll up the weight! Just watch how many sets you've done,
    Ps if I have a spotter I'll go a little heavier and get at least 5-6 by myself and get a spotter to help with the next few reps!

    8-12 reps is the range for hypertrophy, I'm guessing that's what your going for??

  9. #9
    DanB is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    post proelia praemia
    Posts
    9,856
    I go 30degree, mabey 45degree for flys but even then they ysyally at 30degree, I always use dumbells for incline too, cant feel shit with a barbell, and hammer incline is a fav of mine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •