jurewix is offline Junior Member

biceps 2x a week?

I was readin the july issue of Muscle and fitness and there was an article about working a certain body part 2x times a week. My biceps are behind the rest of my body , and my shoulders make them look like nothing , so i was wondering if i should do them twice a week, i arranged a new split to so let me know what u think about it .

day 1- chest, bi's , abs
    day 2- legs
    day 3- abs
    day 4-shoulders, triceps,
    day 5- back, traps,bi's , abs
    day 6- off
    day 7- off

for my bicep work on day 5 i am planning on just doing 4 hard sets of hammer curls, and 4 sets of machine preacher curls..

so what do u think , u think i will be over training.?

solidj55 is offline Member
    I would say no but try it and see

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    just have to try and see, if you can rebuild in time before both workouts then you'll be ok

i'd say just hit them really really hard on one day, it's quality not quantity you're after

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    If you did bisceps two times a week then in actuality wouldn't you be doing them three times? Reason why I say that is becasue when doing back exercises the bisceps are getting a pump in as well.....JMO....

However, it wouldn't hurt to try....maybe go light and first and see how the bi's adapt....and let me know how it goes.....I'm interested in seeing what the outcome is...Keep it real....

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Iam doing this now for my chest I have a heavy day a speed day and a day where I do reps . The trick is only go to failure on one of the days .If you where to go balls out every arm day you would end up overtrained and maybe hurt.Iam also doing deads and squats 3 days a week .However I only really work the chest to failure once of those days.This goes for the others as well .I would also like to add that I dont think you could workout like this all the time but I believe it's a good way to bring something up to par .I will be training deads squats and bench for a total of 8 weeks then Ill change it around before I burn out.................CDOG

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by cdog
    Iam doing this now for my chest I have a heavy day a speed day and a day where I do reps . The trick is only go to failure on one of the days .If you where to go balls out every arm day you would end up overtrained and maybe hurt.Iam also doing deads and squats 3 days a week .However I only really work the chest to failure once of those days.This goes for the others as well .I would also like to add that I dont think you could workout like this all the time but I believe it's a good way to bring something up to par .I will be training deads squats and bench for a total of 8 weeks then Ill change it around before I burn out.................CDOG
    CDOG....isn't this true only becasue it's your chest....which is a larger muscle. I mean, working the bi out heavy or light would tend to overtrain it....

And by the way, I am not flaming you. Just wnated to get your 2 cents on this......

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    it might overtrain it but CDOG said not to do it for very long, which is good advice

i'd do that routine no longer than a month

he's not working bis 3 times a week because one of his bi workouts is on back day

That could be true butch .Last year I did a routine where I worked My bis 3 days a week and I got hurt and did overtrain however and this is a big however I was takeing everything to total failure and it messed me up .It looked like this
    Monday BB curls 3x8
    preacher curls 3x8
    dumbbell curls 3x8
    wed BB curls 3x4 heavy
    preacher curls 3x4 heavy
    dumbell curls 3x4 heavy
    fri same as monday Again I took everything to total failure and I was going heavy rest between each set was like 4-5min .At first it went real good then 4 weeks in I got hurt .So looking back I think it would have worked had I only went heavy on one of those days and the other days as recover days .Like heavy on monday 4-6 reps then on wed, and fri 10-12 reps yet falling short of failure .Also I think the number of reps was to high I should have gone with 2 working sets vs 3 . Another thing you need to rember is that when you hit your back if you are like me I work the piss out of my bis from doing heavy rows deads ,Pull ups crap like that so if you want to to your bis more than once a week I would make sure to do one of the bis day on a back day and IMHO it should be a recovery bi day and not a heavy day ...........CDOG
    Last edited by cdog; 05-21-2003 at 08:51 PM.

One more thing I am working my bis two times aweek now but it looks like this when I do heavy deads on monday I will also do rows pull ups and one heavy working set of hammer curls (neg's)1x6 then on Friday I will do 3x8-12 hammer curls and thats it .And when I work them on friday I stay a rep or so from failure going more for a hard pump on fri day ..........CDOG

sd11 is offline Banned
    Normally I would say not to do them twice a week, but since you're training them on back day it's a slightly different story. The only thing I would suggest is not to do the same bi routine on each day. I would do do basic mass builders on day 1 and on your back day I would do some peaking movements, only 2 exercises each day and keep your sets low JMO.

jurewix is offline Junior Member
    here is my bicep work out for the 2 days that i plan on doing

monday-day 1- seated alt curls, 3x10
    spider curls, 3x10
    preacher curls 3x10
    super set with cable curls 2 sets to failure.

friday-day 4- machine preacher curls 3x10
    hammer curls 3x 12

what do u think

solidj55 is offline Member
    Too much

I think if friday was just like a flush day it could work .Ithink if you want big arms you should just focus on heavy deads and hit the crap outa the rows ................CDOG

Thread Information