mitch911 is offline Member

leg and shoulder day

today i was only able to do my legs..i was so exhausted from my leg workout that i threw in the towel before going to my shoulders because i dnt want to do a half fast job at just throwing the weights around with no concentration..i tried drinking half a gatorade during my leg workout to try and get some energy but it just dnt give me enough..i dont know why this happend, but il just save the shoulders for tomor

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    i do legs and shoulders together.. but i have to do shoulders first because if not just like you i will quit.. i do lunges tho with dumbells that i bring to a over head press. soo even at the point of doing legs second im still working in some more shoulders..

decadbal is offline Banned
    i do legs alone..

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    If you are doing both with good intensity your going to be cheating one of the muscle groups...

mitch911 is offline Member
    my week goes like this
    mon-chest/tris
    tues-back/bis
    friday-legs/shoulders...should i move my shoulders to say sat and just do legs on the friday? so i dont cheat one or the other muscle groups

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I would be careful about putting shoulders too close before chest as you may end up not being able to pound your chest with tired shoulders...I like Legs alone...they are big and take a lot of energy and will power to train properly. Can you train on Thursdays? A Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri split is pretty common and easy to work with. You may be fine with Shoulders on Saturday before Monday Chest, but I personnally would not do it.

blood-hound is offline Banned
    if prefer doing most upper body exercises on a sunday and then lower body on a wednesday, with tri's now but i seem to be getting good gains as it is and don't training almost through all the week mean ALOT more intake of proteins, vitamins etc.? and some exercises involve working a different muscle group that you might have been training the day before, its still recovering therefore you may lose a tiny bit there.

i prefer working out for an hour myself as i can work more muscles and i still get mass, strength etc. without going through everyday thinking 'crap, guess im working out again' as it becomes more of a job training almost everyday

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by blood-hound
    if prefer doing most upper body exercises on a sunday and then lower body on a wednesday, with tri's now but i seem to be getting good gains as it is and don't training almost through all the week mean ALOT more intake of proteins, vitamins etc.? and some exercises involve working a different muscle group that you might have been training the day before, its still recovering therefore you may lose a tiny bit there.

i prefer working out for an hour myself as i can work more muscles and i still get mass, strength etc. without going through everyday thinking 'crap, guess im working out again' as it becomes more of a job training almost everyday
    If you enjoy training, training 4-5 times a week isn't a hassle...

Thread Information