paddy155 is offline Member

how much cardio ?

how much cardio should you do per week ? thanks

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    That would be dependant on your goals. Cutting, Maintaining or doing just enough to ensure gains are lean mass. Please post your goals and let the bros from here help.

i am currently starting a lean bulking diet.i know the cardio has to be done,and want to do it.was doing my cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 40 mins,twice a week.not sure if it's enough ?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy155
    i am currently starting a lean bulking diet.i know the cardio has to be done,and want to do it.was doing my cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 40 mins,twice a week.not sure if it's enough ?
    On a lean bulking diet, that is exactly what I would do. If you were cutting I would say 3-4 times per week, but 40 minutes is correct. You won't be anywhere near burning muscle if your diet is in check and you don't go over 40 mins. I think you are all set to go.

what do you guy's do for cardio.i was going out on my bike.what do you think?

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    I believe the heart rate is more of an issue than which piece of equipment. I however like the treadmill with an incline or the stationary bike.

Flexor is offline Banned
    If you were going for cutting, it is all about the heart rate. However, if you are doing cardio for cardiovascular fitness it is different. Jogging restricts the flow of blood back to the heart because of the momentary contractions of the leg muscles. This decreases cardiac output, as the heart can only pump what it receives via venous return. Therefore the heart has to work harder with jogging for a similar amount of muscle contraction. Cycling is different because you lean forward slightly and this allows more blood to flow to the heart. Also, you are moving your legs through a greater range of motion and there is a smooth contraction, unlike in running which is very interrupted. Both cycling and running are great for the heart, but you can go for longer in cycling without your muscles fatiguing which probably makes it more beneficial. Running is great for cardio fitness, but it can be tiring and tough on the joints.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    If I'm buking I'll do cardio 2-3x a week towards the end of the night. If cutting then I'd do it in the AM or after my AM workout/protein shake and again towards the end of the night.

Thread Information