Loki387 is offline Junior Member

Benefits (If any) of taxking Glucose (Dextrose) powder with Creatine Monohydrate?

Hey all,

Does anyone know of any benefits of taking glucose (dextrose) powder with Creatine Monohydrate besides sweetening ?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well, the idea is that a simple sugar will spike insulin levels, which will then help shuttle the creatine into muscle cells more efficiently.
    It certainly works, but I don't know if the strain on your pancreas and high sugar intake is worth it in the long run, as it could accelerate the onset of type II diabtetes.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 11-08-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Well I only take 1 teaspoon of creatine 40min before working out.. And I was told to take it with 2 teaspoons of the glucose .. However I don't think that it's necessary

fit4ever180 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Well, the idea is that a simple sugar will spike insulin levels, which will then help shuttle the creatine into muscle cells more efficiently.
    It certainly works, but I don't know if the strain on your pancreas and high sugar intake is worth it in the long run, as it could accelerate the onset of type II diabtetes.
    ^^^Agreed... I also don't think it's necessary since you should be consuming adequate carbs throughout the day (unless you're cutting/prepping) to satiate energy needs without having intake simple sugars.

Quote Originally Posted by fit4ever180 View Post
    ^^^Agreed... I also don't think it's necessary since you should be consuming adequate carbs throughout the day (unless you're cutting/prepping) to satiate energy needs without having intake simple sugars.

The Dextrose was given for free along with my creatine purchase.. I realize that most supplement store sales people are about as smart as paris hilton, so wanted additional input.

Thread Information