Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate

Exclamation SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle

OK, so here it is.... This cycle and diet is purely for one thing and one thing only...to put on as much mass as possible and still be able to breathe.

MY STATS:

Height: 5'11" on a good day
    Weight at start :230-235 LBS
    Bodyfat: 15-18%

4-5 previous cycles. Including most of the basics, Test E, Sust, Primo, Deca , winny, HGH
    Considering cruising HRT due to age

THE CYCLE:

Weeks 1- Frontload Test E @ 1400mgs in two shots
    Weeks 1-2 Dbol @ 40mgs/ED (First time with Dbol, just to test it so only two weeks)
    Weeks 2-14 Test E @ 700mgs/week
    Weeks 1-8 Tren A @ 110mgs/ED
    Weeks 8-14 Masteron @ 75mgs/ED
    Weeks 15-? pyrimid cruise dose of Test E to HRT dose

Ancillaries: B6, ***** 3's, Arimidex

THE DIET:

After consulting with MARCUS and reading his thread, "Extreme eating/off season"

*edited*

I decided to go balls out and eat like a beast every 2 hours i am awake.
    Nothing is off limits, but nothing outrageous like gallons of ice cream either.

Mostly Egg whites, lean steak, potatoes , rice, peanut butter, chicken breast, the occasional double burger, pasta, tuna, fish, ......just about anything to keep the calories flowing!!!
    Over a gallon of water a day, with only two meal shakes at most.

THE PROGRESS:

This cycle started on February 4, 2007 with a morning weight of about 230-235 ( I didn't mark that one down that day)

By the begining of the second week my weight was 243 lbs. which I attest to the dbol, which is the reason I stopped it after two weeks as I didn't like the bloated look I was getting but the strength surge was nice to start the cycle with.
    By Feb. 14 I was up to 245 , the next day was 248
    By the start of week 3 on Feb 18th, I was back down to 245 then back up to 248 two days later
    Finally hit the 250 mark on the 22nd and by the next day( Today the 23rd of Feb) I was at 253

I will post pics as soon as I can....INCLUDING LEGS !!

Here is a recap of this weeks training just to give an idea of exercises and weights:

Monday: LEGS

Incline Leg press:

90 X 10
    180 X 10
    270 X 10
    360 X 10
    450 X 10
    540 X 10
    630 X 10

Nautilus Seated leg press ONE LEG at a time
    100 X10
    160 X 10
    220 X10
    300 X 10

More leg presses done due to not being able to Squat from back injury

Nautilus Seated Leg Extension ONE LEG at a time
    80 x 10
    110 X 10
    125 X 10

Calf press on Nautilus seated leg press machine
    400 X 20
    440 X 20
    480 X 20
    495 X 15

Tuesday: CHEST

Smith Machine Flat bench press:

90 X12 warm up
    140 X 10
    180 X 8
    230 X 8
    250 X 5
    270 X 2

Flat bench Dumbell Flys

60 X10
    70 X 8
    80 X 6

Cable Standing Flys
    80 X 10
    100 X 8
    110 X 5

Smith Incline press (slight incline)
    90 X10
    140 X 8
    180 X 3

Dips

Body weight X 10 Twice

Wednesday: SHOULDERS

Seated Smith Machine Shoulder Press

90 X 10
    110 X 8
    140 X 6
    160 X 3

Standing Cable side lateral raise (one arm at a time)

70 X 10
    90 X 8
    100 X 8

Standing Dumbell Front Raise

45 X 10
    50 X 8
    55 X 66

Nautilus Rear Delt (seated)

110 X 12
    140 X 10
    155 X 10

Nautilus seated One Arm shoulder press

65 X 10
    80 X 8
    95 X 6

Thursday: BACK

Due to lower back injury I am limited on certain movements here

Olympic bar Deadlifts

135 X 12
    225 X 10
    315 X 6 ( not my best lifts here, but back was sore)

Wide grip pulldown to FRONT
    170 X 10
    200 X 10
    230 X 8
    250 X 4

Dumbell pullovers ( with shoulders laying across a flat bench for lats)
    80 X 10
    90 X 8
    100 X 6

One arm Cable incline row. ( leaning on incline bench in front of cable)
    110 X 10
    125 X 8
    140 X 6

Plate loaded Shrug equipment
    360 X 15
    450 X 15
    540 X 10
    630 X 10

Standing Dumbell shrugs
    100 X 10
    110 X 10

Skipped today at the gym for arms due to personal reasons. Will do arms tomorrow

Progress pics to follow

malidfa is offline Member
    your gonna be a frigging beast

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Great work so far Sman.. keep us posted.. I start a very similar approach in a few weeks.

Here are a few current pics...feeling bloated just after eating.....becoming a beast isn't pretty....lolol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle-cimg0325.jpg   SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle-cimg0314.jpg   SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle-cimg0317.jpg   SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle-cimg0318.jpg   SMAN's -Becoming a Beast Bulking Cycle-cimg0326.jpg  

Saturday : ARMS

TRICEPS:
    Standing Cable Triceps Extension
    170 X 10
    185 X10
    200 X 10

Seated Behind Head DB Extensions
    50 X 10
    65 X 10
    80 X 8

Standing Cable lunge extensions (cable behind head in lunge postition)
    100 X10
    120 X 10
    130 X 8

BICEPS:

Standing EZ Bar curls against a wall
    55 X 12
    85 X 10
    105 X 8

Seated DB curls, alternating arms
    30 X 10
    40 X 8
    50 X 5
    60 X 1

Nautilus Seated Preacher Curls- 1 arm at a time
    35 X 10
    50 X 10
    65 X 8
    75 X 6

Standing Cable Cross, Hammer Curls
    50 X 10
    65 X 8
    80 X 6

Finish with one Drop set of Standing cable curls
    From 80 down to 40 non stop
    80 X 10
    70 X 10
    60 X 10
    50 X 10
    40 X 10

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    Keep up the good work bro. Just a few questions, How are you feeling overall? When I eat like that I tend to feel too shitty. Have you put a stop date on the cycle? Last question, what are your impressions on the masteron and Tren A? Keep Beasting up cuz.

STYLE74 is offline Got Style?
    Looking good Sman keep up the good work. Do you break out at all from test bro, your back looks super clean, not 1 zit. That's great, I break out on my back when i'm on test.

Quote Originally Posted by bazerk
    Keep up the good work bro. Just a few questions, How are you feeling overall? When I eat like that I tend to feel too shitty. Have you put a stop date on the cycle? Last question, what are your impressions on the masteron and Tren A? Keep Beasting up cuz.

Over all, I feel ....well just OK... The tren A is causing some insomnia but I am dealing with that. Eating every two makes you feel bloated all the time, but Marcus suggested getting some digestive enzymes which seem to help with that.
    The Masteron doesn't get introduced until week 8. The cycle will run 14 weeks but the eating needs to stay the same through PCT or HRT, have not decided which yet.

Impressions so far is that I am loving TREN !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE74
    Looking good Sman keep up the good work. Do you break out at all from test bro, your back looks super clean, not 1 zit. That's great, I break out on my back when i'm on test.
    My last cycle of Test E, I started breaking out about mid way through. so about week 6. this is just end of week 3 and so far as you see, I am still clear. Last time my back and face broke out much more than I cared for

Thanks for the support guys!!

Saturday Morning. February 24th -- woke up at 252 lbs.

I thought this was a short cycle? You mentioned starting Masteron on week 8.
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I thought this was a short cycle? You mentioned starting Masteron on week 8.
    Nope, its a full blown cycle. about 14 weeks then back to cruising HRT I think. The cycle is laid out in the very first post.

Marcus helped me put it together

Quote Originally Posted by SMAN12B
    The cycle is laid out in the very first post.
    opps

Goodluck, look forward to the rest of the log.
    I take it you're gonna cut your calories a bit coming into the end of the cycle.. Looks like you're pushing 20%

opps

Goodluck, look forward to the rest of the log.
    I take it you're gonna cut your calories a bit coming into the end of the cycle.. Looks like you're pushing 20%

Actually, NO, Marcus said I should continue to eat this way all the way through PCT. He said not to worry about the added fat at this point as it will fall off later and I should make huge gains this way, so its worth a try even though I am a fatty right now....lolol

Goodluck with it let me know.. Marcus deff knows his stuff so I would continue to follow his advice, I just have mixed opinions on eating super high calories for a prolonged period of time. When the muscle/fat ratio continues to go in favor towards the fat over a longer period of time it just doesn't seem worth it, when you begin to diet off the fat you will inevitably lose a bit of muscle with it.
    Then again like I said, if anyone knows what it takes to get HUGE, it's Marcus so it's hard to argue

Great gains so far though, curious to see how it turns out.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I will try to follow this. Good gains so far...you gonna cut after this?

Yes, I will do a small cut diet after this, but nothing too drastic. At my age, I don't need to get down to 5% bodyfat anymore....I still look good at 10-12 %

Week 4 Day 1:

Ok , so I weigh myself every morning around the same time just to be accurate. I also check the weight throughout the day cause its amazing how the body holds and releases the weight throughout the night.

Yesterday was my cheat day.(just like everyday is on this diet...lol) I ate like crazy, had a full rack of ribs and even finished the night with a big bowl of ice cream!! Plus the usual, new york strip, baked potatoes, chicken breast ect...steak and eggs for breakfast

Went to bed and the scale said "258" woke up this morning 8 hours later, and I am acutally DOWN one pound from yesterdays weight.

So I am 251 as of this morning. So somehow (sweating) i lost 7 pounds overnight.

I did workout yesterday, but just Arms. I would have thought that I would have gained at least one or two after all I ate, but If the body doesn't need it, it gets rid of it.

Today Sunday, February 25th, 2007- I am off today and will just rest and eat all day long !!!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Looks real good, looks like your legs have alot of potential and good upper body symetry to work with. Im curious to see if a bigger guy like you has no problem dieting so BIG all the way through. I usually have to take a week somewhere in the middle to give the old power cut a break. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGuns101
    Looks real good, looks like your legs have alot of potential and good upper body symetry to work with. Im curious to see if a bigger guy like you has no problem dieting so BIG all the way through. I usually have to take a week somewhere in the middle to give the old power cut a break. Good luck.

It certainly isn't easy. I feel like just as soon as I get done eating, I am getting ready for the next meal to shovel down. Life in two hour shifts......

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    nice thread, ill be following.i cant wait to see how big you get!and im 32 (i know its different than 42)you dont have a hard time cutting? i mean my metabolism changed drasticaly in my late 20's and ive heard it does the same in your latte 30's, so what has your experience been? anyway GL and EAT UP!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Your hams appear to be far behind your quads from the pic provided... but there's no direct ham work listed in your training regime.

Any specific reason?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    IMHO I would keep calories high in PCT if bulk and mass are the goals, far to much muscle is lost in PCT because of calories. If the fat gain is shifting up a gear in PCT introduce more cardio to off-set it. cut up after you have recovered you will hold more muscle that way.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    IMHO I would keep calories high in PCT if bulk and mass are the goals, far to much muscle is lost in PCT because of calories. If the fat gain is shifting up a gear in PCT introduce more cardio to off-set it. cut up after you have recovered you will hold more muscle that way.
    But do you really believe he'll continue to make consistant gains throughout the 14-16wks he is ON? I'd think he'd start to reduce calories and shed some of the "bullshit" off coming into week 8 or 10 and then ramp calories up a bit a couple weeks before PCT. Just bouncing around ideas and getting your take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Your hams appear to be far behind your quads from the pic provided... but there's no direct ham work listed in your training regime.

Any specific reason?

I am limited at my gym. The only ham equipment they have is a seated Nautilus machine which is pin loaded up to 200 and I am already maxed that out. The workouts change weekly. This week I did more leg presses since I can't squat heavy anymore

Tomorrow is Leg day and my gym has a sister gym in the next town I will be going to since they told me they have different leg equipment.

I am somewhat limited due to a lower back surgery. Squating heavy anymore is impossible, BUT I can still deadlift.??????

I think I just can't put a heavy bar across my shoulders anymore.

thanks for the comments though Nark, I was hoping you would take a look at this

But do you really believe he'll continue to make consistant gains throughout the 14-16wks he is ON? I'd think he'd start to reduce calories and shed some of the "bullshit" off coming into week 8 or 10 and then ramp calories up a bit a couple weeks before PCT. Just bouncing around ideas and getting your take on it.

Well, fortunately I have NO specific time frame to get cut and not like I am competing so we can use this as an experiment to see if keeping calories up during PCT will help keep gains.

As I said, being older, I think I can hold a little more body fat and still look good without having to drop to the single digits!

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1
    nice thread, ill be following.i cant wait to see how big you get!and im 32 (i know its different than 42)you dont have a hard time cutting? i mean my metabolism changed drasticaly in my late 20's and ive heard it does the same in your latte 30's, so what has your experience been? anyway GL and EAT UP!

You can spike your metabolism by eating at least 6 meals a day consistently. and just manipulating the calories to either bulk or cut.

I am eating 6-10 meals a day now, and I am on fire!! My body is in a constant state of ignition. Hot flashes all the time, throwing off body heat like a radiator!!!

Well, fortunately I have NO specific time frame to get cut and not like I am competing so we can use this as an experiment to see if keeping calories up during PCT will help keep gains.

As I said, being older, I think I can hold a little more body fat and still look good without having to drop to the single digits!
    Not suggesting you drop calories "during" PCT but rather the 2months before to prevent becoming a fat slob lmao.. If you continue to eat 5K+ calories especially at your age for 4-5months straight you're gonna be in the 25% BF range, that's borderline obese.
    I was suggesting/asking why not take your 8wk run with masteron to shed some unwanted fat (as I can't see you making any significant gains that far into the cycle especially seeing you're dropping your total mg down).
    Either way it should be interesting to see how it goes, but I deff agree with bumping calories up above maintenance during any kind of hormonal fluctuation whether it be PCT or tapering down to HRT dosages until everything is stable again.

Great log and it's cool to see someone trying some new things rather than just following the "normal" protocol..

I am limited at my gym. The only ham equipment they have is a seated Nautilus machine which is pin loaded up to 200 and I am already maxed that out. The workouts change weekly. This week I did more leg presses since I can't squat heavy anymore
    Improvise.

I'd fathom that your gym has a seated leg-extension station... Face the machine with the pad touching the back of your lower legs... and do a standing one-legged hamstring curl.

Also... drop the deadlifts from back day, and add a strict Stiff-leg deadlift to leg day... and a walking lunge.

bam...legs are done.

Good luck.

-Nark

p.s. I'd suggest you prioritise hams. Place 'em first in the workout imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Improvise.

I'd fathom that your gym has a seated leg-extension station... Face the machine with the pad touching the back of your lower legs... and do a standing one-legged hamstring curl.

Also... drop the deadlifts from back day, and add a strict Stiff-leg deadlift to leg day... and a walking lunge.

bam...legs are done.

Good luck.

-Nark

p.s. I'd suggest you prioritise hams. Place 'em first in the workout imo.

I will def, make the hams a priority. adn I can improvise. The stiff leg deads would kill my lower back. as anything with a bent over position causes too much stress to my lower back.

I will def add the walking lunge using dumbells. THanks

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I think everybody will come to a stop somewhere within the cycle, the body just re-adjusts itself and slow everything down, that is why i believe in short cycles.

I really dont think long cycles are good for long term gains, i would rather stop the cycle when gains have slowed down or stopped, honestly i dont think he will gain for 14-16wks but he knows his body and thats what he wanted to go for.

This is why this log is good because we all can see when he slowed down or stops growth and then that will be the time i tell him to consider coming off and recovering.

I am sure he we slow down soon maybe wk 8ish.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    In a long cycle like this, if gains start to slow down lets say in week 10, you could cut the last 4 weeks of the cycle, and then go back to bump calories over maintance when pct starts(or hrt).
    And then maybe you will end the cycle with the same BF you had b/f starting, but with those extra LBM gains you got in the first 10 weeks...
    In longer cycles using 1 part of it for bulking and the other for cutting works fine imho, but if you are so lucky that you gain all thrue those 14 weeks, it would be no point though...

Vitor, that's what I was thinking as well.

Yea I see what you're saying Marcus, that's what I figured you were getting at.

Should be interesting either way, sorry for all the interruptions. Carry-on

Keep it up Sman!

Interruptions are good here. I am willing to share this unorthodox bulking cycle so everyone can learn from it I hope....especially me.......damn..time to eat again.....lolol

So keep the discussion going!

I'm just curious how hard on your body/organs 4-5months of continuously overeating would be at your age considering you "aren't" looking at competing or doing anything of the sort.. Why not take a slower approach, gaining 40lbs in a few month period deff can't be a good thing on the body even if half of it is muscle. Another reason why I feel Marcus does such short bursts to keep less strain on the body overall.
    Also are you planning on having bloodwork done during and after the cycle to see how your body is responding to this kind of plan? These would be good things to see in the log.

Yes I will definetly get some blood work done at the end. an I understand your concern for the strain on the body. So far, the only thing that feels hard is breathing, and that could be due to the tren . I get winded at the slightest thing

^^
    Thursday: BACK

Olympic bar Deadlifts

135 X 12
    225 X 10
    315 X 6 ( not my best lifts here, but back was sore)

^^
    I will def, make the hams a priority. adn I can improvise. The stiff leg deads would kill my lower back. as anything with a bent over position causes too much stress to my lower back.
    But you do deadlifts. How are SLDLs any more stressful?

If by concession they are indeed... then swap 'em for a bent-knee Romanian Deadlift.

I will def add the walking lunge using dumbells. THanks
    Good man.

Good luck.

Narkissos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information