Chetsteadman is offline New Member

25 yr old. Testosterone at 350 ng/dl need help please

I am a 25 year old male. I eat a decent diet and work out at least 3 days a week. When i was 21 i did a 3 week cycle of mdrol with no pct. i had a nasty estrogen rebound developed some minor gyno that still exists to this day. I never saught any professional help and just figured that over time my body would return itself back to normal. I now understand that i was stupid to take this toxic prohormone and if i could go back and not take it i would but whats done is done. I was still able to get erections and have sex but they were not as hard as they were before. I would say they are at 85 to 90 percent tops. I also have not had a morning erection tht i can remember in almost 3 years since this prohormone wreaked havoc on my hpta.

I have done extensive research and finally last week i had a physical with my gp. The first physical since i was 21. I told my gp about my prohormone usage 3 years ago and that i suspected my testosterone was suppressed. He assured me that if i can have sex there is probably no issue and we got my test checked out anyway. The test came back at 350 ng/dl. I beleive this is total test and i do understand that there are multiple other measurements that he did not get checked. He assured me that this was normal and i had nothing to worry about and sent me on my way.of course i knew that this number should be higher for a 25 year old healthy physically active guy.

After more research i was lookin into running a clomid cycle for 8 to 12 weeks to see if i can restart my hpta. More of a jumpstart i guess in this case. Any input on dosage and duration or if i should add anything else would be greaty appreciated.

A couple more variables about my blood test. The blood was drawn around 11 am and the night before i was drinking but stopped before midnight. I understand these variables could have skewed my numbers but i doubt they could have thrown them off that much.

Sorry for the novel. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It would be best to have labs run first thing in the am within 2 hrs of waking and yes drinking could have lowered your levels.

What makes you feel your HPTA is shut down? Do you have any other blood work to post for a better idea on whats really taking place? Any prior blood work to compare? I agree that 350ng/dl is low for anyone, particularly a 25 year old male. But their could be other factors effecting your total test values.

I woke up around 8 that day and got the labs done by 11. I also only had maybe 4 beers and stopped by midnight. Do u think this could have lowered my levels that significanty? Could i have been in the 400's if these factors have not taken place? Or are we saying i could have been in the 600's if not for these factors?

About 3 years ago i went through a nasty estogen rebound My joints dried up i got some gyno. I feel better today. I guess the main factor is the lack of morning erections which i was told were the signs of a healthy funtioning hpta and the overall quality of my erections not being at 100 percent. I know this can be a resut of many other things but i was fine before my little experiment. I also never got any blood work done before regarding my hormones. This was te first time i ever got my test checked and as i guessed it was low. I dont beleive i am completely shut down just suppressed.

Since my doctor basically told me there was no problem i was thinking about doing a clomid cycle for a couple of months. Maybe something like 25-50mgs for 8 to 12 weeks. I did extensive research and this seems to have some positive results in restarting test production and i fugure it is worth a shot especially with little risk for sides.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetsteadman
    I woke up around 8 that day and got the labs done by 11. I also only had maybe 4 beers and stopped by midnight. Do u think this could have lowered my levels that significanty? Could i have been in the 400's if these factors have not taken place? Or are we saying i could have been in the 600's if not for these factors?
    sure it could. I would run labs again and get your LH tested as well

Thread Information