kaorialfred is offline Member

How to tone a 6'ft female

I am helping someone out but I am very limited in my experience with girls. She's about 180 wants to tone up. I told her just do moderate weights with high reps (15)
    she has the pear shape so I am trying to get her to do 45min to hour of cardio? She dosen't want to get bigger just more defined. The one area I don't have her work is the glutes so we try to stay away from leg press or squats. Any other ideas?

Her upper body is fine just minor tweaking but the lower half I'm trying to get some suggestions on how to shrink and tone that area. (butt thighs)

any suggestions or something I may want to try with her?

jgg1221 is offline Member
    leg curls

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    have her do the cardio in the morning on an empty stomach

bump

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Strict diet & cardio and I would have her also do lunges bodyweight. She still needs some form of exercise as she starts to loose some fat. Helps tighten the skin. Abductor/adductor machine too. Twisting with a stick to help waistline. Get her into some aroebics classes if possible. Good luck

I was thinking that right now I have her doing Cardio. She's got the build of a volley ball player or even a dancer. Got her doing the Abductor/add machine high reps. I didn't think about the twisting stick. Good thinking BT!!!

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Hip Extension to directly work the glutes.

mfenske is offline Member
    I think that women who don't lift heavy for fear of getting big are retarded. My wife lifts as heavy as she can for sets of 4-6 reps and has went from a size 18-20 to a 6-8. Unless she's juicing and eating 5,000 calories a day she just WON'T get "big". Also, no matter what she does if her diet sucks it's a moot point. Mark

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i agree with fenske, you should have her lifting heavy

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    high reps?why high reps u think high reps r gonna burn off the fat think again
    more defined=fat loss&water loss if shes holding ne ,also lunges will be workin glutes twisting with a stick does nothing for the waist for me atleast and it does hurt ur back id stay away from it y should she even be doing twists with a stick to shrink her waist???? people plz think about wut ur saying and do some research bcuz sometimes the answers r already there also im sorry if i got too hyped up its just cuz this kinda thing is gettin 2 common

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMethodX
    high reps?why high reps u think high reps r gonna burn off the fat think again
    more defined=fat loss&water loss if shes holding ne ,also lunges will be workin glutes twisting with a stick does nothing for the waist for me atleast and it does hurt ur back id stay away from it y should she even be doing twists with a stick to shrink her waist???? people plz think about wut ur saying and do some research bcuz sometimes the answers r already there also im sorry if i got too hyped up its just cuz this kinda thing is gettin 2 common
    What the hell are you on??

c_ville is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluethunder
    What the hell are you on??
    He may be on crystal meth as his username suggests.

I think most of what I am researching and hearing seems to go with what ACSM guidelines say. I don't think any of the advice is bad. I also do twist with a stick (bo) and it seems to help my wasitlie. I also do wood chops too with a pulley cabel. I think I will add some sprinting .

decadbal is offline Banned
    ok my only ? is this, u said u didntk now anything to help her, then why even tell her anything to do till u researched something???

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    ok my only ? is this, u said u didntk now anything to help her, then why even tell her anything to do till u researched something???
    I should have been more clear. I am looking for creative ways to keep her instrested in developing her lower body.

I am a certified P.T. but I have never worked out with a female, not even my wife. That's why I don't have any experience. She's not a client either, just someone who ask for help on her routines.

In this workout forum I have learned new techniques also. I now do deadlifts, I have been working out for about 7 yrs. I am afraid of deadlifts, but I have learned new techniques and pros and cons from researching here.

Deca
    what would you suggest?

decadbal is offline Banned
    i would do what i did when i was first PTing.. buy female workout mags.. and ask around, i woudlnt ever leave anything out of workouts for someone less it caused pain.. id treat her like a guy. same body almost same workout can be applied. imo. the two ladies i train do the same as some guys as far as workouts,

cool that's what I will tell her.

I just need some experienced reassurance.
    I give her suggestions with out gender in mind.
    Thanks.

Thread Information