Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 57

Thread: uhmm. yeah.

  1. #1
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165

    uhmm. yeah..(Added some leg pics)

    UPDATE, SOME NEW LEG PICS...SCROLL DOWN
    i was editing my thread 2 add a picture, and managed 2 delete it..(because im a genius.)so anyway, a few ppl have asked me for my routine, so here it is..along with a new pic i found, that shows my size a little better(taken like an hour after a work out)..i know im clothed once again, but ile update this thread in three days after my next upper body work out with better pictures, and a full pump goin...anyway, heres my routine. and a new pic
    Last edited by thetank; 08-10-2004 at 10:00 PM.

  2. #2
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    didnt work..lets see here...strike 2??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uhmm. yeah.-dsc00777.jpg  

  3. #3
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    routine goes as follows

    CHEST

    i just have a regular chest routine even tho i compete. but keep everything low reps and extremely heavy. i have one heavy day a week, and one endurance day a week, 2 do my rep test with 225. both work outs are as follows
    heavy day(Switched 2 dumbells for a bit)
    incline dumbell
    60's x 20
    140's x 10(ide go lower reps but my gym doesnt have heavier dumbells)
    100's x failure

    then heavy incline flys-also a killer shoulder exercise
    80's x failure
    110's x failure
    60's x failure

    then wieghted dips
    bodywieght x 50-60 (235)
    bodwieght + 3 plates (135 lbs) x failure
    back 2 bodywieght x failure

    thats about all i do, endurance day goes as follows
    flat bench
    135 x 10
    225 x failure (PB being 42..i usually get around 40..depends how sore i am from teh previous work out)
    315(negatives)xfailure
    225 for 1 and 1/2's x failure
    135 for 1 and 1/2's x failure

    next i do wieghted pushups
    bodywieght x 100
    wieghted (i usually just get my training partner 2 sit on my back..hes 180 lbs)
    so bodywieght, plus him is about 425 lbs, feels like high 3's, ile do that 2 failure
    then do a drop set with 2 45's on my back
    so ile do set one, have himi take a plate off,
    set 2, with one plate emmediately after
    then set three with nohting...which by then, feels like a bed riddenly obease person is lying on top of me.


    LEGS

    my leg work out goes as follows(just coming off a 4 month lay off on legs)
    start with squats
    135 x 10
    225 x 8
    315 x 4-6
    sometimes 405 for a single, or ile jump right up 2 500
    500 x failure
    then a drop set
    315 x failure
    2 plates off
    225 x failure
    2 plates off
    135 x failure

    then its leg press
    6 plates x 10
    8 plates x 10
    10 plates x failure
    drop set
    8 plates x failure(2 plates off per side every drop)
    6 plates x failure
    4 plates x failure

    then walking lunges
    4 sets, failure on last 2

    then leg extensions
    ile do the stack x failure
    then cut the wieght in 1/2, and do sets of 50 untill im down 2 like 40 lbs and struggling, then I crawl home

    SHOULDER WORK(ile throw this in with arms, legs, back..anything as long as im not 2 sore)
    heavy lateral drop sets is what i start with
    ile start with 60's for 6, then with no rest at all go
    40's 10
    30's failure
    25;s failure
    15's failure
    10's failure
    ile do that twice.

    then go 2 plate holds..i just hold a 45 lb plate in front of me with my arms held straight out..for as long as i possibley can, lookingthrough the whole in the middle.

    44 rep DB shrugs
    40's x 44
    60's x 44
    80's x 44

    BACK---didnt hit back directly for about 4 months..just kinda threw it in with **** as i was working out/living at a buddies and had very limited wieghts. but now that im back in a gym with a set routine. this is it..

    Deadlifts, 5 sets, same wieght and rep scheme as squats, only i rotate going heavy on one for one week, and heavy on the other the next week..

    after deads, then BB rows follow
    135 x 10
    225 x 10
    275-315 x failure
    225 x failure drop set down 2
    135 x failure

    T-bar rows
    2 plates x 10
    3 plates x 10
    4-5 plates x failure
    drop set
    3 plates x failure
    drop set
    2 plates x failure

    cable rows with the rope tricep extension handle
    1/2 stack x 20
    stack x failure


    BICEPS-usually done on my endurance bench day...all my heavy tri work is done with benching, and i just kinda throw bi's in with whatever i feel like, so bicep work out(usually accompanied by endurance chest work out..) goes as follows

    standing alternate curls
    40's x 12
    80's x failure
    60's x failure(negatives)
    40's x failure(negatives)

    then its dumbell preachers
    40's x 12
    60's x failure
    40's x failure
    20's x failure

    then reverse easy bar curls
    115 x failure, for 3 sets

    then i just burn out with whatever i feel like..iether cable curls, or the bicep machine curls...ect.
    Last edited by thetank; 08-08-2004 at 10:59 AM.

  4. #4
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    you are a beast....

  5. #5
    bornbad71's Avatar
    bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    BULLDAWG COUNTRY
    Posts
    2,724
    XXXXXL...........enough said.

  6. #6
    betatest's Avatar
    betatest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    172
    Massive.

  7. #7
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    thanks bro's..oh and i forgot my diet..DISCLAIMER: I dont advocate others eat the way I do, im just posing this because I was asked about it...keep in mind, I train primarily for strength and size..obviously, vanity is not much of a concern.

    meal 1
    4-5 eggs
    4 ounces ham
    2 ounces cheese
    2 pieces of toast
    liter of water
    approx. 8-900 cals, 60 grams protien, 30-40 grams of carbs

    meal 2
    2 chicken breasts (10-14 ounces?)
    instant rice
    stock of brocolli
    liter of water
    approx 800 calories, 70-80 grams of protien 80 grams of carbs

    meal 3
    usually after the gym
    drive through.(yeah, pretty much every day, i bet my cholestoral is great.)
    lets say its a monday
    3 big extra's
    liter of water
    so around 2000 calories, 75grams protien 100 grams of carbs

    meal 4
    a stacked sandwich..like 6 ounces of meat
    side pickle. sliced. lol....
    with a protien shake(if i actaully have any whey..i havent in a while)
    600 cals 30 grams of carbs 50 grams of protien

  8. #8
    956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10,154
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    ..obviously, vanity is not much of a concern.
    Well, understand your strength/size goals, but diet goes hand in hand imo. Being vein isnt the only reason you should implement a better diet and cardio regime. How is your bloodwork?..your cholesterol, blood pressure, etc?

    Keep your hard trainin up, but i would seriously just take some baby steps in order to cut down on the bf%

    best of luck,
    Vette

  9. #9
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    You're a dam monster..OMG!

  10. #10
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Only 4 meals a day?

  11. #11
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Only 4 meals a day?
    Look at the calories lol

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614
    GooD LorD BRO, LOL. Spitting image of me you look sick.

  13. #13
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    MASS MONSTER ! you look good bro.

  14. #14
    Da Bull's Avatar
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    X
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by iNvid
    Look at the calories lol
    I saw the cals....was more curious as to why 4 meals,as opposed to 6 smaller ones.

  15. #15
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Well, understand your strength/size goals, but diet goes hand in hand imo. Being vein isnt the only reason you should implement a better diet and cardio regime. How is your bloodwork?..your cholesterol, blood pressure, etc?

    Keep your hard trainin up, but i would seriously just take some baby steps in order to cut down on the bf%

    best of luck,
    Vette
    im "healthy as a horse" quote unquote my family physician
    its not that i like crave fast food and hamburgers, its not a matter of will power, its a matter of necessity. i mean i wouldnt say im overwieght, or at a bf level that would be considered unhealthy...i eat alot, because training the way i do without any supplemental aid (juice or over the counter) i need that many calories not only too gain wieght, but also to have enough energy day in day out training 5 days a week..my wieght class is 242, and im like 235..so ive actually got another 7 lbs to go in order to be at the top of the pack. If i wanted a 6 pack ide be chokin down brown rice and chicken breasts untill the mere sight of them made me cringe, and doing cardio every morning first thing..but thats not where my priorities lye...know what im sayin? Im not suggesting vanity is the correlating incentive for those who desire, or work thier ass of too maintain a lean physique, im just saying, its not a priority of mine right now.
    thanks,
    tank

  16. #16
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I saw the cals....was more curious as to why 4 meals,as opposed to 6 smaller ones.
    basically, because i dont like doing dishes..lol..
    i just try and eat when my family does, and its just less of a pain in the ass..my post work out meal is the only one i have like macro nutrient requirements for..thats when the bulk of my daily cals/protien/carbs come from because my body can process them much more efficiently..any other time of day, i jsut eat when im hungry, and whatevers available..the diet i posted, is just pretty much a typical day. sometimes ile eat more meals, sometimes ile eat less.
    anyway, thanks for the props bro's.
    tank

  17. #17
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Looking more massive everytime i see you bro...
    I'm a size freak so i could care less what your
    BF% is at, you look like a beast... Impressive...

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614
    I just always thought you have to eat clean to gain muscle and not get a pot belly. so what is with the pro\fat pro\carb thing i have been reading in the diet forum? is it just for mainly bodybuilders who dont want the "pot belly"? (and when i say that i dont mean it, im just saying "not a six pack") Tell me if my question is hard to understand cause it might be

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    706
    That's impressive. Far more impressive then tiny ripped bodies IMO. It takes a lot of hard training to gain that kind of mass. Hard and heavy and lots of food. Sounds familar to me also.

    You look great and amplify the saying " if you have to have your shirt off to tell that you workout,then you need to eat" Great job!

  20. #20
    yooo's Avatar
    yooo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    430
    guy, you are LARGE... nice work keep it up...

  21. #21
    slizzut's Avatar
    slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,881
    Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    guy, you are LARGE... nice work keep it up...

    so funny to see somene else besides me say guy

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    \
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    routine goes as follows

    CHEST
    incline dumbell
    60's x 20
    140's x 10(ide go lower reps but my gym doesnt have heavier dumbells)
    .

    since you can't go heavier, instead of doing straight reps on that heavy set with 140's, for each rep do a half rep, back down, followed by a full rep. just remember to say to yourself "half, then full" so you don't get mixed up. i guarantee your number of reps will go down. doing these half, then full reps also really puts emphasis on the negative part of the movement, which will force the muscle into even more growth.

    you can try this with any exercise.

    it's something i learned from my trainer, steve michalik. most of you should know him.

    good luck

  23. #23
    DEVLDOG's Avatar
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of brotherly love
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    im "healthy as a horse" quote unquote my family physician
    its not that i like crave fast food and hamburgers, its not a matter of will power, its a matter of necessity. i mean i wouldnt say im overwieght, or at a bf level that would be considered unhealthy...i eat alot, because training the way i do without any supplemental aid (juice or over the counter) i need that many calories not only too gain wieght, but also to have enough energy day in day out training 5 days a week..my wieght class is 242, and im like 235..so ive actually got another 7 lbs to go in order to be at the top of the pack. If i wanted a 6 pack ide be chokin down brown rice and chicken breasts untill the mere sight of them made me cringe, and doing cardio every morning first thing..but thats not where my priorities lye...know what im sayin? Im not suggesting vanity is the correlating incentive for those who desire, or work thier ass of too maintain a lean physique, im just saying, its not a priority of mine right now.
    thanks,
    tank
    looking good bro....but c'mon...do you really exspect us to believe you are natural...its ok if you dont want to admit to it but dont go the other way and deny it bro...that sh!t isnt natural

  24. #24
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    I believe tank if he says so... I have one good friend that is actually
    bigger then tank (No offense tank) lol and has never done steroids ...
    He considers them cheating and hates the fact that so many bros use them...
    He stands 5'8" between 260-270lbs at roughly 16-18%BF and benches
    525lb, deadlifts mid 600lb and squats about the same with 19" plus guns
    and a 56" chest and like i said i know he's telling me the truth cus I've
    known the dude for years...

    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    looking good bro....but c'mon...do you really exspect us to believe you are natural...its ok if you dont want to admit to it but dont go the other way and deny it bro...that sh!t isnt natural

  25. #25
    yooo's Avatar
    yooo is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    so funny to see somene else besides me say guy

    Its a boston thing, i live and lift right in the middle of the city!

  26. #26
    slizzut's Avatar
    slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,881
    Quote Originally Posted by yooo
    Its a boston thing, i live and lift right in the middle of the city!

    hell yeah

  27. #27
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by buff87
    Looking more massive everytime i see you bro...
    I'm a size freak so i could care less what your
    BF% is at, you look like a beast... Impressive...
    hey thanks bro i appreciate it...likewise(just looked at your most recent pics, sick back man)

  28. #28
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    I just always thought you have to eat clean to gain muscle and not get a pot belly. so what is with the pro\fat pro\carb thing i have been reading in the diet forum? is it just for mainly bodybuilders who dont want the "pot belly"? (and when i say that i dont mean it, im just saying "not a six pack") Tell me if my question is hard to understand cause it might be
    hah im actually not sure exactly what your asking..but from what i gathered, if i wanted to gain pure mass with as little bodyfat as possible, i would cut down on the fast food a bit..but its not a concern...all im worried about is my strength right now..as long as im getting stretch marks in the right places, im satisfiedwith my growth. i know ive put on some fat in bulking, but not enough 2 make me consider my bulk excessive..nationals are oct 16th, so im gonna try and put on as much wiehgt as i can..my goal is 2 get up 2 250 afterwards..so after teh competition ile probably clean up my diet abit for the remainder of hte bulk, but right now, its all about the calories, from whatever source available.
    thanks
    tank

  29. #29
    Z-Ro's Avatar
    Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,139
    your fricking T-H-I-C-K dam bro, keep going you'll be a monster

  30. #30
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by anteriordeltoid
    since you can't go heavier, instead of doing straight reps on that heavy set with 140's, for each rep do a half rep, back down, followed by a full rep. just remember to say to yourself "half, then full" so you don't get mixed up. i guarantee your number of reps will go down. doing these half, then full reps also really puts emphasis on the negative part of the movement, which will force the muscle into even more growth.

    you can try this with any exercise.

    it's something i learned from my trainer, steve michalik. most of you should know him.

    good luck
    hey thanks bro, good advice..I do 1 and 1/2's for alot of things(thier actually already in my routine..on my endurance chest day, and i think squats as well) i do those for pretty much every body part...Ive tried it with dumbells, and usually do them on my burn out sets, but with the 140's it puts alot of strain on my rotators so I dont do them..(altho im getting them for 10+ reps, thier still heavy as hell)..when im smokin them for a few more reps ile probably incorperate them tho.
    thanks
    tank

  31. #31
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG
    looking good bro....but c'mon...do you really exspect us to believe you are natural...its ok if you dont want to admit to it but dont go the other way and deny it bro...that sh!t isnt natural
    ive been training like off and on for 3 years..im sure i could put on another solid 20-30 solid lbs naturally. in a couple months im looking 2 be at 250...like buff87 said..theres definately natural guys that are bigger than me. i went 2 a seminar last year hosted by a canadian champion natural bodybuilder, and he was a ****ing ANNNNIMAL.
    but all i can give you is my word, which obviously isint worth much over the internet, but for whatever it is worth, im telling you ive never touched anything. no juice, no prohormones... i havent used a supplement at all this year..in the past the only supplements ive consistantly used are whey, creatine, and a multivitamin. Im sure some longtime members would back me up on that...ive been here, updating my progress steadily with pictures for like 2 years. If it comes down to it, when i make my record official, and a hair follicle test, ile post scan and post the results.
    anyway thanks for the compliment brotha.
    peace
    tank

  32. #32
    Latimus's Avatar
    Latimus is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    1,283
    you look awesome bro

  33. #33
    DEVLDOG's Avatar
    DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    city of brotherly love
    Posts
    2,976
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    ive been training like off and on for 3 years..im sure i could put on another solid 20-30 solid lbs naturally. in a couple months im looking 2 be at 250...like buff87 said..theres definately natural guys that are bigger than me. i went 2 a seminar last year hosted by a canadian champion natural bodybuilder, and he was a ****ing ANNNNIMAL.
    but all i can give you is my word, which obviously isint worth much over the internet, but for whatever it is worth, im telling you ive never touched anything. no juice, no prohormones... i havent used a supplement at all this year..in the past the only supplements ive consistantly used are whey, creatine, and a multivitamin. Im sure some longtime members would back me up on that...ive been here, updating my progress steadily with pictures for like 2 years. If it comes down to it, when i make my record official, and a hair follicle test, ile post scan and post the results.
    anyway thanks for the compliment brotha.
    peace
    tank
    ALRIGHT,if you say so my man...goodluck at the Nationals,cant wait to see you ripped up...keep doing wehatever it is your doing,it is definately working for you

  34. #34
    Diesel's Avatar
    Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Mental Institution
    Posts
    2,293
    I like the shirt...

    Looking thick bro.

    D

  35. #35
    FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    under some plywood sheets
    Posts
    2,260
    thick as always, simply awesome. good luck for the record

  36. #36
    500BenchClub is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    26

    Tank

    Hey tank, looking thick. Nice workout...I have a question though, what days do you do what for your routine? Like what day do you do your second bench day? How do you set that up?

    Peace

  37. #37
    SaTyR's Avatar
    SaTyR is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    620
    Hey tank.

    question : Do you have any -without a tshirt - pictures ?

    tnx bro

  38. #38
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    me rockin 5 plates..best ive faired with this is in the 8-10 rep range 4 weeks back working legs my strength is skyrocketing tho.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uhmm. yeah.-squats500.jpg  
    Last edited by thetank; 08-10-2004 at 09:00 PM.

  39. #39
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    left leg...
    ive worked legs 2-3 months out of the last 10..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uhmm. yeah.-leg.jpg  

  40. #40
    thetank's Avatar
    thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    im natty.no source cheks
    Posts
    2,165
    this ones more at rest..
    the first 4 month lay off was from a bad knee on knee collison with one of my buddies. my right quad is perminantly shaped different from that injury its wierd..its as if part of my outer head seperated, and then latched onto my inner head. sounds ****ed, but see for yourself...anyway im not 2 concerned. doesnst effect my strength at all
    jsut realized i can add multiple attachments..so heres some calves in there as well. i guess these are a genetic gift because ive worked calves like three times in my life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uhmm. yeah.-legs.jpg   uhmm. yeah.-calves.jpg  
    Last edited by thetank; 08-10-2004 at 08:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •