Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ColdSore is offline Banned
    20% off the retail price thats jacked up 40%....saves money my ass!!!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    GNC sucks my asshole

someday is offline Member
    Man, i got home today and guess what was sitting on my counter. A bottle of NO2 and a 5lb tub of GNC protien. My roommate went shopping today...poor bastard. I told him we'll just drink the protien and give the NO2 to the pitbull until its almost out then return it for some $.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    oh yea

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Ah come on, nobody like GNC?

Nope unless people like getting ripped off. Why would you buy something 40% higher than any other store?

Cdub is offline Associate Member
    I used to steal stuff and then return it for what i couldnt steal. Or i would buy stuff take half out, return it and buy it again and return it again.

TheNewSteel is offline New Member
    I buy my stuff at the vitamin shoppe, some places online are cheaper, but after shipping they cost more.
    Plus at the vitamin shoppe i'm always getting coupons for like $10 off $40 or more
    So I can get a 10 pound thing of N-Large for $32 a lot of the time

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    haha...im just waiting for GNCGUY to step in here...i remember he got in a heated argument a few weeks ago over this...where are ya???

Oh and fuck GNC, fuck NO2, and fuck the gold card.

LoL, GNC's hella overpriced.........fuck gnc.

KappaKracker69 is offline New Member
    50.00 for 6 servings? Goddamn bro. But yah, I don't know a single employee at any GNC anywhere that knows much of anything at all. I only go to the clearance rack anyway, everything else, even non-GNC brands, are overpriced in that store. You could go to another store and find the same shit for 20% off that price. GNC is ridiculous period, I dunno how it's stayed open so long.
    Allen

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I was in the mall today and I was alomost tempted to go into a GNC and fuck with the store clerk, but I decided not to waste my time
    abstrack@protonmail.com

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    some clerks are a joke, there are a few that know their shit. i learned all my shit from a guy that coaches people on juice so i learned a lot of good shit about AS and basically all the sports supplements. my point is, there are a lot of dumbass people, but there are afew that know some shit.......JMPO. fuck gnc

repeatoffender is offline Junior Member
    I can't imagine working there and having to lie to people all the time to make commission. They are big with their employees on how they can make as much as they want because of commission. However, the stuff that is commissioned usually sucks, and that weight gainer is the worst stuff you can ever try to drink.
    I used to work at a marine store, and the electronics that were good were rarely commissioned, and the stuff that sucked usually had some money on it so people would push the crap to make a few dollars, all the while feeding b/s to customers. Terrible way to go about your job...

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    2. They work on comission and each month you get more commission on certain products (if you sell liquid creatine you get like 4 dollars for a bottle), so if you go in GNC and ask what is a great creatine i bet you 99.9% of the time they say liquid creatine.

4. We are suppose to ask at least 7 (literally) questions to every customer so we get more commission.
    A. Do you have a GNC gold card?
    B. Are you taking a multivitamin?
    C. If you buy one the second it is half off.
    D. Would you like to try a free sample?
    E. Hi my name is ___ are you finding everything ok?
    (I forgot the other 2)

5. They send in mystery shoppers in the store and if you dont push GNC suppliments you get written up.
    That's any retail business, not just GNC.

Hero is offline Junior Member
    Ok, you go to ANY health store and i promise you that the person behind the counter doesnt know everything. Because if they did know everything about supplements then they probably wouldnt be at a job making 8 bucks an hour. if you dont like the weight gainer then dont fucking buy it, all it is is calories, its not like it doesnt work it just tastes like shit.....who gives a fuck, know what you want before you go in so you dont have to talk to the person behind the desk. damn

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    GNC, gnc??? I LOVE THAT PLACE.

that is not any retail buisness i worked in 4 while in high school and GNC was by far the worst. And if you go into a car dealership and know what car you want, you still ask questions about the car to the salesman.

ok....buying a car and buying protein are a little different. The only question youd have to ask is where its at, and if you dont like the price then shop online and dont talk to anyone.

i do shop online and have saved tons of money at allsportsnutrition.com

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmmm.... I would have to say that I take offense to some of the comments made in this thread. I work for GNC, and although I haven't tatied the the name on my ass, I though I might clarify a few things.

There are many good points that everyone has brought up. Many employees do not know their shit. Many will lie through their teeth to get you to buy the latest and greatest commission product. Many stores are run differently (for ex. corporate stores and franchises). Their prices are artificially set high so that by buying a Gold Card, you establish loyalty to that store. This is all true and as EXCESS said, are also true for any retail business. This is SALES and nothing more.

However, I personally beleive that for 20 yrs. old., I have a better grasp on diet and supplemental knowledge than all of my friends and many adults. In my spare time (as a hobby) I enjoy learning about nutirition and fitness. This hobbby caries over into my job. When a customer somes into my store, I do not lie, I do not bullshit and I am completly honest about what I sell and make. If a young kid comes and asks me how to get big, I tell them to lift big, eat big, sleep big. If he can't afford to eat chicken and rice every 2 hours, then he should buy protein powder.

I recommend that people try the GNC 100% Whey protein because it is the most cost effective at my store. I have used EAS Simply Whey, Opt. Nut., Designer Whey, ProLab Whey and Ectdyvone and Nitro Tech. I try and buy whatever's cheapest and relay my experience to the customer. I use GNC 100% becuase it is cheap, tastes (IMO) as good as Opt Nut., and have had good results with it. Thats what I say, nothing less, nothing more. Don't like it? I'll give you your money back, you can put it towards some fucking Nitro-Tech and I'll make $3 off your ass.

SOMEDAY-You actually let someone convince you that an $80 bottle of Arginine (NO2) will make you huge? I'm glad you got your cash back, bro. Do you research first...You should know by now, Diet is #1.

Nickrizz-Please don't take offense, bro, but I don't know if you would make it as a sales rep anywhere, much less GNC. I know how to get those 5 questions out without sounding like I'm reading a list. I know who comes in all the time and who knows their shit. I see my customers in the gym and tell them when stuff goes on sale. Stuff that they buy anyways. I tell the guy who always buys boxes of Met-Rx about the $10 boxes of Met-Rx lite this week. Makes me money and saves them money.

Understand that my customers come back becuase I know what the fuck I am talking about. Not like the deusche bag fat kid who gives everyone his emp. discount and sells all his football friends NO2.

I apolgize for the long post, but some should choose their words more carfully. I agree, you can't beat $50 for Opt. Nut. shipped to your door from youknowwhere.com. But for now, I'll support the store that signs my checks.

Peace

and youknowwhere.com gives me better deals 365 days a year without the sale price.
    Last edited by abstrack; 07-29-2003 at 11:45 PM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

GNCs like any other health food store just a little more expensive. no shit you can get anything online cheaper, but if i dont want to wait the 10 fucking days for shipping then ill spend an extra 5 bucks at GNC. why you so sour nuckrizz? i used to work at gnc too, its a franchise so i didnt make comission off of anything. flgator made some good points. and hes right when he says you wouldnt make a good sales rep. if you dont like gnc that much then just stay the fuck out and keep your negative ass attitude to yourself......late

Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    GNCs like any other health food store just a little more expensive. no shit you can get anything online cheaper, but if i dont want to wait the 10 fucking days for shipping then ill spend an extra 5 bucks at GNC. why you so sour nuckrizz? i used to work at gnc too, its a franchise so i didnt make comission off of anything. flgator made some good points. and hes right when he says you wouldnt make a good sales rep. if you dont like gnc that much then just stay the fuck out and keep your negative ass attitude to yourself......late
    why would you wait 10 fucking days??? thats is just stupid!! Every where I shop online has a 3 day turn around max, and if it that important for you to get your supplement you should be ordering before you run out. That is just common sense!! If nick wants to express his opinion about GNC and their shitness, he has every right to do so. If he want to express it on this board and let other members know about their shitness, than that is his fucking right also!! So before you start to tell people how to act and how they should conduct themselves on this board, sit back and take control of your own actions.
    Once you become a MOD or a Admin than this right is yours but untill that day, than you keep your opinion to yourself.

--and 5 dollars more?? try 10-20 dollars more in difference
    Last edited by abstrack; 07-30-2003 at 08:46 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is on the $$$ again...the total point of this thread should have been to show how GNC is a corporate retail company that fucks 90% of their customers in the ass with high prices, and that EVERYONE on this board should support allsportsnutrition.com because of the simple fact that they sponser this board....with out allsports this board would not be in existance.

flg- im glad you know what the hell your talking about, if you worked at the stores in my town i might come in to bull shit and see if there were any deals...but the thing is i have NEVER met a gnc employee that knew shit...in fact the other day my workout partner said that one of them suggested that he get some liquid clen to burn fat...wtf? who knows...people are stupid

Once again support the company that supports this board if you want to keep useing it...its common sense.

I think we ought to make it a new memebr rule that you have to order 10 pounds of protien from all sports before you can even become a member...
    Last edited by ColdStone; 07-30-2003 at 01:41 PM.

gee abstrack, you sure got me there. this arguing is fucking pointless, i dont give a fuck about gnc and i dont give a fuck about what you have to say on this board abstrack, have a nice life.

gee abstrack, you sure got me there. this arguing is fucking pointless, i dont give a fuck about gnc and i dont give a fuck about what you have to say on this board abstrack, have a nice life.
    I can see your not a adult or if you are one you still learning on how to deal with life situations without the help of mommy. Why not just grow up or learn how to communicate with mature people or not even come to this board. With your attitude, your stay will be short here.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Hero...i dont know about everyone else, but i DONT like your attitude. In case you didnt notice, Abstrack is a SENIOR member. Maybe things are different on other boards but i dont think the comments youve made are going to get you very respected around here....maybe you need to rethink why you are on this board?

And F**K lets let this this thread die out before someone gets banned....

someday is offline Member
    Man I cant believe this thread is still going but....Although FL had some good points I feel i must defend myself on this. I believe that no matter where you shop, especially if you're in some kind of health store that people may make decisions based strictly on your word, that you should know about the products that are sold. I bought NO2 becuase the guy told me that others had had good results with it, after trying it I did not and when i took it back another guy told me that everyone brings it back. I can understand thier overpriced...i can get around that, but what I dont like is being lied to or mislead by somebody. And that is what 90% of GNC's employee's are doing to the public. I have seen some of the most out of shape people working at GNC's before giving advice to others on how to workout and which supps to take. I know you cant train everyone on everything, but shouldn't there be some kind of basic training for the supp's rather than.....take creatine..it works for everyone...or take protien everyone else does when they lift weights. I guess from now on Ill listen to my own advice and never trust a skinny chef again.

At any rate, im changing my opinion of GNC from here on out. I love the place and i love NickRizz cause ever since he told me about thier return policy i dont think im ever going to have to pay for protien again!!!!
    Any how peace out Eat Big.

Dueces

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    Me and all my friends just share a gold card so whenever we want something we just use the one card. You can use it with any purchase on any product. Some of the sales people are very pushy and obviously are jsut selling commision items.

Otherwise, never had a problem.

Nixter.

Quote Originally Posted by FrkyBgStok
    hey now, that gold card saves ou A LOT of money....fuckers.

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I would Never shop GNC to much $$ not worth it.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Unexpectedly ran out of glutamine, picked up 1.3 lbs for $50. Found some more on the net for $47 for 3.6 lbs. Like the old 50's gospel hymn sez, "My momma told me, ya better shop around" . . .

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    i used to be an asst. manager there and got canned becuase i would'nt bug my customers with all the damn questions. Altough all the people that worked at ours gnc knew thier shit i still wouldnt shop there. But i will tell ya what i made some damn good money working at that joint

Grant is offline Member
    Based on principle, fuck that place. I used to work there too. I would feel better selling cigarettes to five year olds than working there. Sorry FLGator, but if your defense of that place is the fact that they sign your checks, you could be an advocate for McDonalds then. They sign people's checks too. You obviously have not worked at a real sales job if you think that environment is tolerable. I hope they go down soon and I help everyone rip them off because they rip off thousands including their employees. They are so worried about cutting costs that they ignore the fact that internal theft costs more than giving two dollars above minimum wage. I can't say enough bad things about that place.

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    this is a pretty rediculous thread.. here's what I've come up with..

1) anyone who speaks on behalf of GNC is stupid.
    2) anyone who say anything nice about GNC is not mature.
    3) anyone who likes GNC has an attitude.
    4) anyone who tries to convince people that GNC isn't the source of all evil needs to keep his opinion to himself..
    5) on this board, being a senior member means you should be respected MORE than the average new member, and that unless you are a mod, you have no right to suggest that people behave more politely toward each other..

I don't ever buy from GNC, I search for the best prices online, and I'd never go for convenience over a few dollars saved... I don't work for them nor do I plan to.. All I'm saying is, this thread has turned into a bashing session of something completely unnecessary..

Grant is offline Member
    why would you take personal offense to this thread?

TheTruth is offline New Member

i am the truth

yo true i asked the guy who worked at gnc bout what creatine to take. Of Course he said Liquid creatine (fuckin peice of shit) so i benched his dumb ass through a fuckin window.

P.S. Bench:550 Squat:925 Clean:385

And What, I AM THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    why would you take personal offense to this thread?
    Woah! This thread needs to die. Look, I'm done trying to defend the damn store, cuase nobody here wants to hear it. I understand that. Please understand though, I was completly honest to my customers and was only offering a differing viewpoint. Otherwise, continue to not shop there. Damn, you people need to chill the fuck out.

Slangin Roids is offline Junior Member
    whats a good vitamin to replace Megan Men vitamins so i dont have to go to GNC ever again?

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Slangin Roids
    whats a good vitamin to replace Megan Men vitamins so i dont have to go to GNC ever again?
    Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men is my choice.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    People who shop at GNC pay more, because they pay the "stupid tax"

It serves them right for not shopping around, and doing their homework! I was once ripped off at GNC, I bought alot of protien, and even that stuppid gold card. Then someone smacked me on the back of my head and let me know that I was stuppid. Now I'm learned (hehe) and shop online.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information