bcap is offline Member

Harris Benedict & BMR

Hey guys

I've got a question, I downloaded an excel graph somewhere on this site which does all the BMR and HB calculations for me saying how much of what I need to be eating.

Now every site I go to gives me a different BMR.

My stats are: weight 193, height 71.5 inches, age: 18, sex: male, bf%: around 20

I am currently eating at 2100 calories, 270g pro, 60g fat (efa mostly) and 101g carb. Shoudl I be changing this? I got what I shoudl be eating (calories/gram wise) off of someone on the board here, but the excel sheet is giving me something totally different.

Let me see if i get this right.

Take my BMR (where do you guys go to calc yours? is there an equation?) and multiply it by 1.55 (moderately active - I workout 5 times a week, run 6).

I then take around 700-ish calories off that and that's what i need to cut, carbs and pro have 4 calories per gram and fat has 9. So that's how I would divide it up, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    just goggle for Harris Benedict and you will find alot of webpages where you just enter all your info and it gives you your BMR.

if you want to drop weight you should be around 500kcal below maintanance. But the BMR you get is only a rough estimate. You need to experiment with different ammounts and combinations of macronutrients. But start of with what the harris tells you and tweak from there. Its a excelent starting point.

you got the kcal in protein and fat right

2100 calories, 270g pro, 60g fat (efa mostly) and 101g carb sounds about right. But do not consume 60 grams of EFA's/Day. 20 is plenty. make the rest mono unsaturated fats like olive oil. also on workout days drop fat in favor of carbs

bcap is offline Member
    see as i revise my diet, i am looking at 50/35/15 ratio ... on workout days i'll up the carbs and lower the fats

Thread Information