Thread: Help for friend

Beefkake31 is offline Member

Help for friend

Hey guys can one of you help me out with this, I have a friend who is 5'9 and 250 pounds. He is fat basically and he needs to lose his stomach and get more toned, that is his goal.

Can someone help me out and write down a workout plan and diet plan so I can show him to help him out. Any help is appreciated thanks. I just don't know for his body and weight how he should go by it exactly. And for those that are just gonna post tell him to do cardio and eat a lot of protein just please don't post at all thanks. Just people that can actually write a workout and diet SCHEDULE. Again, I would greatly appreciate it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hey, April fools is over!

I'd love to sit here and write out an entire workout and diet for free, but I have a life. I sense others do as well.

Really, I'd have him take some initiative and either come here to our diet board, or read-up somehow and put together a plan of attack. Perhaps he could use you as a resource as well? I'm just thinking realistically. Also, many could have given tid-bits of advice, but when you start setting boundaries as to what responses YOU want, that's a total turn-off of communication. I am more than happy to help out here, as is evident by the posts in this forum alone, but not when I am given a set of guidelines to conform to when doing something for FREE.

Honestly though, I don't think you are going to get somebody to construct and entire dietary protocol for free here for your friend. If someone does though, that's great, I just don't see it happening.

If I was really fat, I know I'd take initiative and get the ball rolling myself.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 04-18-2005 at 10:44 PM.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    (If I was really fat, I know I'd take initiative and get the ball rolling myself.)

Exactly,, he’s got to take it in to his own hands, why should I or any one ells right a hole diet and training program, with the thought that he may not Evan do it or say, *u*k this, after a week or so, theirs so much to go over and get in to, its not that easy. check out the cutting sticky do some reading look in to low crbs, maintaining muscle while dieting, ect ect.

zuke is offline Member
    well, get this "friend" of yours on the site and have him read up on the educational forums. there are cutting diets planned out. as far as a workout schedule.... there have been countless threads covering workout plans and it all comes down to this.

if the guy can't take the time to research for an hour on this forum alone and come up with something that is obviously better than what he has been doing, then he doesn't have the desire to make a change in his life.

zuke is offline Member
    sorry for being crass, but you have to understand... setting up diet and training plans for people that need help is what experts like swole cat do for a living. just do a search on his threads alone and you will find out a lot of great info. just don't come on here and ask people to work for free. all the guys on here are more than willing to help out those that want to help themselves.... but they have to want it enough change their lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hey, April fools is over!

I'd love to sit here and write out an entire workout and diet for free, but I have a life. I sense others do as well.

Really, I'd have him take some initiative and either come here to our diet board, or read-up somehow and put together a plan of attack. Perhaps he could use you as a resource as well? I'm just thinking realistically. Also, many could have given tid-bits of advice, but when you start setting boundaries as to what responses YOU want, that's a total turn-off of communication. I am more than happy to help out here, as is evident by the posts in this forum alone, but not when I am given a set of guidelines to conform to when doing something for FREE.

Honestly though, I don't think you are going to get somebody to construct and entire dietary protocol for free here for your friend. If someone does though, that's great, I just don't see it happening.

If I was really fat, I know I'd take initiative and get the ball rolling myself.

~SC~
    Ok SC, I wasn't setting guidelines, what is wrong with you people man . I didn't want a full length paper with intricate detail. I just said if there are people that just wanna say eat protein and run then to not post, thats all. I just wanted a little more detail in the posts. Like take in fat/carbs/protein at this ratio and eat this many calories a day, run this many times a week at this length, thats basically it for the most part, I wasn't asking for that much. So if you can at least give me a little of what I just said I would appreciate it once again

Quote Originally Posted by zuke
    sorry for being crass, but you have to understand... setting up diet and training plans for people that need help is what experts like swole cat do for a living. just do a search on his threads alone and you will find out a lot of great info. just don't come on here and ask people to work for free. all the guys on here are more than willing to help out those that want to help themselves.... but they have to want it enough change their lifestyle.
    Well he's 250 pounds so he need more help than an average guy trying to get a little cut or toned that is why I posted my thread or else I know how to go about these things for the most part. Just for someone his size and height I don't know exactly how many calories he should take in , what ratios of fat protein and carbs and how much cardio he should do.

And ya you guys are right for the most part, if he doesn't wanna put time into this forum and read up a little he is not dedicated enough. I'm thinking if I help him a little with this it will be something to help him get a start and he will start getting into it later.

zuke is offline Member
    check out the sticky's in the diet forum... as far as the "don't say do more cardio" request. cardio plays a big part of it.

i have yet to meet many fat people that run at least 15 miles a week. i cut my running down from over 20 miles a week when i am trying to gain weight. i have to run because of my job so i don't really have the option of not doing cardio, nor would i want to.

Give your friend the mouse and say SERCH

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    Okay here it is simplified. 1. Eat a balanced diet consisiting of ratio's 45/35/20ie (carbs/protein/fat). Drop the junk food except a cheat day here and there. Watch the total calorie intake and keep it below 3500kcals which = 1lb. 2. cardio 3-5 days a week empty stomach exception being water and iso-pure zero carb. THR 220-agex .65 for < 1hr. 3. weight train with moderate weights in the 10-15 rep range. It is not going to happen in a blink of a eye. P.S. Can someone write me up a buisness plan because I am changing careers in the near future? Oh yea, I forgot it does not need to be detailed its only my life here.
    Last edited by bluethunder; 04-19-2005 at 07:51 AM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Ok SC, I wasn't setting guidelines, what is wrong with you people man.

1)take in fat/carbs/protein at this ratio

2) eat this many calories a day

3) run this many times a week at this length

I wasn't asking for that much.
    Ratios, total kcals, cardio, etc., that's all intricate stuff and that is "much". It's basically everything in a complete diet!

Not sure what the "you people" classification is, but.............

~SC~

Luminaire is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkake31
    Hey guys can one of you help me out with this, I have a friend who is 5'9 and 250 pounds. He is fat basically and he needs to lose his stomach and get more toned, that is his goal.
    ROFL IM SURE U WOULD COME ON THIS BOARD TRYING TO GET A DIET PLAN FOR A 'FRIEND', YOUR THE FAT BASTARD ARENT U, DONT BE ASHAMED MAN WE CANT SEE YOU

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Perform 30 minutes of moderate physical activity on most days of the week.
    65%-75% of your Age Predicited Max Heart Rate.
    Perform weight training 3 days per week.
    Utilize machines, circuit fashion to begin.
    Perform 8-10 exercises that focus on the major muscle groups.
    Perform 1-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions.
    Consume approximately 3200 kcals.
    Use common sense when eating, Fried Chicken vs. Grilled Chicken
    French Fries vs. Baked Potatoe.
    These are general guidelines to begin exercising. . .

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I just lost over 80lbs on the "you are what you eat" diet plan. It works around only eating fresh home cooked foods and fruit and veg. The only fats you eat are EFAs and the only sugar is minimal natural sugar i.e one teaspoon of organic honey on oatmeal in the morning. I reccomend you buy the book its good, its written by a Dr Gillian Mkeith. She is very populat here in UK because of her no nonsense approach. I also do 40mins cardio per day (i find cross trainer is great for burning calories with minimal impact) and lift everyday (one bodypart perday). When I first started on weightloss i trained in circuit fashion five days per week i.e all bodyparts everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire
    ROFL IM SURE U WOULD COME ON THIS BOARD TRYING TO GET A DIET PLAN FOR A 'FRIEND', YOUR THE FAT BASTARD ARENT U, DONT BE ASHAMED MAN WE CANT SEE YOU
    now, now, now,

Thread Information