Superman03 is offline Junior Member

18 year old + Pro-Hormones = ????

I am 18 years old and I am thinking of taking some pro-hormones. I am curious to hear if anyone would advise against this or has any other advise or tips and any other information to do with the subject.

stillsmall is offline Junior Member
    prohormones would have basically the same effect as roids on yoru body right now.. I hope you wait a couple of years before you mess anything hormonal.. 18 is a good age to build a solid base on nothing but health food and massive amounts of calories..

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    If your a healthy young male, chances are your gonads are producing enough testosterone to kill a man in his early 50's. Unless your needing a little more size, strength, and aggression for a sport your competing in, I would leave them alone, however they may be illegal to buy in a year or two, so mabye you might want to stalk up, depending on the shelf life. Try to stay natural until your at least 22 or 23, you can still take protein powders, creatine, glutamine, and other natural supplements.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I thought that I already have a good base (http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...9&pagenumber=1), and was just thinking about taking it to the next level. But, after thinking it through I think I will wait awhile before trying any serious supplements.

Feli Fly is offline Junior Member
    I would wait. Besides, PH are basically a crummy steroid with a crummy delivery method, and they are much less cost effective. If you are going to use them, mised well use AS unless you cannot/will not for sports personal reasons. BUT...

The bros are right though: at your age, you should not use either one. Chances are you have not yet reached your full adult height, and you have plenty of natural test as it is. Learning what is good training and good nutrition for you (it appears you already have a pretty good idea) will be your best idea. The more you learn your body now, the better you will continue to grow.

For now, I would think you can continue to do great on just good diet (maybe a little supp protein),vitamins, and creatine cycling. Glutamine/weight gainer could also be used, but prolly just creatine and good diet will be great. I say just save your $ for girls and fun stuff; you will be broke soon enough when you start college LOL.

I don't mean to come off cocky, but I do know my shit. I've been training for five years and read everything about bodybuilding I can get my hands on. I don supplement with whey, glutamine, BCAA's and every once in a great while creatine. I'm not just some newbie that is looking for a magic pill. I was just thinking about taking it to the next level. But it looks like I'll have to postpone that for a couple years.

I did not say you were; I said it looks like you have a strong handle... and I don't think anyone else here implied anything negative either.

I know some teens take AS, everyone knows that. That does not make it correct or ok. I know one guy who, well I won't even say what he is currently on as it would be kinda reckless, but I'll just say he is going to teen nationals in Pitt next month and has a very legit shot. He has used many cycles to get to where he is, but he also works very hard. Still, at 19, he is already using more (sometimes much more) AS then a lot of 35 year olds who started using in their early 20s and have used responsibly and taken the proper time off inbetween cycles could grow very well on. Imagine what kind of cycles he will need in a few years. If you have ever seen the kinds of cycles the pros are (supposedly) on, they would blow your mind, you would not even believe some of them.

If (and only if) you are serious about competing in BB, I would say talk to some builders who began AS in their teens (and non buliders who just jumped the gun) and find out what they could have done better and if they regret it. Learn as much as you can going in, and be aware that you probably will quit growing taller if you choose to start. Take the average of your mother's adn your father's height and add 2.5 inches (because you are a guy; women would subtract 2.5). That is approximately how tall you should max out at. If you are not there, be aware that you probably will not get much closer if you started AS.

I am not trying to convince you one way or the other. I said wait, but it it your choice. Are you still growing naturally? I see not way you could not be at age 17 or 18 with natural testosterone as high as it is.
    Last edited by Feli Fly; 06-20-2003 at 05:56 AM.

I'm 5'11 an have grown 1" in the past 2.5 years, and I was projected to be no taller than 6', so I'm pretty sure I am done growing vertically. Sorry if I came of a little defensive, I just wanted to make it clear that I am not just some hot head teenager wanting to get real big real fast. And do remember that I am not planning on taking AS just yet, just some PH's. I know the two can be similar, but they are very different as well.

Originally posted by Superman03
    ...do remember that I am not planning on taking AS just yet, just some PH's. I know the two can be similar, but they are very different as well.
    I know what you mean, but I just think that AS are so much more cost effective and actually carry less sides (because they are not all oral) if used with a lot of research and responsibily.

This article on PH is very good (he addresses "Is it safe for a teenager to take prohormones?" near the end):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catproh.htm

That article is about a year or so old, and this is another PH stack not listed there but worth a look IMO:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/pierce18.htm

I guess anabolicminds.com has a lot of good PH info you could check out too, but I just read mostly on BB.com and on the boards and made my decision that they were not worth it for me. Hope those help a lil.

GNCGUY83 is offline Junior Member
    lol....if you did a PH cycle youd be fine and gain at least 10 lbs. i did my first steroid cycle when i was 18 and nothing bad happened.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Honestly i think you will be fine you wont stunt your growth or anything what PH are you thinking of doing?

you can do prohormones, just take a lower dose. if you get on some good shit you wont regret it and youll keep it all. its all about 1-ad and 4-ad...IMO. late

Quote Originally Posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    what PH are you thinking of doing?
    That was going to be my next question.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I would say do a 1ad and a 4ad cycle works best with tribex for a post cycle I just got done doing mine with 400mgs 1ad ed and 750mgs 4ad ed spread out through the day

Alright man, thanks for the advice. I really do appriciate it.
    I'm still going to wait atleast a month before I decide if I am really going to do them.

mag10 is 1-ad and 4-ad, its expensive but i hear it works damn good.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GNCGUY83
    mag10 is 1-ad and 4-ad, its expensive but i hear it works damn good.

1-AD works well. Im doin 200mg e/d right now and strength is through the roof. Ive only gained a few lbs though. Im 19 btw. I really doubt any light ph cycle is going to hurt you.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    With a low dose cycle of ph you could probably make some good gains. 1ad and 4ad are wonderfull together, but being 18 your test levels are still high, and with prohormones your test levels would only increase a small amount. Some one with your stats could probably gain 10-15 lbs, and keep 8-12 lbs.

TiptronicSoldier is offline Associate Member
    i put on 20+ pounds in a few months with a cycle of ZmassPM and 1-AD. I just turned 19 years old and I believe the supplements helped, but I thank my diet more than the supplements. Im bulking again from 180, trying to get past the 190 barrier, with only creatine, glutamine, flaxseed, multivitamin, whey, chromium, and glucosamine. Im trying to put off juice until as late as i can. Its like trying to not join the much stronger dark side, so tempting.

Your 18 and chances are your body has not completely finished growing your test levels should already be really high bc of still going through puberty with andros at 18 you will definately get a good amount of acne especially behind the arms or on the back. I recomend you go to bodybuilding.com and check out "Big Cats" article on prohormones he tells you everything u need to know along with several sample stacks it is very informative.

Thread Information