Strength Regresses In Biceps..

Pretty weird, all my lifts steadily improve but over the past 3 months my bicep strength has just deteriorated..and trust me with the 8 sets I only do for them, it can't be overtraining. I really don't understand this sh!t and I got so pissed today after barely being able to do 25's i threw the weights...This is really frustrating man and I don't udnerstand it. Any tips?

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I find that mixing up my workouts helps a lot. Some weeks I work back + biceps and some weeks I work shoulders, triceps and biceps. I can curl 37.5kg (~80lbs.) dumbbells for reps now. Earlier this year I was only curling 30kg(~66lbs.) dbs.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    do u do back b4 biceps?

nope, always bi's and tri's the same day...

it's weird man I was repping 45's and 50's and now i'm at 25s? so frustrating

Sorri to be annoying, but can u post ur training split and the exercises u do, so i can make some suggestions, coz at the moment any advice i give u will be purely guess work

mon: chest
    tues: am cardio
    wed: bis/tris
    thurs:am cardio
    fri: back/shoulders
    sat: am cardio
    sun: legs

well theres ur problem, training bis twice in 3 days!!! If u train biceps hard on wednesday, then train back hard on friday, u are majorly overtraining ur biceps, and im guessing the overtraining has caught up on u. I had this same problem in the past, i cared more about arm development that nethin else, so woteva happened i had to have an arm day, but since then ive realised overtraining is very difficult to avoid if u have an arm day, becoz of the constant overlaps. I suggest u try a different approach altogether for example
    sun - rest
    Mon - Back Bis
    Tuesday - Chest tris
    Wed - rest
    Thurs - legs
    fri- shoulders
    sat - rest
    Imo this wud make overtraining far more unlikely, ne probs, gime a pm.

good suggestion man thanks

Unoid is offline Member
    8 sets?

umm even on the gear I do only 5-6 sets. I've never done more than 6 sets of any exercise.

beuleux is offline Banned
    A similar thing happened to me once except with pecs, I was on a cutting diet at the time and I found that was the problem... not enough food. Double check your intake maybe.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    Pretty weird, all my lifts steadily improve but over the past 3 months my bicep strength has just deteriorated..and trust me with the 8 sets I only do for them, it can't be overtraining. I really don't understand this sh!t and I got so pissed today after barely being able to do 25's i threw the weights...This is really frustrating man and I don't udnerstand it. Any tips?
    8 sets? not overtraining (for you individually)? think again. maybe take it down to 1-2 sets. look at the size of your bicept and comare to the size of your ****ing quads, do you really think that tiny ass muscle needs 8 sets? your not doing back before or a day or 2 or 3 before. are you getting in enough protein. i take in 2 grams per poiund of body weight

lol trust me...my diet is in check, came from the guru himself...swole

Thread Information