Thread: stretching

Harn is offline New Member

stretching

Im 38 yo and it seems like lately Im always pulling something or some other injury just wondering how much tme you guys devote to stretching and if you have any set routines that you use.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I should stretch more but I don't....... I do warm up a bit before hitting the heavier weights. I'm 36 and I'm not getting hurt

kaorialfred is offline Member
    What's going on?
    I hope you aren't kidding around Mud man. I think that warming up is very important part of a workout.I also think that stretching is a good way to repair and relive muscle pain. I make stretching part of my routine weekly. I would say I do about 4 hrs a week or more. That includes some foam roller stuff. I like doing front splits and feel really good doing a back bend or being able to touch my hands behing my back. Some strecthes you just have to do. When doing hack squats I have to give my quads some flex time or my workouts would be cut short. Do to pumps. stretching out my lower back before and after squats seem to help also/ working my abs first then light stretching then heavy relaxing stretching after squats so I can walk the next day. I always have my clients stretching before and after a workout if needed. Some people don't like it and prefer that tight ass look, where they can't move. My advice at your age is to make it eod or as often as needed. Slow and controlled, also make some progress, hold it relax and see if you can get futher on certian ones in a couple of months.

Harn is offline New Member
    Yea I think Im just going to try getting up an extra 20 min early and use that for stretching ed.

Thread Information