bigteez66 is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Supplement review 4th edition got me confused, light and reps or heavy and lower rep?

Ok, I am a newbie to the board. I have been lifting since the eight grade. Only in the past 3 weeks have I decided to start taking in protein,creatine,glutamine and some andro poppers owe yeah and some cyclo zmass at night. I am taking advantage of working at GNC. Anyhow I was bored one night at work and started reading the EAS sport supplement review book. The author suggest a totally diffrent approach to bodybuilding. Well to me anyhow! Basically the diet is high protein low carbs. The lifting routine is basicallt 5 sets of 5 heavy heavy weight, and 3-5 minutes in between sets. Stretching in between sets also. Now I couldn't bring myself to only do 5 reps so I have been doing 4 sets of 8. I can see that I will be getting stronger. I have only been doing this for about 1 week. I am wondering what you guys think?? Have you heard of this and is this recommended for someone wanting to bulk up? Thanks everyone!

Definst is offline New Member
    Personally andro products did absolutely nothing for me, even at double dosage. The protein, creatine etc supplements are a good idea. As far as putting on mass, I do sets of 7 reps, where the weights are so heavy I can barely finish my 7th rep. From what other lifters have told me, 5 to 7 reps REALLY heavy is best for putting on mass, the 7 reps have worked well for me so far. The 3-5min breaks between sets are ALOT in my opinion, I wait 30-45 secs between sets. Depending on the body part, I do 3 to 4 sets of 7 reps, really heavy, then I do a burnout set of 20 reps at half the weight I was using on my heavy sets, you should barely be able to finish your burnout, if it's too easy increase the weight. I do a burnout set after every final set of each exercise. Also, try varying hand grips, for example seated shoulder shrugs. First set hold on to "standard" hand position, next set hold on to the bar as close to your body as possible, and 3rd set hold on at the very edge of the handle. Basically, whenever possible, do standard, close grip and wide grip sets. Here's an example of how I do barbell curls:

1 set of 10 reps for warm-up, at 50% of my heavy weight
    1 set of 7 reps, heavy, standard grip
    1 set of 7 reps, heavy, close grip (about 2 inches space between my hands)
    1 set of 7 reps, heavy, wide grip (at the very edge of the weight bells)

30sec to 45sec break

30sec to 45sec break

30sec to 45sec break

1 burnout set of 20 reps at 50% of my heavy weight. So 3 sets standard, 3 sets close grip, 3 sets wide grip and burn-out (and warm-up if it's your first bicep exercise of the day) Seems like alot but give it a try and see if you like it. Also, how is your nutrition?

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont like that book, simply for the fact the author works for EAS and tries to tell what supplements are good and what are bad. thats like asking the pepsi company if coke makes good products, its all about marketing. too much bias involved

Thread Information