SoccerObe is offline Junior Member

phosphogen hp or creatine mono?

I have just currently started workin out a month or so ago now for 5 days a week. I have been taking 4 servings of whey protein a day and i want to add creatine. Should I add creatine monohydrate or Phospogen HP? Which would add more muscle or is it the same thing?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    It's really up to your body. One thing works really well for one person and does nothing for the next person. Most people will probably say creatine monohydrate, but that doesn't put any muscle on you really, it just gets your muscles to retain water.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    If your going to use creatine....take it in the morning on an empty stomach mixed with grape juice

why would i want to use it on an empty stomach?

cb25 is offline Banned
    I wouldn't use grape juice...i would argue to take it post-workout with a PWO shake containing dextrose. Fruit juices are high in fructose, or even worse, high fructose corn syrup...

whats the diff. between dextrose or fructose?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Well, they are both simple sugars. However, they are used differently in the body. Fructose is found mainly in fruits and has a lower GI than dextrose. Basically this means that fructose will create less of a spike in insulin (which you want to drive the creatine into muscle cells). Also, there are debates about the fate of fructose in the body. As i understand it, fructose is used to restore glycogen in the liver, but not as effective in restoring muscle glycogen. Dextrose is also referred to as glucose - it is the simplest sugar and the preferential source of fuel for your body. Because of this, and it's higher GI rating, it's preferable to use in this situation.

so getting somethin like celltech is good but thats way to expensive. is there anything thats like celltech that is less expensive?

cb25 is offline Banned
    you can buy dextrose online, do a search at your favorite online nutrition warehouse...or do a search here, i've seen a few posts on it before.

Just mix that with protein and creatine monohydrate...there you go, that's a post workout shake.

can u not get dextrose ayt a grocery store?

and what is the best kind of creatine mono. that is cheap? any specific brand or type?

and if im already taking protein, wouldnt it be bad if i took creatine also with it?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Ummmm...Phosphagen HP is creatine monohydrate. Phosphagen HP is just creatine with a "transportation" system. Basically it's creatine and Kool Aid. I personally love it and use it versus plain creatine and a carb drink.

well im hearing that u cant take protein and creatine at the same time b/c its pointless, the creatine will not get into ur system because the protein is tryin to already.

cb25 is offline Banned
    i'm not aware of that problem - i've heard a large dose of glutamine can compete for absorption/transporters with creatine, but not whole proteins. As far as I'm concerned, it's fine to take creatine with protein - think about it this way - natural source of creatine = red meat = protein. You're getting both in that source, why wouldn't it work here?

I think the absorption thing is a myth.

ok, just making sure before all this shit

ok, just making sure before i buy all this shit

what could i get in the grocery store that would be a good sourse of dextrose that i could mix with my protein and creatine? somethin like equal packets?

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerObe
    what could i get in the grocery store that would be a good sourse of dextrose that i could mix with my protein and creatine? somethin like equal packets?
    Nope. That won't spike your GI. Go with Gatorade, etc.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Definitely gatorade. Don't use powerade or any other fake beverage that uses High Fructose Corn Syrup (check the label) -

Equal packets are artificial sweeteners which have no caloric value and will not cause an insulin spike. These are great for dieting, but not so great for post-workout nutrition or especially when used with creatine...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I wouldnt take Creatine on an empty stomach, itll give you a bad stomach ache. Take it with water instead of grape juice. But if you wanna get the best effects, take it in the morning on an empty stomach, its absorbed through your bloodstream quickest that way. But thats just me. One supplement effects someone totally differently then how it will effect someone else. Good luck bro,

thx, ya'll all really helped me out. guess im gonna be drinking protein and mixing creatine with gatorade. But when using creatine dont u only use it right before and after u workout after u do the 4 day loading phase?

and whats the best creatine mono. to get that isnt to expensive.

cb25 is offline Banned
    i'm not sure of brands...try to look for a reputable company - or one that guarantees that their product contains what they say it does. I've heard of cheaper companies underdosing their creatine and labeling it otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerObe
    thx, ya'll all really helped me out. guess im gonna be drinking protein and mixing creatine with gatorade. But when using creatine dont u only use it right before and after u workout after u do the 4 day loading phase?
    When using creatine you have to go on a 5-7 day loading phase to saturate your muscle tissue. Dosage goes by body weight - if you weigh less than 170lbs, you would use 5grams/4 times a day. If you weigh between 170-220 lbs, you would use 5 grams/5 times a day . If you weigh over 220lbs, you would use 5 grams/ 6 times a day.

Now after your 5-7 days of loading up, you have to go on a maintenance dosage. Again, this goes by body weight - If you weigh less than 170lbs , you would take up to 5 grams/once a day , preferably right after training. If you weigh over 170lbs, you would take up to 10 grams/once a day (5 grams before you workout and 5 grams after you workout or 10 grams straight on your off day.) All servings on your off day can be taken at anytime.

It's also important to keep all your servings of creatine to at least 2 hours apart (if you don't you'll shit alot!) They should always be taken between meals and most importantly, a serving should be taken before training and another one right after training - ALWAYS! For best results, it should be mixed in a highly glycemic simple carbohydrate drink such as a carb drink, grape juice, grapefruit juice, or water combined with pure dextrose.

thx that helps out alot!

n0_Genetics is offline Associate Member
    taking creatine immed after my workout and protein 20-30mins later is how i go along doing it..you might wanna give it a shot too

Thread Information