tryintogetswoll is offline New Member

how to make bicpes grow

for some reason i dont think my biceps are growing proportional to everythign esle except my calves (which havent grown since i was about 8)...and its pissing me off........ive already tried masterbating a lot..helped a lil but not much...now im stuck with a dilema..i have massive forearms and no bi's..no but seriously any suggestions? .
    Last edited by tryintogetswoll; 12-13-2001 at 11:25 PM.

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member
    try barbell curls, and do them strict and slow! And when ur down 4 sets, ur bi's should be dead, then try doing a few sets of cheat barbell curls... and of course some exercises after, but i keep barbell curls my primary

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i totally agree with triple plates...heavy ass barbell curls

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    i agree too...it is like anything..if you are having touble making one muscle grow..go back to the all famous Weider Priority Principle. Make sure you do it first in you workout so that you can devot full intensity to it. Also stick to basic movements like Barbell curls..and go heavy. Of course don't lose mind of form.

Hope this helps...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Shredz
    i agree too...it is like anything..if you are having touble making one muscle grow..go back to the all famous Weider Priority Principle. Make sure you do it first in you workout so that you can devot full intensity to it. Also stick to basic movements like Barbell curls..and go heavy. Of course don't lose mind of form.

Hope this helps...
    that what i like to see, LOL Yeah, i have never had trouble with my bis but i just keep cranking up the wieght till i can maybe do 6 on my last set with proper form.

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Switch up you exercises all the time.
    My favorite. Like everyones above. Barbell curls, do it slow. I push myself really hard on those after 3 sets it feels like by bis explode, because muscule has nowhere to go.

tryintogetswoll is offline New Member
    thanks for the help fella's ....on my way to the gym now

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You are probably overtraining them just stick with barbell curls once a week for now and you should see the diffrence.

Capital X is offline Associate Member
    The problem with most people is that they overtrain. More is not better with your bi's. Hit them hard for 2-3 exercises and for 3 sets each. Make sure you get a good burn and a great bump. I have used this to develop my pipes at 19'......naturally. Don't forget that your arm is 2/3 tricep.

Capital X

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Shredz are you sure that the priority principle is a weider principle or does he just lay claim to it. LOL

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Shit, is that true about the triceps? 2/3 of the arm? I also seem to have dif building up the biceps. They look okay, but my tris are basically bigger then my biceps. I work them hard, still feel soft and mushy sometimes (when i'm not working out). Could it be that since I'm only 19 my muscles haven't really hardened up yet???

Thnx
    Terinox

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    HEY Terinox, I'm not sure if age plays difference at all in this. I'm 20 and I think that my Tri is the fastest growing muscule on my body. Just my chest sucks really bad.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Here is my bi workout. I hope it will help. It has for me but everyone is different. My bi's are definitely my best muscle group. I do lots of peak exercises cause my bis have always been long and full. 5 sets well 4 and a warm up. reps of 8-10 twice a week

heavy barbell curls
    concentration curls
    incline dumbbell curls
    21's last and I really burn them

Everything heavy and slow just like everyone said. When I'm done my bi's are so sore

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Heres one for your biceps that works good for me a BB showed me and it seems to work well. After a heavy set of curls and/or barbell curls, drop the weight and do tight curls without the weight. In other words, do a set of curls without any weights but keep the pressure on the bi's, by keeping your curling motions tight, I clench my fists and flex my entire arm as if I were holding the weight. what this does as a BB told me, is that is traps all the blood in the bicep, and causes it to become full of blood, causing the muscle to grow. anyone else ever heard or tried this? I do it till I can't do it anymore or the burning is too much to bare. I only do this after my heavy set of curls, if not you will be able to do 1000 or so and not feel anything.

Thread Information