Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You said you ate 1800 cals a day on this cutting diet?

How quickly did you gain weight back when you were done?

Taus is offline New Member
    The first time I did this diet I held off any major weight rebound, which is seen alot w/ water weight coming back when carbs are reintroduced. I did this by almost doing a TKD(targeted ketogenic diet), in which i pretty much ate my daily carb intake at breakfast and directly before and after lifting. I only went from the 9% I dropped to up to alittle over 10 in the month after, which was cool w/ me.

However, this last time was a different story...I'm not gonna lie about it, I gained back weight at a pretty fast pace. It was entirely my fault though and likely mostly water. I went on vacation the week after I stopped officially dieting, ate like a fat fuck and had a great time. When I came back home I continued to go out alot during the week and didn't exactly get fat again, but was nowhere near as cut as I was a few weeks before that. In the months after stopping the ckd, I went from about 7.5% to 11 in a month, then was able to stay there for a while, which I wasnt too upset about, but didnt have a cut look really anymore.

My goal for this summers diet is to get down to around 5-6% (starting around 11-12%). Hopefully after this I will be able to maintain under 8%, as it is difficult to lower your bodys natural setpoint, especially when I naturally have a high body fat %

Ya, thats what I am worried about. I know lots of people who have done the full blown atkins thing and gained alot back when they quit.

When on the diet, did you eat bacon and peperoni sticks and stuff like that? or did you strictly eat low fat meat and good fats like your omegas?

The thing is man, it's your own fault if you gain it all back, as with any diet. The only thing your def gonna gain back is alittle water weight as ketosis is somewhat diuretic. You can expect a gain of 1-2%bodyfat back right away after a ketogenic diet, whether it be atkins or ckd or whatever, but honestly by just gradually letting your carb intake go up and eating em at breakfast and postworkout you should be fine. Just don't let yourself eat like a fat fuck after and go nuts w/ carbs right away and it'l work out.

And as for the fats, I really didnt eat too much bacon or pepperoni and shit like that, but I didn't avoid it. I would put bacon bits in salad and shit and snack on stuff like pepperoni sometimes, but pretty much most of my fat came from red meat, peanuts and olive oil(as a salad dressing w/ balsamic vinegar)
    Last edited by Taus; 03-31-2003 at 03:21 PM.

RIght on man. One last question, did you actually count your carbs...like if you ate peanuts and cheese, did you count those carbs and then not eat eggs if you were over the limit?

What about green beans, they are okay, don't you think?

No....I didn't count my carbs at all. If you know what has carbs and what doesnt, you pretty much know what you can eat, except for a few things that are iffy. Carrots are def not good, but as for the greenbeans im not sure, I don't have my nutr. value book w/ me. I have a feeling it's mostly fiber in the beans, which is fine( and accounts for the carbs in natural peanut butter and peanuts). I know theres a listing online somewhere w/ nutritional values if you can find it. If you have the label for something, and it lists carbs, make sure you look at if its sugars or fiber. Fiber is fine even if its like 15grams or something. Also, you can tecnically have like 20-30 grams of carbs a day, so the tiny amounts in cheese and shit like that is no big deal. Just don't start fuckin around and be like "half this cookie has 20 grams of carbs so i can eat it"...thats when u start gettin yourself in trouble

LOL!! Ya I got ya on the cookie part. Had no plans like that at all. Just curious about the cheese and nuts and eggs. ALl those foods with one gram of carbs and such. Like peanut butter has 6 or 7 carbs, I am gald you told me it was cool to eat. I have 2 new bottles with some celery.

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    taus u remmber me i m on the ckd and i feel im havin trouble getting food in my body and i feel this may nake me loose muscle im takin eca and really am having trouble eating im always on the go and its hard to cook so whatw were some snacks u had when u were on it...

i know no one cares but i got to bottles of eca 4 $30.00 i think thats good

plus drinks are murdering me i am drinkin mad water and with these real potent foods with water is makin me sick whats a good thing to drink

i drank a diet sprite this morning wich probably not good im not sure what do u think

thanks bro im gonna start the mag 10 next week see if that will fill my extra skinn and bring out more cuts and give me some energy thanx bro .....nick aka clubbinkid

As far as not being able to eat and on the go, I'm in college so I know what you mean. You don't have to eat meals as frequently and small as you would do on other cutting diets because insulin balance is not a concern here w/ no carbs present. Basicly I'm saying you can eat larger and less frequent meals on this as long as the overall calories are where you want them. Personally I eat 4-6 eggs before I go to class each morning to get me through like 5 hours and pretty much won't eat unless I'm back at my house where I cook one of the foods I outlined in above posts. The only quick things you can really eat while out is a burger w/o the bun. Wendys Jr Bacon Cheese for 99cents are the shit for this cause u can just wrap it in the lettuce they give u. Anyway, other snacks you can carry on you are string cheese or beef jerkey as long as the sodium content doesnt bother you and peanuts. All the other snacks I ate are also listed in above posts.

For drinks, I pretty much try to drink water as to avoid a large sodium intake, which alot of diet drinks have, but I drink alot of diet mountain dew cause it tastes good, has relatively low sodium and a shitload of caffiene. Nothing wrong w/ diet sprite. If you think your fat loss is stalling bc of the diet soda, you can check youre level of ketosis w/ ketostix, as I've read some people still get an insulin raise from sugar substitutes. Personally Ive never had a problem w/ it. I really don't see the problem with water, especially on clen or eca, cause I'm always thirsty on them.

And with the mag10, personaly I would get on it asap. I've done this diet twice before and the first time did it w/o any androgenic support. The diet worked but strenght did slide alittle and I didn't feel nearly as good in the gym on no carbs w/o the mag10.

I got no problems answering anyones q's on ckds or whatever, cause I'm about to start on one again myself and all this stuff is reminding me of what I used to do and helping me come up w/ new ways to make it work better.
    Last edited by Taus; 04-01-2003 at 11:53 AM.

thanx on this diet is calorie in take real important wshould i try yo stay under 2000 or is that what was good 4 u

mlalande is offline New Member
    holy shit i cant believe these pics..
    I cant believe the cuts
    i jsut started my cycle of deca and I hope my change is this good

Calories are absolutely important. Regardless of diet type, you must have a negative energy balance to lose weight. However, because of the protein sparing effects of ketosis and your exogenious androgen (juice or prohormone) you can go lower in calories then on a balanced diet without fear of losing muscle.

I found that for me, staying around 2000kcal/day worked pretty well. The first time I did this diet I really counted them, but after a while you get the hang of it and I'm sure i was within +/-300kcal.

If you're really unsure of where to start, try around 10x your bodywieght in lbs. Adjust up or down accordingly depeding on how weight loss is going.
    Last edited by Taus; 04-01-2003 at 02:47 PM.

taus my carb up day is commin is it 1 or 2 days what should i eat and how many carbs...from expireince wit atkins b4 i m scaed im gonna gain it all back on the carb up tell me whats up thanx

The carbup is something that you have to figure out for yourself as everyone responds differently to carbs in terms of insulin response. You yourself said you blew up after atkins, so I would assume that you are like me and need to keep the carb up short.

Basicly after my friday workout, I would take my shake w/ my non-cutting amount of carbs (around 50-75g). Then for the rest of the night and untill saturday afternoon I would eat like a normal person, w/ average amounts of carbs and, just making sure to keep fat intake minimal, because it will likely be absorbed w/ all this insulin surging.

If I wasnt going to drink on sat nite I would stop eating carbs that afternoon and go back to no carbs after this 24 hour period of carbs. You might feel alittle bloated at times or dizzy, but it'l pass. Don't step on the scale at all over the weekend as your water weight will absolutely rise. For me I would go down like 5-6lbs during the week, then up like 3-4 on teh weekends, giving you an excellent net loss of 2 pounds of pure fat. For the sake of ur sanity, just don't weigh urself until like wednesday everyweek, when your water weight will be gone again.

For more detailed info on the carbup I really recommend reading the t-dawg diet article on www.t-mag.com or getting duchaines book bodyopus, as they were both very thorough on the carbup, though t-mags is alittle more realistic from my experience.

georgie24 is offline Member
    what where the begining stats?

ozmax98 is offline Associate Member
    what is mag10???? just a quick question.

Latimus is offline Banned
    wow what an improvement...

BDTR is offline Retired
    Why would you bump a year old thread?

Quote Originally Posted by georgie24
    what where the begining stats?

sorn is offline Junior Member
    Well I deleted the Avagdar post...bye bye

mattman is offline Junior Member
    Big time cut, good job!

shorty2big is offline Member
    great transformation. You did a lot of work in a short amount of time. You can tell ou put a lot of effort in to it. Great job.
    S2B

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information