Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Bench Max Today

  1. #1
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96

    Bench Max Today

    Hey sup guy's i did bench max at school today i was just wanting to share it with you guys...Well on the maxs i did was easy but this is what i did.
    315
    325
    330
    335
    340
    345
    I got them all on one try..The weight went up pretty easy..i didn't have a bench shirt on never benched with a bench shirt on this is with no shirt..But ya i was going to go for more..but i was in weight lifting class and this girl was yelling at me cuz i was hogging the bench..so i said screw it and got off the bench..Well if you guy's dont know me..Im 16 years old turned 16 aug26th..im 5'7 and weight 187 and here's a pic of me so u can see how i look..I wanna get into powerlifting..i dunno if im on the right track or not.
    Last edited by RailZ; 10-20-2006 at 12:46 PM.

  2. #2
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    And here's a back shot..Peace
    P.S. With my lifts on bench u think i would be decent in powerlifting for weight and age? I dunno who holds records for what..im new to this.
    Last edited by RailZ; 10-20-2006 at 12:46 PM.

  3. #3
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Honestly you have more of a bodybuilders physique... I see a ton of pontenial for bodybuilding.... Something for you to think about maybe... To give you an idea one of my best friends benched 465lbs in a competion at the age of 16 at a bodyweight of 205lbs... So there are some big lifts being done by teenagers out there... that was like 8 years ago...

  4. #4
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by buff87
    Honestly you have more of a bodybuilders physique... I see a ton of pontenial for bodybuilding.... Something for you to think about maybe... To give you an idea one of my best friends benched 465lbs in a competion at the age of 16 at a bodyweight of 205lbs... So there are some big lifts being done by teenagers out there... that was like 8 years ago...
    Dang..that's a good lift..ya i did one bodybuilding comp before..i just wanna get into powerlifting..been lifting since i was 9..i wanna try something else.

  5. #5
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    Yeah he's always been a freak... He was benching over 500lbs by the age of 18 and has never touched a steroid in his life... I'd kill for his genes...

  6. #6
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by buff87
    Yeah he's always been a freak... He was benching over 500lbs by the age of 18 and has never touched a steroid in his life... I'd kill for his genes...
    Nice Nice..500 pound bench sounds pretty nice..

  7. #7
    Sicilian30's Avatar
    Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There is no place like ho
    Posts
    3,690
    Originally posted by buff87
    Honestly you have more of a bodybuilders physique... I see a ton of pontenial for bodybuilding.... Something for you to think about maybe... To give you an idea one of my best friends benched 465lbs in a competion at the age of 16 at a bodyweight of 205lbs... So there are some big lifts being done by teenagers out there... that was like 8 years ago...
    man buffy you really know how to make a guy feel good!!!!
    you look good buddy, Nice guns..

  8. #8
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by Sicilian30

    man buffy you really know how to make a guy feel good!!!!
    you look good buddy, Nice guns..
    LOL..ya i know right!!..hehe
    thanks bro.

  9. #9
    This Is Bench Day is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    52
    A couple things RAilz

    1. 345 at any bodyweight is an awesome bench at age 16 -- like buff said it's not a world record, but it's still f'n awesome. You are definitely powerlifting material.
    2. Next time you max, make bigger jumps in your weights, for example, do 20 lbs jumps instead of those 5 lbs jumps.

    For example, you might do
    45 x 5
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    275 x 1
    315 x 1
    335 x 1
    355 x 1

    And those first four or five sets you can do fairly fast. The point is, if your max is 345, then you did 5!!! lifts above 90 percent before getting your new max. You should only be doing 1 or 2 lifts over 90 percent before going for the new max otherwise you've already burned all your gas by the time you've gotten up to a real max weight.

    I would say if you maxed out again soon, you can get 355 or 365 easily just by planning your attempts better.

  10. #10
    Jack87's Avatar
    Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    6,148
    MY BAD

    But I think he was asking about what kind of weight is being put up at the teen level, so I just was letting him know...

    I did say you had one hell of alot of potential brother... I think more for bodybuilding then powerlifting, even though your bench is damn good for 16...

    Silician stop causing trouble... lol

    I was just sharing...

  11. #11
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by This Is Bench Day
    A couple things RAilz

    1. 345 at any bodyweight is an awesome bench at age 16 -- like buff said it's not a world record, but it's still f'n awesome. You are definitely powerlifting material.
    2. Next time you max, make bigger jumps in your weights, for example, do 20 lbs jumps instead of those 5 lbs jumps.

    For example, you might do
    45 x 5
    95 x 5
    135 x 5
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    275 x 1
    315 x 1
    335 x 1
    355 x 1

    And those first four or five sets you can do fairly fast. The point is, if your max is 345, then you did 5!!! lifts above 90 percent before getting your new max. You should only be doing 1 or 2 lifts over 90 percent before going for the new max otherwise you've already burned all your gas by the time you've gotten up to a real max weight.

    I would say if you maxed out again soon, you can get 355 or 365 easily just by planning your attempts better.
    Thanks man..ya i'll try to do larger jumps next time...Thanks for your comments and your tips bro..

  12. #12
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by buff87
    MY BAD

    But I think he was asking about what kind of weight is being put up at the teen level, so I just was letting him know...

    I did say you had one hell of alot of potential brother... I think more for bodybuilding then powerlifting, even though your bench is damn good for 16...

    Silician stop causing trouble... lol

    I was just sharing...
    It's all good..I know im not breaking records or anything..but i just wanted to know if i could do this without embrassing myself..thanks bros.Peace.

  13. #13
    deciever is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    355
    see railz, i told you that you should be taking bigger jumps..

  14. #14
    GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Tampa FL
    Posts
    86
    Well , ehat is a great bench to start with. Heres an idea. FL APA 16-17 records for 181 is 335 for 198 is 215. Not sure what the APF records are , Probably higher but you would definitly be able to compete at your age.

  15. #15
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by deciever
    see railz, i told you that you should be taking bigger jumps..
    ya i gotta do maxs again in 2 weeks..im gonna take bigger jumps

  16. #16
    RailZ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    96
    Originally posted by GRIMM
    Well , ehat is a great bench to start with. Heres an idea. FL APA 16-17 records for 181 is 335 for 198 is 215. Not sure what the APF records are , Probably higher but you would definitly be able to compete at your age.
    Thanks bro..Thanks for giving me some info on some of the records..I just wondering what im agaisnt in my weight and age..cuz i dont wanna go out there and make a fool of myself.thanks again.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •