jasondd1 is offline Member

New blood work, Ive got issues. Confused?

Ok so after my Doc prescribed me a compounding gel of 200 mg test, .5 mg estradiol, and 8 mg progesterone i did my bloods. I was on for 5 weeks. I have the results below. BTW i was on a 6 week Clomid only protocol prior.

A couple concerns I have looking it over in no particular order.

1.Iron Bind.Cap.(TBIC) 230 range(250-450) Looks like this may be the cause of my high RT3 numbers
    2.Thyroid Antibodies
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 9 range(0-34)
    Anitithtyglobulin Ab <20 range(0-40)
    3.Testosterone Serum 688 range(348-1197) This looks OK
    4.Free Test 10 range(6.8-21.5) This not so much
    5. Reverse T3 Serum 27.7 range(9.2-24.1)
    6. C-Reactive Protein Cardiac .79 range(.00-3.00)
    7. Estradiol Sensitive 11 range(3-70)
    8. TSH .94 range(.45-4.5)
    My E2 has been 11 on all 3 of my labs and I'm even taking .5 mg estradiol in my test compounding cream. And obviously no AI

I am very confused. I think I want to go to pinning. This just doesnt seem to be working. I am also very curious by the thyroid numbers. Do have hypothyroidism?

The good news is by DHEA is up and my IGF-1 went from 100 to 166 in 5 weeks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lab test 3-20-13(4).png 
Views:	620 
Size:	176.5 KB 
ID:	135806Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lab test 3-20-13(3).png 
Views:	1375 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	135805Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lab test 3-20-13(2).jpg 
Views:	1649 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	135804Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lab test 3-20-13.png 
Views:	1743 
Size:	137.5 KB 
ID:	135803Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lab test 3-20-13(5).png 
Views:	694 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	135807
    Last edited by jasondd1; 03-20-2013 at 10:29 AM.

bump

bump

Vettester is offline Banned
    Jason, you are looking at hyperthyroidism, not hypo. Your thyroid appears to be overactive. Has your doctor discusssed Graves disease with you, or other autoimmune diseases?

I suspect your medication (gel) is doing more converting to DHT, instead of E2. I would discuss the injections with your doctor (as mentioned), which should help with the downstream conversion to E2.

Your ALT/AST enzymes are off the charts! Are you drinking, or/and taking a lot of medications. Your liver is talking my friend, what is it saying?

Can you catch us up with your current stats, medications, lifestyle activities that might be contributing to any conditions you have? You don't have to get too personal, just give us anything pertinent that will help us get a better idea with your program. I take it you did a clomid protocol because you were shutdown, and the doctor felt he could get your HPTA working again?

I almost never drink. I drank heavily in my 20's, I am 43 now. I have also done several prohormone cycles over the years. I eat clean and workout every day. I am 6ft 4 in and 230. My BF is around 12-15% and use to go as low as 8% when I could cut down to 210 pounds or so. Tried last summer and would not budge thats when I found out I had low test. Started with a cream it raised it from 320 to 409. Then wanted to try clomid, I talked her into it and it raise to around 600 but crashed everything else. My IGF-1 dances around some but my estradiol stays at 11 even with adding estradiol to my cream.

My ALT and AST were both 23 just 5 weeks ago, and my AST was 61 and my ALT was 98 on in Dec of 2012.

How in the world can they jump like that? I am even more worried now

I thought high RT3 meant hypo not hyper. My T3 is fine. My doc has mentioned auto immune in the past.

Now that i think about it I was taking more aleave then usual. I had a feww minor twinges from running and took up 3-6 in a day. Not the entire time but several days.
    Last edited by jasondd1; 03-20-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Jason, my first glance was at the TSH (my bad). Low TSH is sometimes a marker for hyperthyroidism, but you're right, the elevated RT3 might indicate other wise. Do you also have any FT4 and FT3 labs? There could be a variety of reasons for the elevated RT3, including stress. The ALT/AST readings might be hinting something here, since after all the liver is doing the converting of T4 to RT3. Did your doctor by chance run cortisol, ferritin, and possibly B12? What does the doctor think on this? Autoimmune can be interpreted pretty openly, so hopefully the doc is looking a little deeper.

Don't wig out too much on the enzymes, just make sure the doctor is doing his/her job. Your doctor should be ruling out hepatitis and other liver disorders. However, take inventory of everything you're putting into your body. I'll tell you this, a few years ago, my enzymes were up around the 100 mark. I'm thinking WTF!! I don't drink, I'm doing it by the book, ... Turned out it was something simple as Niacin. I stopped the Niacin, ran labs again in a few months, and I was down in the 20's.

Ferritin was 106 range(30-400)

T4 1.46 range(.82-1.77)

no t3, cortisol or b12

It's all guess work at this point, Jason, but the indicators are pointing me towards the liver. The liver converts T4 to RT3, and a stressed liver would lead me to think that's the culprit. Exactly why is this occurring? That's the guess work. I went through a litany of issues before TRT, which actually led to a liver biopsy. In my case, it was needed to check for hemochromatosis. Which BTW, your ferritin looks fine, but iron needs to come up.

Im beginning to wonder if fixing my thyroid problems would regulate test as well. Ive got an appointment for next tuesday with my doc. Im thinking about ordering some t3 from our sponsor. I blamed my lethargy on low test but maybe a little t3 might do the trick until I bring my iron up.

Anyone have any input on my thyroid numbers. I see my Doc on Tuesday. The one thing i dont have numbers on is T3, do you think she should test for it or is there enough info from the other numbers to go ahead and go on t3? Also could this be what caused my low T or is it just another separate problem?

Thread Information