Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's no wonder you're struggling bro.

Your diet is horrid. There it is, my brutal honesty! Later, if you take heed, that honestly can help you out greatly.

I'd get over to the diet forum and let the guys/gals help you out. Check the diet sticky posts, as they are there for a general guide. Adopting those principles is a HUGE step up from what you have above. You've a plethora of errors that I can see leading to your issues. Touching on a few ---) pwo offerings are null/void of useful nutrition, you've bread everywhere, bars, protein only w/no other macros, etc.........Your diet is lacking FAT.......hence one reason you can't let any STORED fat go, and you burn much of your "protein only" meals for fuel, thus cutting short the aminos you need to build and see that new lean muscle mass. I know you used to be fat, and that seems to have you shying away from ingesting dietary fat. That only serves to compound your problem. I'm amazed we didn't discover this before somewhere in all of your posts, physique changes, etc.

On another note, totally forget about gear right now. Get your dieting solidified naturally, then throw the "turbo" chargers in the mix. Turbo does no good w/out an engine that is already hummin' along nicely.

~SC~

BiggerBri2002 is offline Senior Member
    Swole,

Just wrote you a PM....help me if you can

Odin is offline Member
    Hey a little extra fat going into the cycle might help him in some ways too. It will stablize his back during back workouts and leg workouts. When on a person's lifts go up more than their body can handle sometimes and if he starts the cycle leaner and you know weaker"fat lose muschle loss" He might have some lagging secondary muscles when preforming heavy compoud lifts while on. I would add 20 pounds of muscle then think of leaning out. Your leg's look like a strong point keep the fat and build your legs up and your back muscles cause when you loose your fat your back will need to be that much stonger than it is now to stablize the free weights.

You know what...I am officially finished....for every one person that tells me to bulk another tells me to lean out.

I think I just need to do what I want to do and see what happens. I lost 100lbs on my own without a trainer or anyone else, so I know I can figure this out. If not, I can alway go back to being a fat A**....that was much easier.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggerBri2002
    You know what...I am officially finished....for every one person that tells me to bulk another tells me to lean out.

I think I just need to do what I want to do and see what happens. I lost 100lbs on my own without a trainer or anyone else, so I know I can figure this out. If not, I can alway go back to being a fat A**....that was much easier.
    Bri,

Quit whining!

This issue is only a matter of opinion (as I stated in my response to AA). It's not going to make or break your long term goals. It's not an issue like high doses or cycling deca -only (without testosterone ) or a debate over whether or not to use steroids while still a teenager. Unlike the other more serious issues, your situation has no black or white answer. There are many ways to approach your situation.

Don't be frustrated. You've been lucky enough to have many people respond to your thread with thier opinions. Now, take them into consideration and make your own decision.

Issues like these should not take up so much of your time. You should make a decision and follow through. You should also spend far more time on your diet than worrying over this sort of thing, which I've told you almost from the beginning of our communicating with each other.

I think you shoud do the following:
    1. Pick a moderate to low dose cycle
    2. Create a diet. Work on the diet. Perfect the diet.
    3. Begin your cycle.
    4. Stay on course for 10 weeks.
    5. Take note how your body responds.
    6. Make small changes for your next cycle, diet and approach to further perfect them.
    7. Start again at #1.

Do not allow this to become a drama that delays you from reaching your goal. Make a choice now and start moving forward.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 10-30-2004 at 11:48 AM.

Odin is offline Member
    Hey looking at your pic's I would take your cycle and bulk look at your pics you got good legs and your chest, shoulders, and arms are not bad, but your lacking lat's flair, If you took your cycle and really made a point to hit back heavy and hard your shoulders would look wider and you would have an X-frame. Look at your first pic' and you'll see the lat's need the most work, and imo back makes a person's build. That little fat on the sides can wait. Off season pro bodybuilder get that stuff in the off season and surly don't worry about it. In fact i try put on a little fat before I cycle so I don't need to worry about hurting my back when my squats and dead's go up 15 pounds a week.

BASK,

Thanks...I needed that. I have gone to the diet forum as Swole suggested. Looked at the Bulk Thread and got my approximate caloric intake from the Harris-Elliot spreadsheet and will build my diet around that post. I Know Swole says my diet sucks and I will work on it. I am going to spend today on planning out a diet and will put it into effect with my cycle.

Like you said this isnt the end of the world for me. Although some may not agree, I feel as though I have a good base to cycle and I will grow as long as my diet get better than it has been and my workouts are solid. I can say that my workouts have been much better with the basic routine you started my on several weeks back. I have recently really started to jump up on the weight I have been lifting...so it is working for sure. If fact the last two week I have felt like I was on a cycle although I not currently!

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member

Well or maybe you just need to make your own decisions and do what works best for you. What did you do in the avatar? Seems you looked good there so you know how to do it. My trainer got me OFF the bulking idea, thank God he did. I was so pleased to see the scale go up and up, I didnt realize the one time skinny kid that was 6% BF all his life was now getting fat in a big hurry.

Problem is, we all have our own genetic limit as to how much muscle we gain each year, this applies with or without steroids . I think if you can get yourself down to 9% BF, then try to maintain it. If you still take protein, still eat several small meals a day, still workout, your muscles will still grow, there is no need for your fat to grow.

Also oddest thing is, my BF went down pretty dramatically, I tend to think a combination of a very long cycle got a bunch of it burned off, but trainer said, watch out for PCT, the cortisol rebound will cause massive regain of fat, but now he is looking like an idiot now because my BF is continuing to drop here about 9 weeks after the cycle. My waist line has shrunken tremendously but for most part arms, chest, neck measurements are very close to the best of the cycle and higher weight. Believe it or not, I think the biggest thing that took the extra fat off me was I cut back on protein shakes!!! Trainer was telling me that protein in excess of what is needed or usable is simply turned to sugar and stored as fat, so I downsize my protein in take to 3/4 gram per pound of body weight.

Hey I sent this to my buddy Bask,

It was a good weekend for me to sit for a long time and make some decisions on what my goal is with working out, diet, and juicing.

I realized that I am not in this for competition sake, but just to look good and feel good about myself. Therefore, my ultimate goal is to have a tight, muscular, and someday ripped physique. Size is something I will get over time with slow gains and slow progress. I do not want to get BIG at the expense of gaining alot of extra bodyfat along with the muscle.

So, I have decided the following (some you may agree with, some not...but these are my decisions and I stick by them)

1.) I will do a Tren /Prop cycle. Tren 75mg a day (10wks) and Prop 100mg a day (12wks). This will help me put on solid gains while also leaning me out...my ultimate goal.

2.)I am adjusting my diet, not to be a bulker, but to provide smaller and more solid gains. I will increase my intake during my cycle and during PCT to maintain, but I do not want to put on too much fat as I have in the past several weeks.

3.) I am going to add one more day of cardio, from 2 to 3 days. I feel this will help me somewhat in holding the fat down and off of my body. My body easily stores fat as soon as I slow down on cardio, therefore the need for this extra day.

4.) If I make solid gains during this cycle, and still feel my lovehandles are annoying me. I will have surgery in the spring to get that corrected. I feel it is a mental barrier that is holding down my self esteem and confidence.

5.) I will not look at AR during the first half of my cycle. At mid point I will post pics of my progress. I need to stick to my guns and move along without all of the opinions that confuse me. A steady consistent path is what I need.

6.) If all else fails, I will try...try again.

So look at for my pics come sometime mid-late December. Oh I am pushing my cycle back a week to get my diet straight and everything in place. I am going away this week and to start as soon as I get back, would not be a good idea. I will also take somewhat of a breather this week when I am away. That will allow me to come back fresh and strong for my cycle.

Thanks and let me know your thoughts and see you guys in a couple of months!

How long have you been in the weight lifting game? Just curious, and talking about this go around, not like had lifted weights 10 years ago, took 7 yrs off and back in the last 2. I am asking when did you get in "this weight lifting kick" that you are in now? Seems the third year is when you acquire enough muscle that it starts burning the fat on its own.

I also noticed from my own experience, at the 15th week and after on "just simply testosterone only", you have suppressed cortisol so much and other natural fat burning tendancies of testosterone that the fat starts burning off naturally, so I dont know if you ever gave any thought to doing a simple testosterone, no stack 20-30 week cycle... after the 15th week, you can eat like you are bulking and the fat just progressively keeps dropping. I donno, could be my results might also be different from yours as everyone's body is different so.....

Ive been lifting for just about 9 years now. I would say the last 4 or so have been serious.

I am sticking with my guns and doing the Tren /Prop cycle. Like I said if this one doesn't work, then I will try something else down the road. I have no deadline, just a goal to look and feel better. Heck if I can look like alot of the guys do on this board at 40, then I will be happy.

dogsofwar is offline Member
    Bri- You have a physique to put on some wicked gains.
    A lot of the advice has been good, but all in all honesty
    there are a couple of key things that will make your
    physique look crazy better.
    1) work the shoulders out intensely
    This will give you a broader look to enhance your taper.
    Do at least 2 exercises per head.
    2) Pound the bi's and tries. Get that seperation. Arms are
    hard as hell to build on tall guys
    3) Cardio

Dont get down bro. You can so totally get the results you want.
    Later bro.

Ive been lifting for just about 9 years now. I would say the last 4 or so have been serious.

I am sticking with my guns and doing the Tren/Prop cycle. Like I said if this one doesn't work, then I will try something else down the road. I have no deadline, just a goal to look and feel better. Heck if I can look like alot of the guys do on this board at 40, then I will be happy.
    No problem with the tren , but have you considered carrying your testosterone part of the cycle on farther. Of course you know your own body more then anyone else would. Long cycles all depend on if you are the type that has good recoveries or difficult ones, etc

Nah,

My last PCT was very tough and I was totally wasted for a few months afterward. And my last cycle was 16 weeks, so I am not doing that again.

DOGS-
    I agree witht the shoulders and arms...mine need work. I am going to do everything possible during this cycle to grow. I am going to stick with my basics exercises though and not get too fancy. Also, I think my arms never photograph well and aren't that bad at close to 17 inches.

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    stay positive bro your going to get there believe me

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    bro! i feel your pain and frustration.

I used to weigh over 330, i lost over 100 lbs and gained alot of muscle mass.

I still have alot of extra skin in my midsection, just about everywhere.

I think if you build your shoulders up and arms more you will be very happy.

If you have been lifting for 9 years and your shoulders are not developed, i think you have to do something different. Take this as constructive critisism.
    You dont eat any essential fatty acids? Take a few tablespoons of olive oil and buy fish oil capsules. Take several of those daily. I think fish oil really will help you. I gained mass quickly just by starting to take fish oil, I believe.
    What does your shoulder routines look like?

btw, im on my 3rd week of my first cycle(500mg test e, 400mg eq) I hoping to fill in some of the loose skin.

You will see changes if you start eating fat, also heres a diet tip, split your meals up like this, first 3 meals, protein/carbs only, then after 5 or 6pm eat your last 3 meals of only protien/fat, no carbs.

preworkout-protien/oatmeal
    postworkout-protien/juice,simple carbs

you can do it!!!!

thickmass is offline Member
    dont worry Bri, I still love ya

Thanks guys...I have put my cycle on hold until next week. I will be back mid cycle with updates...until then...ADIOS!

RW3333 is offline Associate Member
    man you look great, you seem like you know what your talking about! i cant wait to see what you look like after this cycle bro! keep us posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information