Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: Best Protein - Australia

Recusant is offline New Member

Best Protein - Australia

Hiya,

There is such a massive variety of protein powders available it's crazy. My last lot was "International Protein" which was recommended by the shop as the best value. I'm not sure it's possible, for me at least, to determine what brand might be better than another. My bet is "it's not that simple" :/

I think (open to change my view) that i'm interested in both a WPI and a slower release protein. I have no interest in casein and i have no interest in a powder that gives many hours of 'release'.

Views are plentiful, but Australia has different manufacturers and availability. Does anyone have any input for the locale? Thanks.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    I get all my protein and aminos from these two places, been using Bulk Nutrients for years. Both are very reputable and have been around in Aus for a while. I don't know why anyone buys brand name protein in Aus with the price and quality of these guys!

www.bulknutrients.com.au

www.nobullsupplements.com.au/

Wow, they are cheap all right. How do they taste? Is there a 'quality' difference? Or is that just Bull?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    bulknutrients

Quote Originally Posted by Recusant View Post
    Wow, they are cheap all right. How do they taste? Is there a 'quality' difference? Or is that just Bull?
    IMO quality is better than any brand name product and they taste damn good, might not be as sweet as some brand names but I would rather a quality protein over some sickly sweet watered down product. They don't use fillers and extras that weaken/dilute their products, just protein and flavouring.

Their protein is sourced from Fonterra, that should speak for itself!

boxa06 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Want_Abs View Post
    I get all my protein and aminos from these two places, been using Bulk Nutrients for years. Both are very reputable and have been around in Aus for a while. I don't know why anyone buys brand name protein in Aus with the price and quality of these guys!

www.bulknutrients.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    bulknutrients
    I can't believe I haven't seen this site until now! What flavors do you recommend??

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Check out Synthetek. I use their Synthepure whey isolate exclusively and absolutely love it.
    Marsoc likes this.

MikeRazz is offline Junior Member
    what about in the US? im tired of pissing money away to designer protiens that dont really do crap..

Quote Originally Posted by boxa06 View Post
    I can't believe I haven't seen this site until now! What flavors do you recommend??
    Mate, they are the best! As I said previously I havn't bought brand name protein in years... I use No Bull for my WPI as when you buy 5kg you van have 5 different flavours whereas no other company does this and their range of flavours is pretty good. They only have 2 WPC flavours though so for WPC I use Bulk Nutrients as it's margnially cheaper. They both get their protein supply from Fonterra and only add enough flavour + sweetner to get a decent taste so all in all they are both quality!

No Bull WPI - Mango rocks! Choc Coconut is also great, Choc Mint is a little mentholy but still ok.

Bulk Nutrients WPC - Chocolate is the best (can't really stuff up chocolate), all the other flavours are good and I cycle between them all just to change it up.

I also use Bulk Nutrients vanilla flavoured Micellar Casein, this stuff mixes 100%, not like any other casein. The stuff is fantastic! I should note that with all my protein shakes even PWO I mix 50/50 with this Micellar Casein which gives it a more creamy flavour (the creamy flavour is not my reason for mixing the 2 though haha)
    Last edited by I_Want_Abs; 11-22-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRazz View Post
    what about in the US? im tired of pissing money away to designer protiens that dont really do crap..
    Not sure about bulk powder suppliers within the US. Do some googling for bulk protein and bulk amino acids within the US and see what pops up. If there are any they sholdn't be too hard to track down on the net.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    Check out Synthetek. I use their Synthepure whey isolate exclusively and absolutely love it.
    Agreed.

I ordered and they delivered the next day! From Tasmania (to Canberra). Wow.

Tell me, is "HWPI" worth it? That's what i got, but i've never had it before. What's so special over WPI?

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Wait are you not able to order stuff off bulk nutrients if your in the US?

gillchase is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Want_Abs View Post

www.bulknutrients.com.au

Thanks for this - great prices.
    Can they supply Anavar on request?

tuffsupps is offline New Member
    I get all my products Tuff Supps that is an Australian company especially the protein powder, love the WPI, feels thicker and taste as amazing when you make it into a smoothie

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffsupps View Post
    I get all my products Tuff Supps that is an Australian company especially the protein powder, love the WPI, feels thicker and taste as amazing when you make it into a smoothie

This post is from 2012 lol

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    This post is from 2012 lol
    Probably the member that bumped it is a rep for their own interests (judging by the member name and the name of the product they are reviewing).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    O lol. Was going to say. Kangaroo is the highest protein packed meat I heard.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffsupps View Post

i tried tuffsupps and the quality is really bad, the WPI tastes like cheap WPC and it gets caught in my throat- i think they skimp on quality too and its full of fillers.

Thread Information