littleman6 is offline New Member

How can I defeat chicken legs

I've been trying to make my calfs grow sense i began lifting about a year ago. No matter what i try, they are not getting any bigger! I play soccer and not having big calfs when most do in this sport suck. Any advice?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Calves have a lot to do with genetics.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Like chest says, it has alot to do with genetics. Work your calves twice a week doing (1) Standing Calf Raises (2) Seated Calf Raises (3) Seated Calf Presses. That is all you can do. If they don't grow from that...you're out of luck bro.

JMumf is offline Junior Member
    Try throwing donkey calf raises in as well. They probably your best bet to adding some serious size.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    add some inches around your quads and hams. ass to grass squatting does this

if you already know this, genetically you are shit out of luck

TCEL300 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMumf
    Try throwing donkey calf raises in as well. They probably your best bet to adding some serious size.

what are those?

TCEL

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    what are those?

TCEL
    Bend forward at the waist until your trunk is parallel with the floor. Place your forearms on a stable surface. Have someone sit on your hips, to provide resistance, as you perform donkey calf raises (make sure your feet are on a block so your calves can get a good stretch at the bottom of the eccentric). If you need more resistance, load up with another person.
    A donkey calf raise machine can also be used if you workout at a good gym.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMumf
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEL300
    what are those?

TCEL
    Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Bend forward at the waist until your trunk is parallel with the floor. Place your forearms on a stable surface. Have someone sit on your hips, to provide resistance, as you perform donkey calf raises (make sure your feet are on a block so your calves can get a good stretch at the bottom of the eccentric). If you need more resistance, load up with another person.
    A donkey calf raise machine can also be used if you workout at a good gym.

This
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How can I defeat chicken legs-maxicam_donkey_calf_raise.jpg  

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    add some inches around your quads and hams. ass to grass squatting does this
    I think squatting is a plus... I think the calves contract statically at the bottom of the squat... and at the beginning part of the lying leg-curls.I'd have to review the the physiology charts.

I think adding quad/ham size is a great suggestion...taken the points i mentioned above into consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I think squatting is a plus... I think the calves contract statically at the bottom of the squat... and at the beginning part of the lying leg-curls.I'd have to review the the physiology charts.

I think adding quad/ham size is a great suggestion...taken the points i mentioned above into consideration
    i was thinking more along the lines of body proportion. one thing, support 500 pounds on your back, and that is one hell of a signal from your body saying holy crap the entire body needs to grow.

But most importantly, just like anything else. Proportion. Have you ever seen 22+ inch arms (lean) on a guy with small petite shoulders and who cant bench over 300. No, the guy would have to have bowling ball shoulders and a 450-500 bench. same principal if you are not born with calves. Getting the legs bigger so the calves can be in proportion would probably be a great strategy

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    I got mine to grow just by using huge weights. i would blast them once a week at the end of my workout to the point where they felt like jelly when i walked out the gym. I would do this for 3 weeks, then for the next 2 weeks id give them less weight on higher reps then give them 2 wks off.

Thread Information