Thread: Wrist lifts

Wrist lifts

any one got some good lifts that dont bother your wrists, i have been doing DC type training for a while and am looking for some good tri workouts that wont bother my elbows and wrists, can't do skull crushers or close grip bench, also was looking for some good hammy exercises

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Whats your take/opinions on the DC type method?? Is it working for you??
    As far as wrist and elbow problems go. It depends on what type of injury you have. The only way to work the tri's is elbow extension. They might be aggrevated due to the heavy training or you could have an orthropedic injury?

so far im really diging it man, i have been puting on some size and strength

Quake is offline Member
    Are you using wrist support straps? If not, invest in a pair. You can strengthen forearms, but there's just not a lot of muscle around your wrists, so when you start getting heavy and your wrists are giving in you'll eventually need the support so you can train your muscles.

My wrists are giving in a little on my DB curls, I've noticed lately, so I think I'm gonna need a pair myself soon.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I have that problem too, I found some lifting gloves at wal-mart that have a wrap around wrist support band on them. They were like 8 bucks then a couple days later they were clearanced down to 3. I was pissed.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    My dad showed me a crazy push-up he learned at Oregan (Ducks). Says the Judo and wrestling guys do it. It's supposed to strengthen up the wrists.
    Get down on your knees and get ready for the push-up
    Instead of palms down, turn your palms up, fingers of opposite hands facing each other
    Pinky fingers towards your feet and thumbs toward your head
    Regular push-up starting position

I didn't believe that any one could do a push up like that. He's 50 and he cranked out ten like that. Showed me and shut me up.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I'd say to wrap your elbows and your wrists. You're not going to be able to do too much for you tris that aren't going to involve your elbows. Cable pull downs don't put too much stress on the elbows, and with them wraped, you should be able to do okay.

Floydian is offline Banned
    man thats lift great ! lol

tyciol is offline New Member
    It might depend on the nature of the wrist injury you might have. Do basic pulling forces (deadlift, pullup, rowing) bother the wrists when the force is parallel with the forearm and the wrist is in neutral alignment?

Thread Information