Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member

what the hell happened?!

todays workout was possibly the worst and most frustrating in memory.
    on incline bench press, i normally warm up with the 65's for a couple sets, then gradually move up to 80's or 85's. today i could not get the 65's for even 8 reps. i can normally do weighted dips with a 75 strapped to me, i failed after 6 with a 25! on flat bench i could only do 155 3 times, and about this time i figured out it was my triceps that were truely failing. however they havent been touched since wednsday. my chest was still strong, it was esier than ever to do db flies and crossovers, since it had gotten almost nothing out of the presses! i started dieting last week, but not drastically at all. yesterday i ate very little, only about 4 meals. i have done this before though, and never had this kind of drastic loss of strengh. can anybody figure out what the f**k is going on?

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    You have to remember that when you start cutting, overtraining is easier to come by because recovery takes longer. Personally i never train a body part more than once a week while cutting, even when on a cycle!

i havent hit it more than once a week. and my diet hasnt been that lowered. just pisses me off i guess. i guess i just had a bad day

decadbal is offline Banned
    how long have you been trainin? constant i mean, when i have gone over 3 months straight my body is weaker, i usually take a week or so off and rest..
    ?

probably at least 3-4 months without taking significant time off(like a week). maybe thats the answer

ward065 is offline Member
    In my first year of training, this would happen to me quite a bit. but i think i was over training somewhat, i was working out 5 days per week.

I have always found chest training to be easier and more effective when trained with biceps

redmeat is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been working on your current routine without changing lifts and rep ranges?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I know when I'm going to have a shitty workout before I even get to the gym. To me its either from 1 of 3 things

1) I failed to drink enough water throughout the day.
    2) I didnt eat enough food throughout the day...especially if I skip out on breakfast and dont get my 1st meal in till about 1 pm or so
    3) Too much partying the night before (alcohol) always kills my workout the following day.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I know when I'm going to have a shitty workout before I even get to the gym. To me its either from 1 of 3 things

1) I failed to drink enough water throughout the day.
    2) I didnt eat enough food throughout the day...especially if I skip out on breakfast and dont get my 1st meal in till about 1 pm or so
    3) Too much partying the night before (alcohol) always kills my workout the following day.
    I suffer from one and 2 a lot...the other day i couldnt push shit bcuz I only had one glass of water that day and I usually have 2-4 liters a day

it wasnt that day that was really the problem, probably the day before. and i havent taken a break in forever. anyway,since yesterday was so shitty i wont count it as a workout, and im not working out today which makes days of no workout. well see what back day turns up for me tommorow

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    The days I think I'm going to kick ass in the gym seem to be my worst..
    For me, I think having weak days are normal. Just work through it. Half the battle in the gym is mental and those weak days really test your well being and confidence.
    You'll be fine. Try not to let it get to you....

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    figure out what it was, and strive to correct that.

Puffader is right. A majority of training is mental.

Use this off day to motivate yourself to kick your butt in the gym next time

SoulCard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    figure out what it was, and strive to correct that.

Puffader is right. A majority of training is mental.

Use this off day to motivate yourself to kick your butt in the gym next time
    your so gdmn esoteric it makes me sick derek! ...maybe its time I kick your butt in the gym next time! ...see ya tommorow bro!

BTW, sometimes there is no predicting or figurin out why ya had a bad day...i does just happen...
    Last edited by SoulCard; 09-26-2005 at 12:57 PM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    . Half the battle in the gym is mental and those weak days really test your well being and confidence.
    Exactly. Shitty days can mess with your dedication if you aren't careful. It's those days where you set PRs and feel great that makes you realize why you train

Thread Information