Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dthom606
  • 1 Post By 01dragonslayer

Thread: New to the forum and looking change my life!

dthom606 is offline New Member

New to the forum and looking change my life!

Hi everyone! New to the forum and hoping to learn and develop myself as I move into my next phase in life of the upper 40's. Life has been a constant battle for me with weight and my confidence in my physical appearance. I have been weight training all my life, early on with sports and continued it as I enjoy the weight room...especially knowing that I control my own destiny when I am there...that your only opponent is yourself. I am 5'8 and after being down to 220, I am back up to 243. Lost a couple pounds over the last couple weeks. I have had low testosterone in the past and also low thyroid issues that has not helped. I still train hard, but it is a struggle. I am working around a couple injuries - 2 minor tendon tears in my shoulder and some outside hip issues when trying to go heavy on legs. I was given advice to work around the shoulder issues and monitor it after a year or 2 with a follow-up MRI as I still have significant strength. I no longer bench and have to work around different movements due to the injury though.

My goal is to research and learn, connect with some people that share similar circumstances and really to develop my goals for the future. I have only done a at 30, but want to research more about what my challenges will be as I approach 50. Right now I am working on a new lifestyle in terms of my eating habits and looking to make some adjustments to my training as I get older. I struggle wanting to keep pushing heavy, but know I need to lift smart as well.

Sorry for the long intro...but I am looking forward to interacting with some of you and getting some advice and hopefully even sharing the results of the advice I am given and use. Thanks all and looking forward to being an active member of this board.
    THE SOURSE likes this.

rt4man is offline Associate Member
    Welcome!

yesidont is offline Associate Member
    welcome

Welcome to this great board. You will find pretty much everything you need to know through research and the many extremely experienced members here. It seems you have much in place as far educating yourself first, keeping your diet in check, meeting challenges as we all get older.

Don't hesitate to ask questions. Train hard, eat well and results will show. We look forward to hearing about your results. Good luck.
    THE SOURSE likes this.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Welcome to the forum! Check out the diet and nutrition section. Good luck!

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome hit our HRT section.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome I'm sure you'll find everything you need to to know here.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    Welcome

Thread Information