mikeysauce is offline Junior Member

My chest is out of proportion!!!

I have a problem...The size of my back, shoulders, and arms are completly unproportional to my chest. I have a huge back and crazy ass wide shoulders with 17inch arms unpumped. I'm only 18 and being a short guy at 5'6 weighing about 165/12%bf I seem to have a problem with building mass on my chest. Anyone have any suggestions. My chest workout looks like this:

Incline bench warm up, 11, 9, 7
    dumbell presses 11, 9, 7
    flat bench 11, 9, 7
    then the machine where you pull ur arms together to meet in the middle of ur chest...superset
    I like odd numbers...

DaGCHILD is offline Junior Member
    dont do that machine, try doing a littler less reps like 8 6 6, make sure your going heavy till failure and have a spotter, try something like this, its worked for me

4 sets flat bench
    4 sets incline bench
    and some DB flys and weighted dips, then switch up and do DB's for flat and incline ever 3-4 sets etc

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    add in some dumbell flyes and dips if you want to grow. dont do both db flat bench and bb flat bench for sure. pick one.

NewGuy88 is offline Junior Member
    I saw an article where Craig Titus said his chest always lacked until he switched from low reps (4-8) to high reps (8+). I guess everyone is different, just gotta find what works for you....

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I would pre-exhaust it for a while and see how it responds . . .

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Incline db or bb-12,10,8,6
    flat bb or db-8,6,4
    incline flys-10,8,6
    weighted dips on stand not with two benches or cable crossovers-10,8,6

All sets heavy till failure. Switch flat and incline from week to week. If you choose to do dips and cc then switch them from week to week also. Keep reps in same order. Good luck bro.

esone is offline Associate Member
    try doing one arm flat and or incline dumbell presses ( the lacking arm ) at the end of your workout with medium weight for high reps for a few sets. strengthening your stabilizer muscles helps promote a stubborn muscle to grow IMO. plus its also prevents you from getting an injury from trying to over do the stubborn muscle.

neiko is offline New Member
    Just a comment a trainer once told me, I had somewhat of the same problem. Based on your workout, if you do chest and tri's on the same day, hit your tri's first this way your chest excerise will be more isolated because your tri's are burnt therefore focusing more on the chest and less room to cheat using your tri's as extra power.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    im going to say this...
    get a flat bench put some 25lb plats under the end by your legs so its propped up at abotu 5 degrees get some db's and so some seriously slow controled bench GOGO

Deezuhl is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neiko
    Just a comment a trainer once told me, I had somewhat of the same problem. Based on your workout, if you do chest and tri's on the same day, hit your tri's first this way your chest excerise will be more isolated because your tri's are burnt therefore focusing more on the chest and less room to cheat using your tri's as extra power.
    not knocking you but that advice is terrible. If you need to isolate your chest better you need to work on your form or switch exercises to an exercise that allows you not to incorporate other muscles. Your tri's play a key roll in bench pressing. you should never pre exhaust your tris when trying to bench. your triceps and shoulders help you stabilize so you can focus on islolating your chest.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mike
    not knocking you but that advice is terrible. If you need to isolate your chest better you need to work on your form or switch exercises to an exercise that allows you not to incorporate other muscles. Your tri's play a key roll in bench pressing. you should never pre exhaust your tris when trying to bench. your triceps and shoulders help you stabilize so you can focus on islolating your chest.
    thats why i suggested my lift up above w/ a 5degree decline to take tension of front delts and isolate it more on the pects because his form is prolly sub par which is where he is using big tri's and delts to lift instead of pects.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neiko
    You got to watch some of those trainers. They are full of hot air.

Thread Information