Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Sorness

  1. #1
    mcvays1's Avatar
    mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    95

    Sorness

    Alright ive been able to get every bodypart except my tri's and shoulders sore. Does this mean I should work them harder?

  2. #2
    Hypertrophy's Avatar
    Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Getting Fat
    Posts
    1,446
    Why do you want to get sore??

  3. #3
    LaRoche's Avatar
    LaRoche is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by mcvays1
    Alright ive been able to get every bodypart except my tri's and shoulders sore. Does this mean I should work them harder?
    Likewise the only muscles that don't "get sore" for me are my shoulders and bis. My muscles are sometimes stiff for about two days after a good training day. Other days they are not sore, despite a hard training session. Having sore muscles is good sometimes because it lets me know that I hit them hard in the gym, or tried a different excercise that really made them burn. I think stiff muscles, however, could also be an indication of diet flaws that prevent optimal recovery. I'm interested to hear other opinions too.

  4. #4
    IronReload04's Avatar
    IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    5,640
    no matter what muscle i work out. i am ALWAYS SORE

  5. #5
    maxamillion is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    197
    SometimesI have a hard time getting my shoulders sore, but i'm gonna try some different lifts.

  6. #6
    bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    2,015
    If you want sore then YES you need to pound them more .. Up your intensity,vary your exercises ,add some more volume. 1 hr you should be done.

  7. #7
    mcvays1's Avatar
    mcvays1 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    If you want sore then YES you need to pound them more .. Up your intensity,vary your exercises ,add some more volume. 1 hr you should be done.
    "If you want sore?" Isnt soreness a good thing?
    Last edited by mcvays1; 09-29-2004 at 10:22 PM.

  8. #8
    ImmmtheIceman's Avatar
    ImmmtheIceman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoche
    Likewise the only muscles that don't "get sore" for me are my shoulders and bis. My muscles are sometimes stiff for about two days after a good training day. Other days they are not sore, despite a hard training session. Having sore muscles is good sometimes because it lets me know that I hit them hard in the gym, or tried a different excercise that really made them burn. I think stiff muscles, however, could also be an indication of diet flaws that prevent optimal recovery. I'm interested to hear other opinions too.
    I agree. My shoulders almost never get sore, except for a burning sensation after doing heavy military presses sometimes. My bis rarely get sore as well, unelss I pound them with negatives

  9. #9
    ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    197
    I try not to gauge my workouts by soreness, I just try to improve on how much weight I push and the quality of the reps, most muscles do become sore.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •