Fuegos is offline New Member

Not sure if Im in the right place

I have a cardio question related to running. Am I in the right place?

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    id say so, cardio, is exercise too.

Here goes.

My favorite form of cardio is running, because it makes me feel less like a hamster!

But, I'd like to keep putting on lean muscle. Aside from sprinting and changing up the intervals. What are your thoughts on running say 2-3miles (at about a 8.5-9min/mile pace) 3 times a week and "hamster" (white-collar) cardio every other day???

Thanks for any input

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    id say thats fine. its good that you can get that much cardio in. as long as you keep your food intake up, you can always gain lean mass.
    it doesnt sound like your an endurance athlete either, so i wouldnt worry about it to much, its awesome that you do cardio and have the ability to go out and run. too many people now adays dont do cardio and its a bad trend.

I only work 9 days a month so, I'm blessed with the time that MOST don't have.

And, you got that ryt, I'm no endurance athlete. I just like running cuz it's real-you know- I actually feel (cardiovascularly) its the only way I get stronger "cardio-wise" not for looks but for endurance...for my job anyway

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    sounds great to me. I run a 5k abt. 3 times a week, keep my cals up and still manage to pack on lean muscle. I know if I didn't run I'd be a lot bigger, but I'd rather go for overall health.

what do you do the 5k in?

good luck!

Hoorah Devil Dog.

Glad to hear that cuz that'll keep my paranoia down bout running. I run my 3 miler in about 24-26mins. I try to keep myself from going balls-to-the-wall reference the whole THR thing

Thread Information