Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: Truth about half-life

luiseduardo is offline New Member

Truth about half-life

Hello everybody,

It's my first topic here. I'm from Brazil and I would like to learn more about this theme.

My question now is about the half-life of the medicaments. There are many sites with tables showing us this values for almost all medicaments. But, since I have read a interesting article I was wondering if the information about the half-life is correct. This article explains that many tables are incorrect, because they are based from Bill Roberts' calculations.. And after years, his calculation was considerated correct, but now is known that there are some mistakes...

So, for example, the correct half life posted in the article (in Portuguese, the name of the medicament is similar in English) :
    Propionato de testosterona 2 days
    Fenilpropionato de testosterona 3 days
    Fenilpropionato de nandrolona 3 d
    Isocaproato de testosterona 4 d
    Decanoato de testosterona 7d
    Decanoato de nandrolona 6-7 d
    Cipionato de testosterona 6 d
    Enantato de testosterona 5 d
    Propionado drostanolona 2 d
    Enantato de metenolona 5 d
    Undecilenato de Boldenona 7 d
    Acetato de Trenbolona 2 d
    Enantato de trenbolona 5-6 d

And the incorrect ones :

Decanoato de nandrolona: 15 d
    Undecilenato de boldenone : de 14 a 16 d
    Mentelona: 10.5 d
    Durateston: de 15 a 18 d
    Cipionato de testosterona: 12 d
    Enantato de testosterona: 10.5 d
    Propionato de testosterona: 4.5 d
    Testosterona aquosa: 1 d
    Stanozolol : 1 d
    Acetado de Trembolone: 3 d
    Enantato de Metenolona: 10,5 d

So, anyone has heard something like this? Is this correct? So, pct timing should change?

Thanks!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Why would pct change? when your pct starts is pretty standard long esters pct starts at 14-18 days from last pin short esters your pct starts 3 days from last pin. You just want to make sure you are paying attention the the lives of the compounds you run and run the test longer so pct can start at the desired time.

Long esters shouldn't be between 3 and 4 weeks and short esters between 1 and 2 weeks? I learned this way... Is it incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by luiseduardo View Post
    Long esters shouldn't be between 3 and 4 weeks and short esters between 1 and 2 weeks? I learned this way... Is it incorrect?
    no short esters are 3 days before starting pct and longer esters are between 14-18 days depending on the ester

Thanks

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by luiseduardo View Post
    That really depends on several factors. When you begin PCT depends on the half life of the compound and the dosages you're taking. For example, 2 cycles of testosterone enanthate one @ 500mg/wk and the other at 1000mg/wk. In both cycles the half life remains the same but since blood concentrations of testosterone is so much higher at 1000mg/wk you would delay starting your PCT when compared to the 500mg/wk dose.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    That really depends on several factors. When you begin PCT depends on the half life of the compound and the dosages you're taking. For example, 2 cycles of testosterone enanthate one @ 500mg/wk and the other at 1000mg/wk. In both cycles the half life remains the same but since blood concentrations of testosterone is so much higher at 1000mg/wk you would delay starting your PCT when compared to the 500mg/wk dose.
    This and running labs... good point doc! We all metabolize test different so these are just basic guidelines
    Docd187123 likes this.

infinite_loop is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    no short esters are 3 days before starting pct and longer esters are between 14-18 days depending on the ester
    What if you're running a TRT level dose of test, say 150 mg/week, 75 mg (2x a week). Would you still wait 14 days for the 75 mg to clear?

Quote Originally Posted by infinite_loop View Post
    What if you're running a TRT level dose of test, say 150 mg/week, 75 mg (2x a week). Would you still wait 14 days for the 75 mg to clear?
    Yes ^^^

Thread Information