PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

Unhappy serious problem guys

Alright a couple weeks ago I was doing dead lifts and for some reason my right glute went numb and it was so painful I could barely walk. It went away after 5 minutes or so and I was fine.

Well I did deadlifts last night and it did it again but this was worse, not only could I hardly walk without alot of pain but I couldnt even sit either. Like last time, it went away after a few minutes.

What is happening here? I'm thinking I might have injured a nerve in my lower back or glute? I can do squats without any kind of pain so I dont know what to think of it. Just to be safe I'm going to scrap the squats tonight and do extensions instead. I'm in the middle of a cycle and this really sucks I was looking to add some mass doing dead lifts.

Has this ever happened to anyone? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? My doctor won't do **** I know that much. He'll say something like 'well don't do that again and walk it off.' If anyone has any ideas help me out here. Thanks guys..

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Never had this problem. But it does sound like a pinched nerve. Bump

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Are a stinger.

is there anything you can do about a pinched nerve?

birsling is offline Member
    Go to a chiropractor. Have them do a comprehensive exam, and see if some spinal adjustments help. Sometimes something as simple as your hips being different heights can f*** with your spinal alignment and nerve sensations.

birsling is offline Member
    BTW, don't even bother to mention gear, this doesn't sound at all gear related. Unless you hit a nerve during an injection.

I think I might have hit a nerve in my upper thigh during an injection. I wonder if this could have caused it?

ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Sounds to me that you may need an MRI taken. probably a pinched nerve. good luck with that. sounds painful.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg
    I think I might have hit a nerve in my upper thigh during an injection. I wonder if this could have caused it?
    If you hit a nerve, you would know it, not much thinking involved.

Are you warming up well before doing your deads? Is the area that hurts totally ready for the lift? If, yes... see a chiropractor, if no, you found your problem.

I had a similar problem, but with box squats. I solved it by doing a pyramid warm up and kind of twisting-stretching-massaging between sets on the way up to my working sets.

Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    If you hit a nerve, you would know it, not much thinking involved.

Are you warming up well before doing your deads? Is the area that hurts totally ready for the lift? If, yes... see a chiropractor, if no, you found your problem.

I had a similar problem, but with box squats. I solved it by doing a pyramid warm up and kind of twisting-stretching-massaging between sets on the way up to my working sets.

Try it.
    well i know i hit a nerver in my left leg but the problem is on the right side.

Dead lifts are at the end of my routine so I know I am warmed up. but if you have ever felt this you'd know this pain could never be from not warming up. I've injured myself before from not warming up enough and its nothing like this.
    I guess I gotta go see the doc and have him tell me absolutly nothing. I'll go see a chiropractor if this doesnt work I guess.

Thread Information