popa is offline Senior Member

asking a question for my aunt(extra skin after weight loss)

in the past few months she had lost quite abit of weight and she was woundering is there anyway to get rid of the extra skin around the stomache, glute's and thigh's.
    What kind of exersises is the best for her?

houseofpain is offline Banned
    laser surgery

Jasper is offline New Member
    It can take upwards of a year for skin to tighten from weight loss. How much did she lose? Eat a balaced diet (pleanty of vitamins and minerals so her body has adequate nutrition to repair itself). If her skin dows ot tighten by itself after a year surgical intervention may be the only option left. Dont fall into the traps of the skin creams. They can't and don't work.
    As far as exercises, she can build muscle in the areas of the saggy skin (fill it up with muscle).

Jas

ttuPrincess Guest
    if she loses to much weight to fast then there will be a lot more excess skin then if she was to lose it at a normal weight.. the suggested amount of weight loss is 2 lbs per week... this is optimal to keep the muscle and lose the fat..

I just read this in a "Shape" magazine while doing cardio last week.. so I hope I rephrased everything correctly

the original jason is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    personally i lost 140lbs and there was no way the skin would retract, it all depends how much she lost, how much over 'normal' weight she was and how long for, once the skin is stretched for soo long, then it loses it elasticity it wont ever go back, but if this isnt the case then it will retract. You can usually tell by looking at the skin condition, if its smooth and not covered in stretch marks and not dead looking, then it probably will go back to some extent, if its the opposite like mine was, then im afraid a tummy tuck is the only answer

peace

Thread Information