Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    Alright everyone, thanks for your replies. Again,
    the ideal post workout for me based on what I have:
    is cereal and cottage cheese a good option to prevent cortisol release?

Do any of the experience bros here agree with the notion that i wont lose muscle on this diet due to my natural frame?
    So guys,what's the final word on morning cardio. I know I should do it - optimal fat loss is attained at this time due to depleted glycogen levels and we can avoid cortisol by spiking insulin - but for how long? 30 or 45 ins?
    I jog mildly and have no clue what my hr is. Id say its high up though since its for a whole 30-45 mins, because hr is cumulative i understand.

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    If you don’t want to graph your HR… then consume at least 12oz of water and then begin your cardio and note when you start to perspire, and 15-30 mins from perspiration will suffice... (Note: this is a general time frame, for more accurate timing, body fat calculations, heart rate average would be necessary.)(Note: that once your body begins to perspire, that is not the water just consumed, but it is an easy way to know you are metabolizing hydrogen in your body) mild jogging..??? What’s that brother a fast pace walk... no kidding... a fast pace walk might be better than bouncing up and down slowly... Another option could be jump rope...If you can jump on short cut grass, this would be ideal also.. Again from my track days... 1min of constant jump rope is the equivalent to sprinting full speed for a 1/4 mile for the person doing the jump roping... so you may not be able to jump rope for a full minuet at first but build up to it by doing 30second bursts.... but don’t stop until you complete a total of 5 active minuets.

Sprinting cannot be compared to jogging or the stair stepper... so don’t think about it like that.... (I’ll explain if you like, just don’t want to keep writing novels)
    Jump roping will incorporate your whole body into the exercise. Fatiguing you faster and raising your heart rate up in an immediate effort.... just couple of options to your light jogging
    Last edited by mmaximus25; 01-20-2003 at 04:30 PM.

Are you saying that my light jogging is useless? I break a sweat and its a bit more than a fast paced walk thanks.
    BTW, do you guys know the answer to my qustions posted before?

mmaximus25 is offline Senior Member
    your too extreme with your question answers... I didn't say your light jogging was useless, I dont know where you got that from. I was giving you some other options... fast pace walking is not a joke, I do that on a treadmill to preserve my lean mass...
    You said how long for cardio, well it depends on the activity... aerobic excersice, tread mill, stationary bike, just sustain an elevated heart rate for 15-30 minuets depending on your body fat. When jogging your weight will give you some resistance, hence resistance training... So use distance as your gage, distance being the weight equal... I dont believe you should be jogging for 30 mins. Jogging having a close effect as sprinting you should try and close the distance with a shorter time, say Ex. 6-8 mins per mile for 2miles more than that and you might get into a catabolic effect.( when using this term you should understand we go in and out of catabolism daily, the key is not to stay it a catabolic situation.) You can avoid this effect by utilizing amino acids before and after your jogs...

For more specific data for you personally your gonna need some bodily stats... didn't mean to offend you bro...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Good posts mmaximus25 - he hit on a good point too. After a certain body weight a light jog does not work any better than a fast walk - and the fast walk is much better on your knees. You can see this on a treadmill equiped with a heart rate gauge - or if you had one of those watch thingamagigs. If you say, "light jogging" save you knees and do a power walk - a fast walk. If you are going to jog or run - the stride can be much safer than a light jog. Sprints and/or Pick-ups are a good way to work it in and develop a good stride.

I reformulated my diet by lowering carbs, to see if that will help.
    Check itout
    Breakfast post cardio
    Whole grain cereal (granola) with 2% milk

Midmorning
    Granola bar (180 cals)

Lunch
    At school I can bring tuna with mayo (fat free) with no bread or take off the bread off a cheesburger.

Mid afternoon
    1 C cottage cheese (Casein)

Dinner
    1 fist sized portion protein
    1 fist sized portion whole carbs
    1 tbsp olive oil in salad

After dinner snack
    1C cottage cheese
    MAYBE I can add 1tbsp natty pb here

What do you guys think?

bump

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    Not many will agree with this , and maybe some will, this is the diet i do, i bf% has been from 6-7% for over a year. First off this is just my opinion, high carbs will never work, u'll never look cut and just doesnt do the job. Here what i do, i have a lot of pics so if u wanna see what i look like give me a pm and i'll show that this is the shit all all diets , again just IMO the guys above know a lot so dont count anything out on here anyone has said, take all into consideration"
    meal #1
    7 eggs whites
    cup of oatmeal with packet of sweet and low
    multi vit / min ,
    meal #2
    protien bar low carb (net carb)
    Meal #3
    turkey or chicken breast
    broccli
    vit c
    Meal #4
    2 scoop shake
    Meal #5
    Tuna fish sandwhich on wheat
    tbls of low fat mayo
    Meal #6 (post workout)
    30g of protien
    35g of quick digesting carbs
    Meal #7
    glycerin time release shake
    or
    tuna fish and egg whites

Take some type of fat burner, xenedrine, stacker
    2 cheat meals a week
    1 snack a week

Keightly is offline Junior Member
    This diet lets u live with 2 cheat meals a week, but is also strict as hell . cardio should be done every other day 20-30 4.5mph in the am on empty stomach or post workout (i know that that will effect ur window to get carbs and protien, but technically ur still working out, i dunno it still works for me)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information