oracle is offline New Member

i keep getting sick

i don't have a good immune system and the frequency of me catching a flu is getting more. the length of recovery is getting longer too. this is discrupting to my workouts and most of the mass that I have painstaking build are washout in a matter of days. any advice?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    are you taking vitamins ?? plenty of Vit C & some anti-oxidants ??

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Have you been to the Doc? I am the same way...no immunity. I finally went to the Doc. and had some blood taken, found out I had chronic mononucleousis (mono). Might wanna check for mono, ask for the Epstien Bar Virus test.

IronRhino is offline New Member
    Dude, get yourself to an MD ASAP! The issues with immune system suppression could have several different causes and therepeutic measures could be diverse for each. Until you have his exam and subsequent lab testing you're guessing about what's going on.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    BIZUMP for Doc M and HeartDocMD

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My first question would be to ask why you think your immune system is not working properly. Give me an indication of how many times per month that you feel as if you are suffering flu like symptoms. Also, tell me if you are taking any type of prescribed meds that could suppress your immune system.

Describe your symptoms, severity, and if you are taking any OTC meds to alleviate some of the discomfort. Also include what types of supplements, vitamins, and AS if any. Include age, weight/height, medical problems that have been diagnosed by an MD, and any subsequent treatments. If you do not want to post this in an open forum, please feel free to PM me and I will give it a look over and offer any advice that I can based solely on the information.

Doc M

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Oracle,

I know how you feel right now. I had broncitus (sp?) pretty bad with mad sinusitis (sp?) Went to the doc at the begining of June, got put on Zithromax, an Inhaler to help with the weezing, and some codine cough syrup to help me sleep. Although I am 90% better, the sinus problem is still there just enough to make me cough often throughout the day and make me feel like crap when I get up in the morning. There are quite a few people where I work that have the same problem of the nagging sinus issue that won't go away. Hope it gets better soon. I am pretty sure it isn't allergies, I am on allegra and really only allergic to tree pollen and ragweed and we are between those two in the mid atlantic right now. Good Luck!

depdaddy is offline Member

mono

several years ago i had the similar problems..went to doc over and over but they could find nothing wrong with me..tested neg for mono aids and every thing they tried would run fevers 101-102 for days at a time...they though my immune system was bad..finnaly one doc took a chance and tested the epstein bar test a different way..this causes mono but i never developed mono..anyway when they got my levels back it was way over 500 he said he couldnt beleive i was able to function..he quickly diagnosed me with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and told me there was no known cure...i eventually got fed up with all there bullshit and sought help from an alternative doctor..he had me cured within 3 weeks and i have never had those problems since

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    depdaddy

What was the cure? If you don't mind saying, PM me if you don't want to post it.

depdaddy is offline Member

cure

it has been several years now...but some of it was heavy doses of colloidal minerals..2-3 times reccomended doses on bottles..now colloidals are much more available..i currently use a softgel cap now..was originally only available in a liquid..the other was high doses of vit c and calcium..dont remember the type of calcium but it was 98% absorbable,unlike most forms that are out that are 2-40% absorbable..i also had 5 sessions of acu-puncture for the loss of movement in my shoulders and head aches..sorry i cant remember it all but it definately helped me..they were going to put me on disability because i couldnt stay awake to work and kept falling asleep while i was driving..hope this helped somewhat

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Thanks bro! I have a good friend who suffers with the same problem. I'll will pass the info on to him and i'll get back to you on how it works out!

Thread Information