Pimp_C is offline Associate Member

Question Muscle Recovery Times

Does anyone know where to find a chart on muscle recovery times? I know most recovery times, the main one I am curious about is the abdominals. Does anyone know how long it takes your abdominals to recover from a workout? Is it ok to do an ab routine in the morning and evening, or will this just break down muscles.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Muscle recovery based on the intensity of physical activity. There is not really a standard. Yes training abs twice a day is too much. Abs are muscles just like every other muscle. Do you train any other muscles twice a day? Why would you want to train abs twice a day anyway? Ab training is not the way to a washboard stomach. Diet is.
    Last edited by JdFlex; 09-16-2005 at 01:51 PM.

jnx3k is offline Associate Member
    abs are a fast twich muscle, so they can be exercised more than some other. most you would want to work abs are 3 times a week. like said above though, diet is key. eat like crap, and your abs will look the same.

Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    not bustin your chops mate but this should be in the workout forum!

what about every day, goal is to make my abs super ripped, and my diet is clean. I am not talking about low reps but like 3 sets of 80-100 situps in the morning
    Last edited by Pimp_C; 09-16-2005 at 01:57 PM.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Its all diet. My abs were super ripped in high school and I never did any kind of ab work. You have to be very lean is all. I wouldn't work abs every day. 2 or 3 times a week is plenty. But that's just me.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimp_C
    what about every day, goal is to make my abs super ripped, and my diet is clean. I am not talking about low reps but like 3 sets of 80-100 situps in the morning
    Not saying you are..but the cardio/ab homos at my gym work abs ED.That's about all they do tho.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    Not saying you are..but the cardio/ab homos at my gym work abs ED.That's about all they do tho.

~Pinnacle~
    First of all, I know the guys that you are talking about, and that is definately not me. I don't even work my abs at the gym, i do it at home.My diet is ultra clean, and my training is very good(4-5 times a week usually only do legs,shoulders,back,chest 1 time per week, on seperate days of course, and arms twice) I eat aproximatley 5 meals a day low carbs, low-moderate fat, and high protien, the only sugar I eat is in the milk that I drink, also take a couple of protien shakes a day. I have a good six pack, just want to make it better, and for the record whenI say situps, I actually mean crunches, reverse crunches, and leg raises.
    Last edited by Pimp_C; 09-16-2005 at 03:02 PM.

bump, anyone else have any suggesstions

ward065 is offline Member
    regarding abs, i have pretty good abs and they are strong because i use heavy resistance when training them- never just bodyweight. And i only train them once every four days (same frequency as calves)

each time i train abs i only do one or at most 2 exercises. Most of the time it is one exercise. For example, i may do hanging knee raises with a 30 pound dumbell inbetween my legs and bang out 35 reps until failure. Crunches with a db behind your head, and weighted exercise ball crunches are basically the only 3 ab exercises i do. But just like training other body parts, i train my abs to failure- if you do this relatively infrequent ab workouts should yield excellent results

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Want good abs? Heavy squats and deadlifts!

Thread Information