Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy

Why the necessity for long (6 month+) runs of GH?

First off, I am not arguing against the practise as there seems to be overwhelming anecdotal evidence in favour of it, nor am I trying to find a cheap alternative as I am personally 4 months into a 8 month+ jin run, I am just trying to understand why it is necessary.
    The most often quoted reason seems to be that ones IGF levels are raised over time, this is the part that I don't fully understand as I was under the impression that GH and the resultant IGF is in and out of the body in a matter of hours - so how does it "build up" over the weeks & months?

goose is offline Banned
    Well it`s all about getting the best results you can from HGH. The effects of this hormone are also most pronounced when it is used for longer periods of time, often many months long (6 months). Some do use it for shorter periods, but generally only when looking for fat loss.I have heard people doing 4 week cycles For this purpose.Other drugs also need to be used in conjunction with HGH in order to elicit the best results. Your body seems to require an increased amount of thyroid hormones, insulin and androgens while HGH levels are elevated (HGH therapy in fact is shown to lower thyroid and insulin levels). This shows that you need a cycle of a number of things to get the most from your HGH,taking a number of months.It`s a good question notsmall,let`s see what the others say...

goose...

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Well it`s all about getting the best results you can from HGH. The effects of this hormone are also most pronounced when it is used for longer periods of time, often many months long (6 months). Some do use it for shorter periods, but generally only when looking for fat loss.I have heard people doing 4 week cycles For this purpose.Other drugs also need to be used in conjunction with HGH in order to elicit the best results. Your body seems to require an increased amount of thyroid hormones, insulin and androgens while HGH levels are elevated (HGH therapy in fact is shown to lower thyroid and insulin levels). This shows that you need a cycle of a number of things to get the most from your HGH,taking a number of months.It`s a good question notsmall,let`s see what the others say...

goose...
    I hear ya goose, I am also running T3, insulin and AAS in order to get the most out of my GH, I am just interested to hear by what mechanism GH only becomes effective over longer runs, I frequently hear people stating that anything less that 6 months is a waste and I am not refuting this but would like to understand why.

goose is offline Banned
    It`s like the claimed half-life for IGF is 6 hours,that is BALL.Where did this number come from? You got it Anabolic forum`s all over the net,it spreads like disease.I think this number of 6 months is a similar thing,but have to agree the longer your on HGH greater the results.

goose...

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    interesting question "Tiny".......................will be watching this and waiting for some answers............................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    It`s like the claimed half-life for IGF is 6 hours,that is BALL.Where did this number come from? You got it Anabolic forum`s all over the net,it spreads like disease.I think this number of 6 months is a similar thing,but have to agree the longer your on HGH greater the results.

goose...
    Yup, people hear something and repeat it and on it goes, before long it is an established internet "fact".

I've been (unsuccessfully) trying to find a post I read ages ago by Mallet saying how in his opinion you can very effectively take advantage of the nutrient shuttling capabiities of GH combined with slin PWO on much shorter runs.

Quote Originally Posted by booz
    interesting question "Tiny".......................will be watching this and waiting for some answers............................
    ahhh yes booz you are like a God to me,i worship the very ground you walk on...
    Last edited by Booz; 03-24-2006 at 08:39 AM.

luvinlife28 is offline New Member

Progress

I am currently running a 5/2 4 i.u. per day cycle of jin. Are you doing anything else with that. What kinds of progress have you made and when did you start seeing results. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

luvinlife28 is offline New Member

Progress2

I am 30. Weigh About 190 5'10. had experience with test, win, deca . 5th time using gear. I want to lean down as I have always had a problem with visceral fat and I diet well and exercise regularly.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Right on!
    Last edited by Ufa; 04-02-2006 at 11:50 PM.

toolman is offline Banned
    First off, I am not arguing against the practise as there seems to be overwhelming anecdotal evidence in favour of it, nor am I trying to find a cheap alternative as I am personally 4 months into a 8 month+ jin run, I am just trying to understand why it is necessary.
    The most often quoted reason seems to be that ones IGF levels are raised over time, this is the part that I don't fully understand as I was under the impression that GH and the resultant IGF is in and out of the body in a matter of hours - so how does it "build up" over the weeks & months?
    Redbaron explained this awhile back. It has to due with buildup of igf values in the liver. It takes time before they get to a level where they start to make changes. Further, gh is an extremely subtle drug in that you will not notice any immediate changes where as most AS will produce immediate and dramatic results. THe longer you are on, the more of these changes can take place.

Hmm, interesting, it would also seem that GH usage may negatively affect short term memory as I cannot recall posting this

Either that or that cockney fairy booz has already started abusing his new found power

Quote Originally Posted by luvinlife28
    I am currently running a 5/2 4 i.u. per day cycle of jin. Are you doing anything else with that. What kinds of progress have you made and when did you start seeing results. Thanks
    Hey luvinlife, no offence bro but it would be better if you started your own thread and posted your questions in there

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Redbaron explained this awhile back. It has to due with buildup of igf values in the liver. It takes time before they get to a level where they start to make changes. Further, gh is an extremely subtle drug in that you will not notice any immediate changes where as most AS will produce immediate and dramatic results. THe longer you are on, the more of these changes can take place.
    Yeah, I thought Redbaron would be the guy to ask, I was going to PM him and ask him to take a peek at this thread but he hasn't logged on in ages.
    If you could dig up where he posted about it that would be great
    What I would like clarifying about this build up of IGF is that I was under the impression that IGFs lifespan in the body was shortlived i.e. hours, so how does it build up?
    I am not questioning RB's knowledge on the subject for one second, I just can't quite get my head around the above.

Hmm, interesting, it would also seem that GH usage may negatively affect short term memory as I cannot recall posting this

Either that or that cockney fairy booz has already started abusing his new found power

I gotta admit, I did laugh pretty hard when i saw your edit!

I gotta admit, I did laugh pretty hard when i saw your edit!
    couldnt resist it mate.....................

couldnt resist it mate.....................
    Just noticed your Modhood booz, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Just noticed your Modhood booz, congrats!
    appreciated mate thanx................

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya goose, I am also running T3, insulin and AAS in order to get the most out of my GH, I am just interested to hear by what mechanism GH only becomes effective over longer runs, I frequently hear people stating that anything less that 6 months is a waste and I am not refuting this but would like to understand why.
    for mass?
    for fat loss?

anyway i think:little increments in results, accumulated over long periods and maybe works through blocking myostatin (over 8 ius block 20-40 %).

Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    and maybe works through blocking myostatin (over 8 ius block 20-40 %).
    I did not know this, where did the figure of 20-40% come from?

but sry to maybe hujack a bit is it true that it will grow the cancer cells as well????? every one has cancer cells so if it will make them bigger you are in more danger of a cancer! what do you think? thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by arnold_of_malta
    but sry to maybe hujack a bit is it true that it will grow the cancer cells as well????? every one has cancer cells so if it will make them bigger you are in more danger of a cancer! what do you think? thank you?
    Start your own thread bro, or better yet run a search - this has been discussed many times.

So no one has a definitive answer as to why GH must be run a minimum of 6 months?

And yet we all continue to tell people that this is the way it must be done.

fred9 is offline Member
    if the reason is: because it takes a while to buildup igf values in the liver...why not just take igf in that case...there should be more reasons of the long term thing of hgh

j martini is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred9
    if the reason is: because it takes a while to buildup igf values in the liver...why not just take igf in that case...there should be more reasons of the long term thing of hgh
    That opens up a whole other question.

If the main reason for muscle growth on GH is caused by elavated igf1 levels and gains with growth are said to happen gradually over time then why are cycles of igf1 itself recomended to be short in duration as igf1 receptors quickly become saturated.

I posted this question along time ago with no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    That opens up a whole other question.

If the main reason for muscle growth on GH is caused by elavated igf1 levels and gains with growth are said to happen gradually over time then why are cycles of igf1 itself recomended to be short in duration as igf1 receptors quickly become saturated.

I posted this question along time ago with no reply.
    I have always heard you keep igf cycles short to reduce the chance of insulin resistance.

I did not know this, where did the figure of 20-40% come from?
    scientific studies,later, i will post it.

wrong,buildup igf values in the liver are almost inmediatly (days)

"High Dose Growth Hormone Exerts an Anabolic Effect at Rest and during Exercise in Endurance-Trained Athletes
    M. L. Healy, J. Gibney, D. L. Russell-Jones, C. Pentecost, P. Croos, P. H. Sönksen and A. M. Umpleby
    Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, GKT School of Medicine, St. Thomas Hospital, London, United

r-hGH-treated

------------------ Baseline --------- 1Wk-----------4 Wk--------- /Placebo-
    IGF-I (nmol/liter) 24.6 ± 3.0 / 89.6 ± 12.21-- 106.3 ± 16.41/ 25.8 ± 2.7-- 25.4 ± 2.7-- 25.2 ± 2.6
    fT3 (pmol/liter) 5.1 ± 0.3 6.0 ± 0.12 6.1 ± 0.22 4.8 ± 0.2 4.9 ± 0.2 4.8 ± 0.1
    fT4 (pmol/liter) 15.5 ± 1.5 11.5 ± 1.02 10.6 ± 0.92 15.8 ± 1.6 15.6 ± 1.7 15.8 ± 1.5
    Testosterone (nmol/liter) 18.3 ± 3.2 18.5 ± 3.4 18.5 ± 3.3 16.7 ± 2.6 16.3 ± 2.6 16.4 ± 2.2
    Glucose (mmol/liter) 4.7 ± 0.3 5.5 ± 0.5 5.3 ± 0.2 4.5 ± 0.4 4.2 ± 0.2 4.4 ± 0.3
    Insulin (mU/liter) 7.9 ± 1.6 22.6 ± 3.92 16.0 ± 9.32 6.0 ± 0.3 5.6 ± 1.9 9.3 ± 2.4
    HOMA IR 1.4 ± 0.2 5.1 ± 1.02 3.3 ± 0.62 1.1 ± 0.4 1.0 ± 0.3 1.6 ± 0.5
    Total cholesterol (mmol/liter) 4.3 ± 0.3 4.0 ± 0.5 4.1 ± 0.3 3.4 ± 0.3 3.3 ± 0.3 3.5 ± 0.6
    Triglyceride 1.1 ± 0.2 2.0 ± 0.5 1.3 ± 0.1 0.6 ± 0.1 0.7 ± 0.1 0.5 ± 0.1
    LDL cholesterol (mmol/liter) 2.6 ± 0.3 2.2 ± 0.3 2.3 ± 0.3 1.6 ± 0.4 1.6 ± 0.3 1.6 ± 0.5
    HDL cholesterol (mmol/liter) 1.2 ± 0.1 1.0 ± 0.1 1.1 ± 0.1 1.5 ± 0.1 1.5 ± 0.1 1.7 ± 0.2
    Body weight (kg) 74.4 ± 1.1 76.5 ± 1.72 77.9 ± 1.62 74.9 ± 3.4 74.9 ± 3.4 74.7 ± 3.3
    Lean body mass (kg) 57.6 ± 1.1 61.0 ± 1.22 61.6 ± 2.5 61.8 ± 2.4
    Total body fat (kg) 11.4 ± 1.4 11.6 ± 1.7 9.8 ± 1.9 10.1 ± 2.0
    Trunk fat (kg) 4.7 ± 0.7 4.5 ± 0.9 2.8 ± 0.9 2.8 ± 0.9

There was no change in igf-I levels in the placebo-treated group throughout the observation period. In contrast, in the r-hGH-treated group, IGF-I levels rose markedly, reaching levels outside the physiological range (P < 0.001; Table 2 ). These changes occurred within 7 d of commencing r-hGH administration and did not change further over the remaining 21-d period of r-hGH administration.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 03-26-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Triposinator is offline Associate Member
    Interesting Info! What were the dosages used?

"High Dose Growth Hormone Exerts an Anabolic Effect at Rest and during Exercise in Endurance-Trained Athletes
    M. L. Healy, J. Gibney, D. L. Russell-Jones, C. Pentecost, P. Croos, P. H. Sönksen and A. M. Umpleby
    Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, GKT School of Medicine, St. Thomas Hospital, London, United

fred9 is offline Member
    damn thats good info oswaldo...never seen it before...any more info about it how much hgh were used etc.

Here's a link to a similar (shorter time) study

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/con...8/11/5221#SEC2

The dosage was:

at a dose of 0.067 mg/kg body weight daily

Anybody know how to convert mg to IUs?

damn thats good info oswaldo...never seen it before...any more info about it how much hgh were used etc.
    between 5 and 6 mg daily.

1.33 mg around 4 ius.

Hard Head is offline Member
    between 5 and 6 mg daily.

1.33 mg around 4 ius.
    Now that's just stupid. You are quoting a study that discusses that kind of dosages? For me, 127 kilos, that's like 25 iu's a day. Yeah, can you say sleepy and poor?

It wasn't sited as a guide for dosing....it was sited for info regarding the speed of IGF buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Now that's just stupid. You are quoting a study that discusses that kind of dosages? For me, 127 kilos, that's like 25 iu's a day. Yeah, can you say sleepy and poor?

Hard Head is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triposinator
    It wasn't sited as a guide for dosing....it was sited for info regarding the speed of IGF buildup.
    OK, speed at (literally) what cost? Makes no sense to me to even view this in the context of BB. I dunno?

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    OK, speed at (literally) what cost? Makes no sense to me to even view this in the context of BB. I dunno?
    Well BBs could use 18ius ed for 4 weeks as a loading phase I suppose in order to avoid the long wait before the results start coming in, sides would probably be fairly severe though if you jumped in at 18iu ed!

goose is offline Banned
    Why 6 months? Why not 4 months? Why not 7 months? Is the best HGH cycle for life? We just don`t know,I`m going to stick with 10 months on 2 months off.To be honest it all means very little,it`s all about the dose to get results I want.It`s all a little overated,all about the dose....but I`m with my boy nots here.......................

Thanks RB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information