Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NoobJuice is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    imagine this:
    America gets taken over by a dictator, you are starving, people being murdered for no reason, women raped.. even children killed. Everyone is suffering. Another country, wants to come in, get rid of the dictator, and want to set up a government where you and your people no longer suffer. Would you be mad at this?

Getting rid of saddam was the main reason to go in, after this was done we set are making peace in the country and setting up to be self-sufficient. Hussein has many connections to terrorist groups, from him maybe we can find bin laden

xfade7
    EHHH Wrong.
    You know Saddam was #3 on the list for al queida?
    First - French
    Second - U.S.A
    Third - Saddam, they actually were setting up an assasination attempt.

bitta is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    imagine this:
    America gets taken over by a dictator, you are starving, people being murdered for no reason, women raped.. even children killed. Everyone is suffering. Another country, wants to come in, get rid of the dictator, and want to set up a government where you and your people no longer suffer. Would you be mad at this?

Getting rid of saddam was the main reason to go in, after this was done we set are making peace in the country and setting up to be self-sufficient. Hussein has many connections to terrorist groups, from him maybe we can find bin laden

xfade7
    first of all, of course that would suck, but you are skirting the question because there is no rational answer for what I have asked. secondly, what links did sadam and osama have? please fill me in because condaleza rice and colin powell and paul wolfowitz all have found NOTHING linking the two. I ask you again to please show me proof of these statements that have already been re-nigged by bushs council, because Im sure as hell that the bush administration would love to hear it, for they are facing the flames now because of the decission to INVADE Iraq. It isnt funny to you that once bush recieved info from the top cia operitive investigating the issues of WOMD that they in fact have no ties to the uranium program, her name was disclosed by the white house and blew her cover? He was angry that she found nothing to support his reasons and still went in and killed innocent children. Please show me this proof you have buddy I am very interested to see it.......still waiting

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    OK, so what should we do with Rush Limbaugh? Bill O'Reilly? Fox News?

I'm not saying I love Michael Moore or that I'm a liberal (or conservative for that matter), but why does this bother you so much? First, he has a right to express his opinions in any medium he likes. Second, do you think that these "influencible idiots" are going to wander in a movie theatre by mistake to see the movie or are liberal going to kidnap them and make them watch it?

I see this as nothing but healthy debate over very serious issues. The question I ask (as chicamahomico did) is, instead of engaging in the debate and presenting your own view of the facts, WHY ARE YOU RIGHT-WINGERS SO INTENT ON SHUTTING DOWN A MAN'S FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS?

In answer to your and chicamahomico's question, this so-called documentary is a crock. It is a biased, nearly slanderous attempt not to document a president, but to twist the clips and soundbites into a false film. Furthermore, it is nothing more than propaganda for the Democratic party. In the future, are we going to be seeing full length "documentaries" from both parties, nothing more than a 2 hours campaign commercial? Come on, it's getting rediculous, and if you can't see why, it's because you're right there with them.

I will go see this film, just so I will have a good understanding of what he is trying to do with it, but I can assure you, I will be buying a ticket to The Notebook, or White Girls, and not sending a single penny of my money to this fat bastard. I would suggest anyone else to do the same.

-moto

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    They gave it an R rating. They tried to get PG-13 but the ratings people denied them, based on language. WTF? The association refused to allow Moore's lawyers into the hearing when they appealed for a PG-13 rating.

whats the difference of rating it R or PG-13?.........i mean its not like anyone under 18 can vote anyway?
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i think michael moore is a funny guy. he has a shirt that says made in america and critisizes this country all the time. if he lived in afghan or iraq and made movies against the govt in office he would have faced the firing squad. i think he has a right to do what he does and if you believe him, then thats great, but i think he goes to extremes sometimes and a lot of his issues arent entirely fair and balanced

plus i think what they are doing to howard is horrible. freedom of speech people, if you dont like it, turn it off

Spyder Guest
    You know ... I liked the movie Fahrenheit, but like I mentioned in another thread, so much of what Moore didn't want you to see, he edited out. For example, towards the end of the movie, when Moore was going around asking members of congress to sign up their kids, one of the congressmen replied "I don't have to sign up my child, but my brother and my cousin are both there in Iraq" ...but Moore edit that piece out so the audience doesnt see it. I think I saw this on CNN or one of the other news channels.

if everyone here likes howard, make sure you register on his board

SpinalTap is offline Junior Member
    Michael Moore is an asshole who takes everything out of context and pretty much lies. I hate how many are actually going to believe him.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5251769/site/newsweek?tl

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5335853...k/site/newsweek

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    if everyone here likes howard, make sure you register on his board
    I DID

ME TOO. he needs to have beetle juice on his show more often.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicRick
    ME TOO. he needs to have beetle juice on his show more often.
    more beetle and more YUCKO!!!

BeatofEvolution is offline New Member
    f911 was a great movie, you can criticize your country and be patriotic...its blind patriotism that has allowed such attrocities as the holocaust, slavery and other such events in history...

did you believe what he said in the movie....

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    I saw it, great movie.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I think this movie will be interesting. Most of you hardcore Republican-only guys are way to quick to bash someone who has different views than you do. I'm not saying Moore is a bastion of truth or a non-biased filmmaker but why do his views bother you guys so much?
    I would like to see it...when it comes out on DVD...I'm way too cheap to spend 9 bucks to see any **** movie. I happen to love Bush...just not the one in the White House.

However I think you should be beat silly for using the word bastion.....you and your fancy edumacation. hahahahaha Bastion....who the hell says bastion? You're just showing off now aren't you? hahahahahaha

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat meat like a big grizzly russian bear. ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    with or without hot sauce? Makes a big differance you know.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    with or without hot sauce? Makes a big differance you know.

skinjob is offline Associate Member

sorting sheep from goats

its amazing to me that moore is criticized for defending americans rights to be american in the *full constitutional sense*. who gives a toss if he is 100% correct - are we to believe that dear mr bush (is that dad or is that dubya?) has never dished us any caca?

surely the thing that makes america great is freedom of speech, freedom of expression and the rights of the individual.. and these freedoms are being reined in at the hands of the bush dynasty.

the Patriot act is a pivotal point of leverage for the bu****es. just look what the act does to your freedom and your liberties. bush is attacking the very freedoms that the so called 'enemies of freedom' are attacking! eg. free speech, privacy and civil rights (the right to an attorney and a fair trial if arrested/charged etc)

just because some dude is anti-bush does not make him anti-american!

to me, bush is far more anti-american sending all those young american servicemen/women on a grail quest for WMD that simply are not there. feel safer minus saddam? not me! when i think of places like North Korea i am much more fearful (and they REALLY DO HAVE WMD!!!)

for the UK we got Blair and the sexed-up intelligence dossier (likely caressed by the hand of Campell) and now our chaps and your chaps are getting slotted like flies in iraq. i tattoo chaps that have just got back from Basra every day. they ALL say it is totally ****ed and they ALL want to get the feck out.

the mark of a*real* patriot is being able to find a balanced appreciation of culture and homeland. for civilised people it is not enough to accept everything our leaders and media push without questioning it, scrutinizing it and providing a thorough autopsy. if we really are the civilised ones we must be able to admit our failings as well as trumpet our successes.

prodding and scrutiny and questioning is wholly justified and IS one of the things that continues to make america (and some other places) great.

i am scottish, i love scotland and i love the UK. HOWEVER. i would be the first to point to its failings as well as its strengths. If you are honest with yourself you will see that ALL countries suffer from Capurnican revolutions (!) everyone thinks their country is the center of the world.

an example of the two-edged sword (which is the truth excuse the metaphor): in the UK, healthcare is FREE. Any time i want to see a doctor i dont have to pay for anything. I have epilepsy so all my drugs are free. If i did not have a chronic illness, i would pay around $10 for whatever drugs i required - be they a weeks supply or a months.

heres the flipside:

in some parts of the UK, privatisation of the National Health Service has led to a culture of middle-management and the result is a horribly beureaucratic system that often has terrible waiting times for simple procedures (for some people in some areas).

long winded to make a small point ... who cares. might as well enjoy our last minutes of freedom saying what we think before osama bin liner invades the vatican and declares that we all exist under a dialysis-friendly shariah. or before it becomes illegal to say no.

they arent on a quest for wmd

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap
    they arent on a quest for wmd

oh thats right we are there to liberate our iraqi brothers and sisters.............................HAHAHAHAHAHA

bush: " He has weapons of mass destruction-the world's deadliest weapons-which pose a direct threat to the United States, our citizens and our friends and allies"

blair: " Saddam Hussein could deploy chemical weapons in 45 minutes"

duh. this *was* the mandate for the war. or have you forgotten as much as Fox news?

invading Iraq will keep Al Quada and pals hyped for years to come and just gives them more excuses to **** up innocent people. look at the madrid bombings.

it will get worse and worse and worse. and we will all be so, so over being in existence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information