ACAZORES is offline Member

abs before or after cardio

for better abs results should i do abs before or after a 45min cardio session?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    before

Thug Nasty is offline Associate Member
    Before.

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    Before. Doing cardio(except maybe a light 5 minute warm up) before any sort of muscle training is going to cause you to not have the energy to push your muscles 100%. Cardio "works" everything.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ashcfc3c View Post
    Before. Doing cardio(except maybe a light 5 minute warm up) before any sort of muscle training is going to cause you to not have the energy to push your muscles 100%. Cardio "works" everything.
    Lets go a touch deeper into this statement..... Cardio takes away your energy because it converts your ATP into usable energy and after that mechanism is complete it switches over to glycogen for energy and then fat.... the reason why weight bearing things should be done first is because the movement will deplete your glycogen levels prior to cardio vascular activity so you will perform better... get a better workout and the cardio will in turn burn more fat....

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soulstealer View Post
    Lets go a touch deeper into this statement..... Cardio takes away your energy because it converts your ATP into usable energy and after that mechanism is complete it switches over to glycogen for energy and then fat.... the reason why weight bearing things should be done first is because the movement will deplete your glycogen levels prior to cardio vascular activity so you will perform better... get a better workout and the cardio will in turn burn more fat....

Exactly, I'm just not smart enough to say it that way. I give it in lamence terms! haha

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten

great post

totally agree

cockMOTHAeffinDIESEL is offline Junior Member
    deffinently!!

i read in an article in M&F that your abs get a better workout after an intense cardio workout, however i disagree...cardio is always best after resistance training

D-Bo Dre is offline Member
    what if you occasionally incorporate weight training, cardio, and abs.. What should the order be then? Weights, abs, then cardio?? I usually do weights, cardio, then abs...

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    what i generally do is

weights
    abs/calves
    ride my bike home, drink some creatine and then run for about 15 mins at a pretty high intensity...
    does that work?

reconforce4 is offline Associate Member
    i usally do abs after cardio, because they dont need much high volume workout if ur using weights.

Thread Information