Thread: Upper chest

Steven7 is offline Associate Member

Upper chest

O.k, I read on here that some people don't rate incline bench as a good upper chest exercise. So what do you guys use for adding mass to this bodypart?

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    incline bench is good but use BD"s is a better choice

Steven7 is offline Associate Member
    What are BD's?

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    dumbbells i think he means

for incline i prefer using the barbell, just a personal choice. i don't know if this has any scientific basis but i believe that barbell is better for adding mass (which is what i'm trying to do to my chest). one of the reasons for this is because you are almost always able to do more weight with a barbell than you can with dumbbells. of course i would advise mixing it up.

as far as effectiveness, i have always been taught that incline is necessary for upper chest development, i can't really think of any other exercise that causes the pec's to contract in that fashion. of course there are things such as incline cable crossovers and what not, but from what i understand these will do little to add mass to the chest

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    i like to superset pullovers with incline flies.....it gives a real good pump for me........

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ITALIANMAN
    i like to superset pullovers with incline flies.....it gives a real good pump for me........
    Pullovers will work the lower pec, and not that well either because the shoulders are rotated the wrong way. Pullovers are basically underhand pullups lying down, so the lats are being used more than the pecs and the range of motion is too small.

Thread Information